• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smoking Codeine phosphate/freebase

Ahhh so good old SteveElektro was right about the histamine release. What about taking an antihistamine in combination with Codeine then?

This, I believe, has been thoroughly tested (by Harry and his merry men - he's the author of http://www.coldwaterworld.com/potentiators.html which has a cornucopia of drugs you can combine with opiates to give a bigger kick to the high).

There is the bonus of reduced itching and supposedly enhanced euphoria, though I can't stand antihistamines myself (not after my shitty Dramamine "trip") and a standard dose of Chlorpheniramine Maleate one time did nothing for my Codeine high except give me a sickly taste in the mouth.

I wonder if taking an antihistamine would negate the side effects of IV injection (or smoking) at all, though I'm not going to try it just to see. I DO think smoking seems dodgy but the very fact that ppl were discussing it, and saying that it works, is what led me to start this discussion.

And what about Codeine FREEBASE people? What about the FREEBASE???? No-one has said anything about that one yet.

If you're referring to my saying that you may as well try morphine, please note that this is due to the fact that codeine is metabolised into morphine by your body, by taking codeine, you are in effect getting a morphine high anyway.
This has nothing to do with dick sizing.
BTW your avatar rocks! =D

I was not referring to your post and most certainly not trying to be inflammatory, but rather to a general attitude that I believe sometimes pervades discussions such as this - perhaps I have misunderstood completely. Please do not take this as an ad hominem attack. I shall delete my former post. No hard feelings buddy. :D

i'm sure you can only take codeine oraly. must be converted to morphine through the GI tract

pete_gasparino said:
Why then do people call codeine a 'shitty drug' - really its just a moderate dose of morphine, although that depends on how much you take, right? Or have I got something mixed up here. Always wondered about that.....
Because of the shitty histamine reaction, and the fact you get it so damn slow, no 'opiate rush' whatsoever.

"Codeine is converted into morphine during it's first pass through the liver, avoiding the severe histamine response, which is why you should only take codeine orally"

Thats right Steve.

C'mon you guys, I got scared at the beginning of this post. Have you ever thought about getting off the shit and clearing your mind for a little while? Might do you the world of good.. then maybe a couple of cones would do the trick instead of looking for new ways to poison yourself..

Nothing personal.. I'm just concerned..

Xherrus goes rectal

Urbanhog << SteveElektro already set me off ranting about "dick sizing," i.e. thinking you're more hardcore, the harder the drugs you take (though I realised Steve wasn't actually doing so and deleted my post). It's really not appropriate here. If you want to say variants of "my penis is bigger than yours," leave my discussion now and go somewhere where trolling is more relevant, like IRC chat.

Proselytising isn't appropriate either - in my experience people don't tend to like being told what they "should" do. If you have to be a do-gooder, I suggest starting with all the skag addicts whose lives are really fucked up and then moving on to us softcore types when you're done. I appreciate your concern but there's no need for it.

Back to the discussion. I was wondering the same as Pete_gasparino about rectal administration... so I decided to give it a try! I made a solution from 17 N+ tablets and shot it right up my lubed asshole with a syringe (without a needle of course). Effects set in at about the 45-minute mark. So does it work any better than oral administration? You bet your ass it does! I think the 125% figure is probably a reasonable estimate, though I can't gauge the effects to that accuracy. This means a 48-pack of Nurofen+ can make 2 good hits instead of a big one and a small one. I guess if my anal-retentive friends hear about this I may become the butt of some jokes... not that I give a rat's.

As for freebase Codeine, I found some suggested revisions to the conversion method - ditching the phosphoric acid solution (it's not necessary) and using toluene instead of chloroform. I may integrate these revisions into the method and then try it out. If it works I think a replacement for Grotto's method is in order.