• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking roxy

hadini

Greenlighter
I have looked at existing threads on this and the consensus seems that by and large this is a waste of drugs.

I was wondering if anyone could offer a more scientific explanation. Back when I used to hang out with a pill addict he showed me how to smoke off the foil and did it himself in between snorting it. I found that it definitely had an effect (I have nervous system issues so the placebo effect wont work on me, immediate pain releif).

Is the consensus just that it wastes some amount of the pill, or that it doesnt work at all? Also anyone know what is harmful about smoking the binders versus smoking a cigarette for example. Smoke is smoke usually, right?

Smoking is not my pref ROA I was just curious.

Smoking pills is not healthy. And with opioids, morphine excluded, oral bioavailability is highest for all ROAs, at about 90%. Rectal may be a little higher. Just swallow your opioid pills, unless they're ER, then i guess snorting wins... But for roxies, hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxymorphone when in IR tablets oral is best.

Heroin and fentanyl - just don't try these. They destroy lives, kill people, etc... faster than any other class of drug, ime.

That said, those two are not that great when taken orally, esp. Heroin.

I forgot hydromorphone (diluadid), that one is probably best, for you, to be snorted if the pill size is small.

Methadone, oral is best.

Warning- opioid addiction is a bitch that sneaks up on you like a dark figure in an alley you didn't see as you passed it. It'll rob you, stab you, follow you home and piss off everyone you know, steal from them, lie, make you homeless, etc...

Moderation. But that's difficult to maintain. Save the opioids for when you actually need them...

It works, yes... BUT it is a waste of material. As in you will burn more of the oxy than you will get into your lungs. It is also quite unhealthy for you, it can do damage to your lungs. I guess at the end of the day it depends on what your preferred ROA is. Also keep in mind vaporizing it does not last long, it is a very short lived high. But hey man, it is not my body or my money.

I've spent years addicted to smoking roxies. Smoking anything is the quickest way for it to reach the brain. The high is crack like in duration and most of life is spent in a hellish cycle of either smoking or going through withdrawal. It absolutely delivers enough drug to exhibit all of the classic mu agonist dependency factors.

Coming off of smoked oxycodone was the most agonizing withdrawal I've ever gone through. This was back in Florida's pill mill days. I was smoking ten in a row to catch a nod. And even then, the high was short. With smoking alone you're just not getting a steady amount efficiently into your system to feel the common morphine and heroin sedative effects. It's a speedy, racy surge of oxycodone mixed with a dirty type of chemical sensation.

Eat your oxy on an empty stomach.

It is an unbelievable waste to be smoking roxies. Period. For years now, every time I see a "smoking roxy" thread I wonder if people if these people are just purposely wasting their drugs. I tried for years to convince my friends that the best, mst safe way for a 30mg roxie is to just eat it. Plain and simple. Snorting it, I would bet a bunch gets caught in your actual nose and you lose some, and besides, the drip down to your stomach is where the magic happens. I think these smoking threads come from people who have a smoking fetish, to be honest.

It ABSOLUTELTY works.

Back when their were the original OC's.... OC 20, OC 40, OC 60, and OC 80 ALL smoked AMAZINGGGG!

I used to smoke them over taking them oral ALL DAY. ?The old OC's had a WAY higher BA of smoking! I would POP an OC 80, and feel LOVELY, absolute unbeatable.

But once I smoked 1, I'm like WOAH...THIS EUPHORIA seems AMAZING! I smoked a whole 80...had me NODDING for a WHILE...THAN it became as good as orally. Smoking produces a RUSH...where as orally doesn't.

Now with the OP's...I'd just flush them away.. GARBAGE!

BUT I also LOVE the Roxicodone...15's, 20's, and 30's...ALL can be smoked affectively. Yes, the BA for smoking ROXY is pretty low, BUT it still gives a rush where oral does.

Here's how I see it.

Smoke = 15 min rush / 2 hour high

Oral = no rush / 4.5 hour high

SMOKE IT UP

We all agree you can smoke them. BUT it is a waste of pills, you go through them like crack, it does serious damage to your lungs and IMO snort/eat is the way to go. Shooting is really the best feeling but it is really bad for you. And it can be even if you use a micron filter.

Just to add to the above, of course smoking "works" but the bioavailability of oral is great, chew on an empty tummy.
Also keep in mind that rush that u smoke it for is exactly what would make it harder to quit, and nearly impossible to go back to oral , because you'd miss the rush and the ritual.
Stick w oral or quit.

I think this is one of the few occasions I'd say shooting it would do less damage to your body. I am not terribly experienced, but I'm getting some 30s tomorrow with the intention of banging for the first time

That's a tough path you are choosing. The needle becomes a fetish. It really a lot of trouble and shooting pills is never a good idea.

i hope you have a micron filter. imo the only pill i would ever put in my vein is dilaudid because the BA is significantly increased when injected.