• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking Oxycontin

tris248

Greenlighter
I've read many posts\threads here that claim that smoking oxycontin is a waste. Well, I couldn't disagree more! I'd like to share my method with hopes of getting feedback, or possibly other effective methods of smoking OC.

1) First off, you must destroy the slow-release mechanism. I'm sure this method has been explained many times, but just in case I'll go over it briefly:

It's best to use 80/40mg pills, since prepping the pills is a hassle.
a)peel the coating off the pill using a straight razor, and swallow (this layer is instant release.)
b)grate the pill using a foot file (the files used to remove dry skin from feet soles) and use the razor to cut up the OC powder as fine as possible. you should be left with a tiny fraction of a pill that you can't properly grip to continue grating - swallow it.
c)pre-heat your oven to 150-180degrees celsius, spread your OC powder on a single layer of tin foil and put it into the oven.
d)DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE OC!!!!! can easily burn and if that happens it's 100% waste - tragic indeed. the second the powder takes on a golden yellowish-brown hue, remove the tin fol and immediately put it in the freezer. 7minute should be enough, but i let it rest for 15minute - better safe than sorry.
e)scratch the powder off the tinfoil using a creditcard, and cut it up with the razor, again as fine as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) you have now destroyed the slow-release mechanism. next, grab a cigarette, remove half to 2/3rds of the filter and insert filter back. if you don't mind the harsh burden on your lungs you can also go filterless - obviously the filter will also swallow up the OC, leading to waste.

prepare a (thin) line of OC, like the entire length of the cigarette and press it against the line so it sticks to the cig. Now light it up and smoke! i let the ash fall naturally, as flicking it could cause the top part of the cig to drop, leading to waste.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smoking OC this way gives me the best rush ever! and gets me totally fxd up, never IV;ed anything in my life but I can only assume smoking this way comes at a close second. i usually snort half and smoke half - awesome experience.

so there you have it, pills can indeed be smoked and it's a shit-ton of fun!!! i'd appreciate feedback from those who will try this for the first time, and also if anyone has any other methods of smoking OC, do share!

thanks in advacne, and happy hunting!

This is not harm reduction at all especially with all the fake pills out there. Pills are not safe to smoke and actually really harmful. Besides that smoking oxymorphone is a waste.... A 49 mg should be enough for anyone unless they are in chronic pain, which than it should manage that pain. Anyone should get wrecked off an 80 and if you don't your tolerance is to high m

This thread has no HR value and is in fact harmful recommending an unhealthy habit of smoking pills. OP I get you want to help people and you think that this guide you put effort into making will do so, but in fact the opposite is true. I suggest you try to stop smoking oxys and try to reduce your use while switching to using them orally.

Well at least you use a filter, I'll say that much. Are these the same oxy pills that gel up in water?

This might be a nice way to get a rush but it's still extremely unhealthy and still one of the least efficient way to get oxy into your system.

@falsifiedhypothesi i'm referring to oxycontin pills. i have no idea if they gel or not, i have never tried to dissolve them in water. in all honesty i do not filter the pills, would not want to falsely claim i do.

@tacodude i purchase my pills with the original seal, so in my case there's no risk of consuming fakes. naturally i recommend everybody do the same - this is the reason i consume pills/fentanyl patches and not street-grade heroin/opium, where you really have no clue as to the contents. obviously everything you say is true, and in a perfect world nobody would consume opiates/oids for recreation, but of course this is not the case. imo any slow-release pill has little to no recreational valiue anyway. i don't know too many people who get 'wrecked' off 80mg of oxycodone either - sad but true.

i appreciate you noticing i had no malicious intents, and i apologize if i promoted an unhealthy route of administration.

Just saying.... Every once and a while a thread pops up like this were something thinks they have the perfect genius method to "make a pill useful" when it is really the same crisping method plus writing in so little word,"but you gotta be real careful and do it slow like I say." Besides this just not being anything that isn't already posted it doesn't even provide any info to help someone understand what they are actually doing to make the pill useful. If they did they probably wouldn't use it realizing all the harmful stuff they are allowing to be put in their body the wrong way... Pill powder from an ER pill in your lungs would be especially bad.

