• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoking Meth VS Snorting

You'd be surprised at how many straws pile up in your pockets. The big drawback is this stuff is really hard to "chop'. Those little shards are still too big to get up your nose, and if you crush them, they can shoot bits all over. So you kind of have to torque them on a good surface. Which means carrying around your good surface, and a smashing tool, and like ten square feet of black butcher paper for all the flying bits. I still have not figured out a good way to do this, esp. when travelling. The risk of catastrophic mess always bothers me; one reason I keep the stash divided at all times (just drop your tray in the sink in a public bathroom--true Horror).

And then there's your fucking sinuses, that a god or Darwin decided we need for some reason? To catch those little crystals so they can send roots out into your skull, protesting their fate I guess. They never get clear together at the right time. One is always plugged. The other burns, and what to do when both holes won't cooperate? It feels like you've got a permanent little snot drop at the tip of your nose, so you keep wiping at it, but come up with nothing.

I've noticed a problem eating starchy dry things--they seem to get gummed up at the back of my throat, up at the top. Don't know if that's already some perforation of the pallet, or maybe just numbed tissue. It does not seem like a good thing.

So it may seem like you'd do less by snorting, just because of the burn, but you'll get used to that, and when you can snort a whole bowl's worth in a second, that's kind of reinforcing. Really, if you have the time and ease to smoke, do that and save the snort for other, more covert times. Or when you want a "get shit done" buzz instead of a "wheee i'm dizzy" buzz.

And really, when your face can't take any more, you're left with one glorious option: rectal. It's a tiny bit messy, and your colon will disagree with it like a half hour later, but it's a serious way to deliver massive amounts of drug quickly.

Or better, limit your use as much as possible, and when the right time comes, you'll have an orifice ready to go.

The big drawback is this stuff is really hard to "chop'. Those little shards are still too big to get up your nose, and if you crush them, they can shoot bits all over. So you kind of have to torque them on a good surface. Which means carrying around your good surface, and a smashing tool, and like ten square feet of black butcher paper for all the flying bits.
----------------------
Since I like to collect rocks I just used one from my collection. I use a rock and the bottom of my steel water canteen bottle thing with a deconstructed pen.
The flying shard mess is a bit of a problem. Also that when its crushed there is a lot of left over residue that i can never fully collect.
Since ice is a mineral and sharp it cuts surfaces. So you need a tools harder than the shards (definately no plastic and no paper). You are already fucking up your nose you dont want to put more stuff in there. I did this on a glass surface once ans noticed that some how it looked like my bump was growing. So I looked at the glass and it was all scratched up. Which means there were shards of glass all up in it. I ended up having to toss it out.

Wait, your glass cuts glass . . . you been snorting diamonds, son!

I'm kidding, I don't know how that works. Yes, the best surface I've found so far is stainless steel (or some variation on that, I'm neither geologist, metallurgist, glass blower or structural engineer, just an alchemist of love), from a import cigarette tin. Problem is it's got a slight warp, so there's a little bounce. Although hard acrylic seems to work so far. Problem with plastic and powder is charge buildup, though. That will send it airborne better than anything.

For smusher, laminated paper backer off my rolling papers is handy, if only because I've got hundreds of them. Lamination helps with recovery . . . for a while. But then you just get a new one.

You're sure you don't have anything nasty in your collection, though? I guess natural asbestos or silicates or micas and schists(?) wouldn't work too well for smushing.

We should have a thread on snorting accessories.

Here's how you do it- take a dollar bill (or whatever- $5,$10, etc.)
Take a lighter. Lay out yer pile. Cover with bill. Rub bill with lighter- presto! Super fine powder!!

Sure, that would make decent containment--by leaving it all stuck to your bill and whatever surface you picked? What surface do you go for?

I like your low pressure, steam roller idea, that would probably help shard-launching more than anything. AND make any loose bits at least more unidirectional. I feel kind of stupid now.

I knew a lab once that made fine(r) powder out of some reagent, using a paint shaker. Load 50ml tubes halfway, and cover with steel BB's, the let the paint shaker have at it, the kind you see at the hardware store. For the one BL member who buys by the ounce and has a paint shaker just gathering dust in the garage.

Never use currency for drugs.
1. Its got countless peoples germs all over it and could cause a serrious infection.
2. Im pretty sure that at some point it goes back to the gov, and they look for drug residue. Or atm cards cause atms might scan for residue. Eventually they will start watching you. Idk if thats just my parranoia but I saw a doc where they track drugs by tracing currency.

