• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking Opium Resin From Dried Poppy Pods

Ohayou

Bluelighter
After my first PPT experience, I was amazed to experience my first opiate high in 6 years after being on buprenorphine for years and years. When I tried fentanyl a few weeks back it did nothing to me, but this was different, but it was not epic either.

The worst part of all this was swallowing the tea which tasted to me like vomit, urine, and bad breath. I managed to make 5 large pods worth of tea, drank it all and ate the grounds. The high was an initially subtle but soon very powerful euphoric and stimulating high.

I used my remaining pods (5 large) to do a bit of an experiment:

I brewed tea out of them as usual but allowed the water to evaporate away for hours and hours without ever boiling. What I have left is a sticky, muddy, brown substance that looks very much like opium.

Is it possible that I have extracted a pure resin of actives from dried pods? Should I smoke this? Anyone have some experience doing this? I mean, if I have the next best thing to raw opium here I think I could smoke this? Why have I not heard of people doing this before? Is it not worth it?

After my first PPT experience, I was amazed to experience my first opiate high in 6 years after being on buprenorphine for years and years. When I tried fentanyl a few weeks back it did nothing to me, but this was different, but it was not epic either.

The worst part of all this was swallowing the tea which tasted to me like vomit, urine, and bad breath. I managed to make 5 large pods worth of tea, drank it all and ate the grounds. The high was an initially subtle but soon very powerful euphoric and stimulating high.

I brewed tea out of them as usual but allowed the water to evaporate away for hours and hours without ever boiling. What I have left is a sticky, muddy, brown substance that looks very much like opium.

Is it possible that I have extracted a pure resin of actives from dried pods? Should I smoke this? Anyone have some experience doing this? I mean, if I have the next best thing to raw opium here I think I could smoke this? Why have I not heard of people doing this before? Is it not worth it?

I did the same a couple times...nothing to write home about. Then I did an isopropyl soak w/ground to dust poppy heads, now I was getting somewhere

Okay well then maybe i will just take this goop orally then and get the same effects as the tea would have just in a much more condensed form. I don't want to waste it if I won't feel much by smoking it.

Okay well then maybe i will just take this goop orally then and get the same effects as the tea would have just in a much more condensed form. I don't want to waste it if I won't feel much by smoking it.

Best bet...
My best proven method (when I could still get them) Snap off at ring-dump out seeds (for planting) snap of crown- pulverize pods to dust, the finer the better- I usually used 10-12 purple pods' soak in 1 quart water w/ juice of 2 large lemons (lower ph extracts alot more dried latex)-soak in pan w/ tight fitting lid overnight on top of refridgerator (temp' stays around 90-100 degrees-strain w/ coffee filter-enjoy! Dont throw away -soak in a pint of water -enjoy.

I wonder what would happen if one were to plug this resin? I'm sure someone out there might know.

PURE resin? Not even close. You have lots of waxes, tannins and other junk from the plants that is water soluble alongside the opiate alkaloids. There has been loads of discussion over the years (especially when pods were more accessible and cost-effective) and the general consensus is the effort isn't worth it. If you have to ask how to get a product that will smoke properly, you probably don't have the chemistry skills or equipment necessary and you will likely be disappointed trying to smoke the disgusting, gooey mess left from evaporating water from pod tea.

^Yeah that seems to be the reality of it, I'll stick to oral ingestion...

definitely just eat it. it works well orally, but i find vaporising to be a waste of time, whether it is evaporated pod goop or bled pods.

if you had a nice lump of refined opium and the right tools to properly smoke it (the traditional way) then that would be a different story. but i agree with you - just eat it.

i recently had a canvas bag that i'd used to hold pods from harvesting a number of guerrilla poppy grows i did last spring.
the bag was stiff with brown opium sap, so i washed it in water a couple of times and slow-cooked the solution until it evaporated.
i then scraped up the goo and put it in gel caps.
a very effective, enjoyable, natural intoxicant. warm and dreamy - my preferred opiate.
just be very conservative with your doses - you can always have more if need be.
eating too much opium makes for a very unpleasant 24 hours or so of sickness. just be safe and have a nice time! :)

On the other hand, in my location we have been totally unable to buy smoking opium fingers since about 1982. Around the time Thai white was replaced by Afghan brown refined product. Do you think this shift has anything to do with it? I am having immense difficulty finding dried pods at a price that justifies the purchase, too. Who is best vendor for value? My mum loves them in her arrangements, and I have given her some, without divulging the extortion involved in obtaining them...

Sickness and nausea are easily countered by taking 50mg Valoid (cyclizine, same antiemetic used in Diconal and Cyclimorph) just before you eat/drink your half dozen pods!
definitely just eat it. it works well orally, but i find vaporising to be a waste of time, whether it is evaporated pod goop or bled pods.

if you had a nice lump of refined opium and the right tools to properly smoke it (the traditional way) then that would be a different story. but i agree with you - just eat it.

i recently had a canvas bag that i'd used to hold pods from harvesting a number of guerrilla poppy grows i did last spring.
the bag was stiff with brown opium sap, so i washed it in water a couple of times and slow-cooked the solution until it evaporated.
i then scraped up the goo and put it in gel caps.
a very effective, enjoyable, natural intoxicant. warm and dreamy - my preferred opiate.
just be very conservative with your doses - you can always have more if need be.
eating too much opium makes for a very unpleasant 24 hours or so of sickness. just be safe and have a nice time! :)

Really potent opium from dried pods.

