• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoking meth inside & how big of a bowl?

That documentary is the most unbiased thing i have ever seen about chrystal. Its not one of thos "meth will get you addicted on the first hoot, your ingesting draino if you do it" shit. I highly suggest anybody who is interested in meth watch it. They also have ones for Psycedellics, Ketamine and a few others i think. Really real

I've seen it, and all the other episodes too. I really enjoy them but some of the figures they use are BS. Really, I want you to try to find me a source/study that says only 6% of users ever get clean. I've been impressed otherwise with the accuracy of the National Geographic Drugs, Inc. show, however it's completely accurate, and they take somethings like statistics from studies out of context.

Meth definitely has a "smell", but in my experience only those who have smoked it themselves are able to recognize it for what it is. It should not be unpleasant or strong, if it is you need to find a new source.

I pack smaller bowls because I am usually not the only one smoking, and big bowls just end up getting burnt. If there's less in the pipe it's less frustrating when someone burns up all my dope.

The smoke sticks in the air for a while. Blow it either out the window or under the bed.

What is this show called?
I'm sure I can find it without a link if I know its name.

*edit* don't worry I found it.

Last edited:
Drugs inc. Methamphetamine. If you google it the first thing that pops up is a sit where you can watch it for free.

Drugs inc. Methamphetamine. If you google it the first thing that pops up is a sit where you can watch it for free.
Thanks
I want to start at the beginning though, like season 1 episode 1.
Sorry for being difficult, but I can't find it in english.
Maybe I'm just being lazy, but it is worth a shot.

Meth smoke STINKS, don't smoke inside w/o good ventilation, or it will smell like cat urine and dead fish. It will take a long time for the smell to clear. Just go outside.

This has never been my experience, ever. But I've only smoked very high quality crystal meth. Huge, uncut, uncrushed shards.
OP, what's the quality of your product? I would use that to determine whether you can smoke inside without detection.

Thanks for those links.
Will check them out.

Must I watch the cocaine one,twice? ;)

Can't find the Meth episode anywhere, maybe it is a sign.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that what was meant to be said was that 6% of ADDICTS eventually get sober. I have also heard from a few sources (One I currently remember is A BEAUTIFUL BOY, which in turn sourced more scientific data in it), that less than 10% of meth addicts are sober after a year.

Considering the statistics for addiction are comparable (usually around 1/10) its not that far fetched. Especially since meth addiction is supposed to be even worse than other drugs, in terms of how fundamentally it alters the brain, combined with the fact that there exists no maintenance or replacement therapies currently approved for it, although they are testing certain legal stimulants for maintenance, and in fact developing new ones as I type this.

The best success rates are using combinations of approaches: medication (ie methadone/suboxone for opi addicts) + 12 steps + therapy. More tools you use higher the chances are.

Although as we all are well aware addiction is illogical and spits in the face of numbers constantly so take all statistics regarding addiction with a whole tablespoon of salt. I've seen people I would've bet $ never would get clean, get clean. And i've seen people who were doing so well relapse. Shits crazy and defies logic constantly so don't read too deeply into the numbers.

The fact is meth is extraordinarily addictive and harmful even compared to heroin, and considering I wouldn't wish opiate addiction on my worst enemy I cannot even possibly conceive how it could be any harder or more difficult.

Sorry to derail, I just wanted to address this argument.

^I think that something like 90% of addict in general relapse, not just meth. Also disagree that meth addiction is worse then heroin. Meth only psychologically addicts the mind, heroin addicts the mind and body. You might feel depressed, but not like physically sick without meth.

AFAIK in general about 10% of users of whatever are addicts at any given moment. I think the UNODC said it's like 20% of meth users are addicts and 50% of heroin users are addicts. Do wonder if there's cultural/social influence, since I think only 10% of prescription opioid users(illicit) are addicts.

A lot of tweakers would say,"The fact is heroin is extraordinarily addictive and harmful even compared to meth, and considering I wouldn't wish meth addiction on my worst enemy I cannot even possibly conceive how it could be any harder or more difficult." I've heard a lot say meth ain't too bad, but heroin is beyond the pale.

And I think though Drugs Inc. is better than most shows about drugs, it still has inaccurate info.