1)Is crisping hypromellose safe
2)Is smoking an addition salt, especially in an impure state going to destroy the stuff?

OxyC is a joke - just strong codeine. If it is your tipple then maybe consider those points and work out how to do it properly. In fact, 'properly' is O-deprotection to oxymorphone which is childishly simple but I'm not going to outline how to increase someones habit. Just a way to spend LESS.

I've read many posts\threads here that claim that smoking oxycontin is a waste. Well, I couldn't disagree more! I'd like to share my method with hopes of getting feedback, or possibly other effective methods of smoking OC.

1) First off, you must destroy the slow-release mechanism. I'm sure this method has been explained many times, but just in case I'll go over it briefly:

It's best to use 80/40mg pills, since prepping the pills is a hassle.
a)peel the coating off the pill using a straight razor, and swallow (this layer is instant release.)
b)grate the pill using a foot file (the files used to remove dry skin from feet soles) and use the razor to cut up the OC powder as fine as possible. you should be left with a tiny fraction of a pill that you can't properly grip to continue grating - swallow it.
c)pre-heat your oven to 150-180degrees celsius, spread your OC powder on a single layer of tin foil and put it into the oven.
d)DO NOT TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE OC!!!!! can easily burn and if that happens it's 100% waste - tragic indeed. the second the powder takes on a golden yellowish-brown hue, remove the tin fol and immediately put it in the freezer. 7minute should be enough, but i let it rest for 15minute - better safe than sorry.
e)scratch the powder off the tinfoil using a creditcard, and cut it up with the razor, again as fine as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) you have now destroyed the slow-release mechanism. next, grab a cigarette, remove half to 2/3rds of the filter and insert filter back. if you don't mind the harsh burden on your lungs you can also go filterless - obviously the filter will also swallow up the OC, leading to waste.

prepare a (thin) line of OC, like the entire length of the cigarette and press it against the line so it sticks to the cig. Now light it up and smoke! i let the ash fall naturally, as flicking it could cause the top part of the cig to drop, leading to waste.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

smoking OC this way gives me the best rush ever! and gets me totally fxd up, never IV;ed anything in my life but I can only assume smoking this way comes at a close second. i usually snort half and smoke half - awesome experience.

so there you have it, pills can indeed be smoked and it's a shit-ton of fun!!! i'd appreciate feedback from those who will try this for the first time, and also if anyone has any other methods of smoking OC, do share!

thanks in advacne, and happy hunting!

Snorting Oxy/Opana's are a waist of active ingredient, or its a poor ROA imho. Smoking=(38%-60% BA), Snorting = (60% BA), Oral=(80%-86% BA), Injection= (98%-100%) depending on methods used.
That's not counting the process you use to file it down then heat it to get all the buffers out and inactive fillers, most common methods reduce opiate content by small percentages. With that said Smoking any pill greatly reduces the effects compared to other ROA's. Using your preferred prep methods adding proper filtering with Micron wheel filters to take out inactive particulates, i recommend using another ROA since all of them have higher BA and if you increased the BA via Smoking during your preperation's then all other methods will be increased as well.

NOTE: if you use enough of any opiate in any ROA you will get bombed. Be careful, educate yourself before taking, snorting, Plugging, smoking or shooting any substance and practice moderation, Addiction is a fickle bitch and most substances are meant to be handled with care and taken sparingly not every day habit use.

I have snorted, smoked plugged, and iv'ed both OC and OP, the one you are talking about is OP's the OC that used to be made had a green coating on it that you got wet and rubbed off. This method you use is not safe for Injection and probably not safe for any ROA it should be thoroughly filtered with 0.22 micron filters until its clear unless you want organ failure down the road.

Last edited: