• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smoking: How did you finally quit?

i think after 2 weeks of starting again i started waking up wanting one first thing, that was after smoking everyday. a recent study has found that even casual puffing can get girls addicted in about 2 weeks and guys in 3 weeks.

on about 48hrs without atm - no real urge to have one.
I know I'll cave in at work when I get offered them by workmates =[

I got cancer. My nose fell off and subsequently I dont go out in public anymore due to the public humility of having no nose.

So, since I cant go out to get my smokes, I just quit them cold turkey.

The chemotherapy sickness helped me beat the cravings.

^ Sorry if i seem heartless for even questioning you ... but are you serious?

Macksta: I dont remember the exact time i became addicted .. but i do remember the realisation that i was no longer a social smoker .. which also coincided with the realisation of how hard it would be to give it up.

Some people feel they have a need to smoke (stress .. to much happening etc) untill they can get rid of that mind frame i think its pointless even trying.

once i started injecting heroin, the nicotine cravings just stopped...

its just like the story of the old lady who swallowed a fly... just keep taking in something bigger to kill it off...

but seriously, well done gilly... for others looking how to quit, just take up something different to occupy your hands, time and body...

Macksta said:
One question I have is can the smokers here remember kinda when they actually became addicted? Pretty much the time when their smoking progressed from a casual social thing to something they HAD to have.

I'm curious as I've had plenty of cigarettes in my day (mostly when out partying etc) but I've never had the urge to come back the next day and have another smoke. At what point did people find that started to happen for them?

I believe I became a smoker when i bought my first pack of cigarettes... i had been scabbing so long and enjoyed smoking so much so I continued, pretty much linking everything with smoking... it was morning and i hadnt smoked, I had food and i wanted to smoke... I dunno smoking was always around and all my mates smoked, and hell i loved it.

... I stil do.. hehehe today is my first day in maybe 5 months where i havent smoked lol go me!~