^ my dad was physically ill when he kicked meth yeah the psychological wd was the more prominent but he was visibly ill even at 4 years old i could see that but he did about half a gram a day for about 4 years straight

It's not pleasant quitting meth, I don't dispute that. But I find it's more psychological, like a psychosomatic response. Opiates it's both physical and psychological.

Noone will recognize the slight smell unless you are smoking that shake and bake homecook bullshit then meth hardly smells at all.

Yeah from what ive learned if you smoke high quality meth and you smoke it correctly WITHOUT BURNING IT then it wont smell. But if its some shake and bake bullshit and your lighting it so long that the puddle turns brown and bubbles then it smells disgusting.

^I think that something like 90% of addict in general relapse, not just meth. Also disagree that meth addiction is worse then heroin. Meth only psychologically addicts the mind, heroin addicts the mind and body. You might feel depressed, but not like physically sick without meth.

Thats exactly what I said.....1/10 drug addicts stay clean, meaning 9/10 (90%) relapse.

I'm just stating my opinion based off of reading and research i've seen. to each their own. Considering I AM an opiate addict, so I kinda you know, can speak from experience on that one....

For me, an opiate addict, to say that meth might possibly be worse should hold some weight, should it not?

And there definitely is a physical addiction to meth too considering it fundamentally alters your brain in such a way. Heroin does not do the same, although it does fuck with your brain quite a bit. But meth....go look at some MRI/CAT scans of heroin/meth addicts and tell me how much worse meth seems on you.

Go tell a tweaker who smokes meth every day that they "dont feel sick when they quit" they'll laugh at you.

^If you're really from New York/Boston I think I might have more experience with meth other than seeing faces of meth.

I "don't" know a bunch of tweakers and junkies and used both meth and heroin, so I might know more about it(or not). Some used both. They themselves have told me the don't get physically sick without meth. It more like being really fucking depressed and tired with strong cravings than physically sick.

I don't care what some rat studies or MRIs say, once you quit the damage will mostly heal. Well, they might get Parkinson's 20 years from now, but no real noticeable after effects IME.

And Sekio, find a new dealer or work on your culinary skills. Meth should not smell, unless it's garbage or you're burn it.

Won't you smell worse than your meth smoke b/c from what I know doesn't meth make you sweat a lot? Could this cat urine smell be BO? lol

I've never gotten that smell everyone talks about. I bath daily and use deodorant. If they're bathing daily yet still get a weird smell, I think it might be some weird impurity. But yeah, it makes you sweat a lot and if you're smelly when you sweat then yeah. And BO smells way worse than even burned meth.

Alls I'm going to say now is that meth is neurotoxic and impacts the brain in a very very fundamental way, much differently than heroin (which is not known to be neurotoxic). And that relapse rates for heroin addicts utilizing ALL treatment methods are better than meth, primarily because we have no drug to assist in treatment of meth addiction. As for the logic of me being from NY/boston and therefore knowing no tweakers, that is crazy and silly.

Showing heroin treatment has better odds than meth as well as showing that meth is comparable to other addictions, however when one utilizes drug therapies in addition to CBT and 12 steps, the rates are much lower. Because meth has no such option, it is logically, therefore, much more difficult to treat.

1 site of many stating meth addicts are the hardest addictions to treat and beat.

As for the SMELL of meth: last time I was around a buddy smoking crank, it did have a VERY unique smell to say the least. But I could see how you could get away with it; its not like pot where people will usually recognize it. If you've never smelled meth being smoked, you honestly would have no idea. Smells more like plastic-y than any real, recognizable smoke. Like no one would think you were smoking a cigarette or some pot inside or anything like that, they'd probably be more likely to ask if something was burning inside.

Last edited:
Just light a smoke or set fire to a towel to hide the smell. I tried smoking once, with foil and no guidance, while it seemed i was enhaling smoke, nothing happened. Then when i saw that i erased a good sessions worth of product i stopped trying. Prob lucky im a co-ord. Never bothered again, doesnt seem to be any point... Also regarding the addiction, i dont think its how enjoyable it is,its prob more what you use it form. I never found it useful for life or work besides passing time, lucky.