Before making anything out of poppy straw, you have to wash it first. By wash I mean grind it up and use 99% rubbing alcohol or MEK to get all the plant fat, oil, wax and clorophyll out it. That means: soaking it for a few hours and straining it. Repeat the process until the solvent doesn't leach anything else out and when strained is completely clear and has NO color to it. What is extracted from the pod material is called "Poppy Straw Concentrate," or PSC. I read how to do this. It's the Turkish method. They were the first people to make Morphine and pain pills from the poppy straw. It's also a way to get a really high yield out of not a whole lot of poppy plants.

Last edited:
Once it's been washed you can make really STRONG teas' tentures and morphine out of it. To make morphine out of poppy straw, washing it is a must. It will not work unless it's washed. All that unwanted gunk interferes with the process. Also when you wash the straw and do an extraction is "Poppy Straw Concentrate." That left over concentrate can be eaten and will hit you just like a potent pain pill but it hasn't been chemically altered. Also you can vaporize the concentrate. Doing that brings smoking opium to a whole new level. It hits WAAAAAY harder and is WAAAAAAAY stronger then raw or cooked opium. Leaps and bounds stronger. Poppy straw is pretty much morphine base. If you do make morphine out of it, the morphine base will be purer then if you used raw opium to make it with.

Last edited:
Poppy tea comes out FAR stronger and hits ya faster when you (wash your pods in alcohol) first. It takes less poppy pods and it also allows you to get all the alkaloids out in one steeping. Be careful when making tea with washed pods because it's way stronger and will hit you faster and harder. Drink half of what you would have before and wait.

Last edited:
Tentures are awesome to make with the PSC. Take Vodka or any liquor and pour a shot into a bottle that has a dropper, making sure that it's only filled about 13 of the way. Get a small funnel and fill it almost completely to the top with the PSC and shake the shit out of it. Eventually the PSC will completely dissolve. After that you can use the dropper to put a couple of drops on your tongue. I'd say start with a drop and wait till it hits you. It's so easy to overdose on this stuff so take caution. You can easily die by taking to much of this.

I'm gonna use the PSC to make opium Jello shots. First you'll have to figure out what a nice mellow dose of the PSC is. Then take that dose and multiply it by the number of shots you wanna make. Take that amount and dissolve it in warm water. After it completely dissolves, Make jello as directed minus the amount of water you have with the PSC in it. Wait till the jello cools below 170 degrees and mix you dissolved PSC in. Then pour it into a shallow wide pan. I'd say you don't want it to be thicker then about an inch. First of it will set up much quicker then letting it set up in a bowl. Also it will allow the PSC to be evenly distributed through out the batch. Lastly you'll be able to cut it up into equal peaces. Be safe when doing this because like the tenture, it will be easy to overdose.

Five posts in a row? From what I can see all the subject matter could have been covered in two, perhaps even ONE post. It is much easier and more fluent to read a single post - I see no reason for putting five thoughts into separate posts especially as three seem to have been written almost directly after each other.
Do NOT smoke opium in a spliff. The temperature is too high. Research that yourself.
By 'tenture' are we to read 'TINCTURE'?
Tincture may really only be made by the dissolving of cooked opium (CFO) in 87%+ ethanol. Polish White Spirit is perfect. Alternatively you could get a prescription for the stuff. Tincture of Opium USP is available and scheduled 2. I think it is made in the USA by Mallinckrodt, Inc.
There is a far higher risk of overdosage with tincture than with smoking. If you can not procure a proper opium pipe (they are actually illegal to possess) then opium smokes well on foil. The residue which collects on the foil 'tooter' you smoke through is probably twice or more as strong as the original material.
As I understand it, the USA CSA criminalises the growing of P.somniferum, which is not the case in most countries, where a criminal offence is only committed when the pods are scored and latex extracted. If the heads are collected and dried then made into a 'tea' which is then evaporated down and then cooked to make smoking opium, an offence is committed but it is extremely unlikely that anybody would know about it.
When using opium please remember that overdose and addiction may follow. Only use what is required, and the best way is to smoke it - you automatically stop smoking once you have reached the point where the best effect has been achieved, making it safer by far than any other method. Make sure that you heat the foil only in as much as is needed to release the fumes or the material will be degraded and potency decreased by quite a lot - a mistake made by so many who smoke opiates/oids.
Some forget just how potent opium is, and think only in terms of heroin or morphine bases. Yes, you can easily produce those from the opium you make, but you will lose some of the best effects of the drug that way. Heroin, for example, does NOT have the dreamlike quality of an opium high.
Easily grown in almost any climate as long as it is not wet, P.somniferum is probably the world's oldest and most useful medicinal plant. For medicine and pleasure in equal quantity you can't beat it.

Last edited:

By the way that IS raw opium. What you want for smoking though is COOKED opium. Raw contains far too much gunk and plant material which ruins the smoke quite. Apart from tasting awful and not burning properly. There are plenty of places to find out exactly how to make smoking opium.