• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking heroin #3 through an opium pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter S Mushroom

Greenlighter
I am strictly an IV user but I'm interested in using an old school brass opium pipe to smoke some heroin #3. I'd like to convert it to a BTH type substance ideally. Is this even possible? Any advice/ideas would be greatly welcomed. Thanks.

So, you want to take the #3 you have and turn it into tar... Why? Can't you add citric acid (?), and it be a smokeable product? Honestly, I've no idea if it is possible to turn it into tar. I'm guessing you have/saw a brass pipe, and things snowballed?

You take your presumably injectable heroin and "freebase" it into a smokable form? Isn't this the thing where they add caffeine or something to make it vaporize at a lower temperature?

But then I though #3 was the smokable base already. But then you can smoke the acid too when you add shit to it, or something.

Can a mod please help us out here?

I've honestly never been entirely clear on #3 and what it's actually like, what needs or doesn't need doing...

Where I live in the southeastern US it's mostly ECP, but I do see tar now and again. Although I've had some tar that was worthwhile, I wouldn't pick it over ECP ever. Perhaps I would prefer tar to #3? It's a mystery.

The number system is antiquated it doesn't really apply anymore. But what he says is number 3 should be smokeable already. I presume he wants to make it into BTH type consistency so it is more like opium.

Just smoke it on the foil. I know a guy who uses a meth pipe but foil is your best friend unless u actually have opium.

I've read that the numbering system is outdated, but then still see people use it here and elsewhere frequently, so I suppose the key part I don't understand is how it's outdated. Probably off topic though, will do some independent research.

You take your presumably injectable heroin and "freebase" it into a smokable form? Isn't this the thing where they add caffeine or something to make it vaporize at a lower temperature?

But then I though #3 was the smokable base already. But then you can smoke the acid too when you add shit to it, or something.

Can a mod please help us out here?

I wrote a long post about this the other day...

What people call #3 is just diamorphine base with added caffeine to make it vaporize at a low enough temperature and run properly on foil. Acid and heat converts it into a diamorphine salt (citrate etc.) to make it water soluble and thus injectable..

OP is for some reason, wanting to take his heroin that has already been manufactured to be smoked from foil and turn it into something that can be smoked from a brass pipe instead (absolutely no clue why....especially since he states that he is an IV user).

Pretty much all the heroin on the streets of the UK and Europe at large is in this form as smoking heroin and needle exchanges in the UK give out sachets of citric and ascorbic acid as these are necessary to make the heroin water soluble. Aside from very, very small amounts of #4 that people have obtained from the DNM all UK heroin is of this form and (according to the last source I checked) 97%+ comes from Afghansistan.

I am currently purchasing 2 authentic old school opium pipes. It's just for the novelty if anything. In these particular pipes smoking a tar like substance is best, thus I'd like to convert a gram or so of my #3 into a tar/opium like substance. Just interested in how I would go about this. It's not a regular thing I'm just interested in trying heroin in the pipe as well as opium.

You might as well go all out and go buy opium off the dark net then or grow it yourself....

How exactly do these opium pipes work? Never used or seen one myself. Does it require open flame to touch the substance (combustion)? Or is heat applied to the substance more indirectly?

I heard more than a few stories from my Viet Nam vet dad of opium dens, and what he described was a process. Something like a dose heated in a cauldron and worked into a molten ball, then painstakingly manipulated in the air, with chopsticks by a 150yo Chinese sorcerer and his dragon while round-eyed girls stole your money and penicillin--dropped into your pipe that then exploded into swirling clouds.

Is that right, Dad? Neither he at the time, nor me as an eight year-old, are the most reliable narrators, but that was the impression. These were heavy, pre-heated pipes kept hot on some brazier-type deal, I think. And it took an ancient Asian man to work the whole thing, but then, maybe only for pre-baked American GIs.

The only stuff I've witnessed was a traditional (Iranian) hookah, in a suburban living room, so I'm pretty sure smoldering ruminant shit is not a requirement for that form of paraphernalia.

Point is, I bet a whole lot depends on the type of pipe. If yours, OP, is collectible, I wouldn't risk sending soot and burning tar up the stem.

So then opium pipes work on the basis of vaporizing the opium with application of heat indirect from a direct flame? Meaning you don't actually apply an open flame to the opium and combust it but instead vaporize it, correct?

If so, it would be possible to smoke the heroin #3 with it but I still don't know how practical this would be. Really though, it's almost as if God himself adjusted the cosmilogical constant of the universe just so, so that heroin runs and vaporizes on foil perfectly. Why reinvent the wheel?

Last edited:
It appears that they work through a similar vaporisation method to a glass bulb pipe. You heat up a brass compartment containing the opium.

So then opium pipes work on the basis of vaporizing the opium with application of heat indirect from a direct flame? Meaning you don't actually apply an open flame to the opium and combust it but instead vaporize it, correct?

If so, it would be possible to smoke the heroin #3 with it but I still don't know how practical this would be. Really though, it's almost as if God himself adjusted the cosmilogical constant of the universe just so, so that heroin runs and vaporizes on foil perfectly. Why reinvent the wheel?

This god lady saw fit to let at least 65,000,000 years pass between inventing the poppy genus and the aluminum foil-mastery of the Homo genus.

Brass is a couple millennia older than aluminum foil, then again, I bet gold foil is older than brass.

Did ancient Egyptians smoke opium off gold leaf?

Since all opiates/ opioids come from opium, how come you never hear of people just doing opium? Always wondered that.
Sorry if off topic;)

You might as well go all out and go buy opium off the dark net then or grow it yourself....

this is essentially what I was going to say.

Since all opiates/ opioids come from opium, how come you never hear of people just doing opium? Always wondered that.
Sorry if off topic;)

Because its more efficient to ship heroin, which has a higher effect:weight ratio. Its a shame really, opium has more of an all - encompassing high than heroin. I used to prefer it, until my tolerance was too high and I'd have to use an entire gram to feel anything. And that gram cost about the same as a gram of heroin.

Again, I have access to both opium and heroin. This is just something I'm interested in trying and I was simply wondering if it would be possible to convert h #3 to a tar like substance and if so how.

Again, I have access to both opium and heroin. This is just something I'm interested in trying and I was simply wondering if it would be possible to convert h #3 to a tar like substance and if so how.

I really don't know man, sorry. I can't imagine many people are interested in reducing the quality of their heroin. Mix it with shoe polish?? [ Kidding - don't do this ]

It sounds like they ghetto dabbing.... Makes sense. I'd love to dab opium

Status
Not open for further replies.