Update. As for the crushing. Ive decided to just precrush it all in a good ziplock and dose it with less scatter.

Full of bacteria and viruses from many different people and animals, true. That could maybe lead to an infection, maybe even a serious one if you're immune compromised.

And that's just the drugs.

I'm going to bet my 38 cents here that no otherwise healthy person has ever gotten a serious infection from paper money. Every surface all around you is coated with bacteria and viruses and spores. That's why you don't pick your nose when driving on a bumpy road.

(if the tech existed that could scan your cards or money for drugs, wouldn't we all be in prison? Why do they make us pee in cups then?)

And ok, your dollar bill might be one in ten thousand that had, within the last three days, been touching the mucous membrane of a HepC or similar-infected individual, increasing your odds of infection to a part per hundred thousand over, say office paper. Don't jam it into your sinuses then. Stop and consider your choice of recreation. You could be out taking a nice drive on a scenic highway.

snortings all well and good till you destroy the inside of your nose. after 3 years of heavy coke use and a 2 yrs of ice its pretty hard to get high through the nose. cant smell anything either. so smoking was my choice. snorting lasted longer wasnt so jittery and the bag stretched a lil further. didnt have the urge to take a toke every 2 hours

So I don't do meth but I'm wondering why y'all don't just eat it if it fucks up your gums and throat and sinuses when you smoke/snort? It seems like a really caustic drug of choice. I mean I know coke can rot away the sturdiest of septums, but the pain that people describe damage from snorting meth causing is crazy to hear about. So I guess what I'm asking is what is the problem with oral dosing? Lasts too long? Hurts stomach? Less euphoric?

^ It's to do with what people enjoy. Oral meth is probably the safest way to take it in terms of the addictiveness of redosing (though that has little to do with oral hygiene, which is more to do with lack of saliva). But you rarely get the kind of rush you do from all other ROAs, and it has a much slower onset of action (and is considerably less bioavailable orally). Hence people insufflating, smoking and IVing.

Same reason people don't eat coke--where's the rush?

Technically people eat it all the time, but as amphetamine in pill form (and we all know the ADD kids would never crush and snort and always take their therapy seriously). If you're going to commit a felony just by buying this stuff, why take it like medicine?

Another reason is it's not kind to your stomach either, not like heartburn but cramps and nausea. Especially on an empty tweaker stomach (turns out your (ok my) bowels don't like it either when you squirt it up your butthole). Which leaves smoking and rotten teeth or IV and lethal abscess.

(I do eat it fairly often, small amounts spread out a bit more as a supplement to smoke or snort. It doesn't burn your gums, only your nostrils.)

I prefer smoking because it’s easier for me and more enjoyable

I prefer snorting because I like the effects more :)

To each ones own! Welcome to BL btw. Seems you’re in the right place :)

Something that I really really enjoy doing while blasted? Biking. My poor, poor heart.

Skiing is also fun in that state. It’s like a “feels no pain” realm. I hear it’s great for sex too, and masterbation, but that never interested me. I’m a weirdo who enjoyed making love on heroin 8)

Oh yeah, I also enjoy long rambling emotional phone calls I later regret. Those are fun ways to catch up with long lost friends, especially if one is shooting for fucking weirdo status.

Never use currency for drugs.

Im pretty sure that at some point it goes back to the gov, and they look for drug residue. Or atm cards cause atms might scan for residue. Eventually they will start watching you. Idk if thats just my parranoia but I saw a doc where they track drugs by tracing currency.

Buddy, you were definitely a victim of paranoia when you wrote this. First of all what benefit would the government enjoy by wasting time and money testing individual bank notes for drugs? And what would they do with that information? They cant trace it back to anyone and even if they knew who was the last person to posses the bill they cant prove that person used it to sniff some xtina or some columbian bam bam. As for atms scanning your cards for drugs, it's pretty much the same deal, plus a HUGE personal privacy issue for the banks whom cant afford to piss off their customers. I hope you've relaxed since you posted this my paranoid pal.

Last edited:
Smoking is a surefire way to find yourself in an ugly addiction extremely fast. Avoid if you can.
Snorting it, while obviously bad for your nose, provides a longer, much less "tweaked out" high. The comedown is also more tapered and gradual.
You can get just as high as smoking it, it just doesnt hit you as rapidly.

Last edited:
Best thing I've used for crushing on the go is a zippo lighter. I have yet to loose any shards when using one! :)

I'd say nasal gives a slight longer duration of effect, though the high is less intense (which is good IMO). I think ultimately this ROA is slightly less addicting and certainly less fiendish than smoking.

6and /QUOTE]