• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin smoking H seems to inflate my throat and cause my voice to be high pitch

RainDogtheCat

Bluelighter
So been smoking H recently (black tar) and it just recently started to effect my throat in a way that it makes my voice sort of higher pitch and I have no ability to lower my pitch at all. It's really annoying and actually kinda freaking me out. It only lasts a few hours and like the next day my voice is back to normal but seriously this shit is creepy. I like smoking but I don't wanna deal with this. Has anyone else experienced this? Know what causes it? Can it be helped? Thanks!

Heroin is a dirty drug and I would not at all suggest that you keep using it, BUT… if you must, there's a few things you could do...
This is probably caused by tar becoming built up in your throat/lungs.

-There are antitussive herbs that can reduce respiratory spasms (examples: Angelica root, Thyme, Wild cherry bark, etc.)

-There are expectorant herbs that can help loosen up mucus (examples: Eucalyptus, Juniper, Thyme, etc.)

-Cut back on the cigs if you smoke them

-Pineapples also help to clear out the lungs

-you can try an anti-inflammatory if you think it is irritating your throat

-Physical activity can definetely force up tar in the lungs and throat, as well as clean out your system and make you feel better overall… (worked for me personally)

Or this could just be one of the many unavoidable consequences that comes with drug use. Give some of those things a try first^^^

Last edited: