• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Small dose and "main dose" in reverse order in terms of HR/effectiveness

richardj

Bluelighter
As a bit of background, I started using amphetamine (street amphetamine which I understand is likely to contain some ratio of methamphetamine) a while ago after a good year of soul- and internet-searching.

I take it about 3 times a month, starting with an oral dose of 30mg potentiated by a preload regime, then I insufflate an additional pre-measured and pre-crushed 5mg after about 6 hours, and another 5mg about 10 hours in. Then I stay up for quite a long time dancing and doing housework and other things I never had it in me to before.

After this "recreational" enjoyment, I find I experience several days of "afterglow" which has really changed my life. I'm motivated, I can't choke down anything but fruit juice which is getting me in shape, there's a spring in my step and I just feel normal, like what I imagine most people feel like, for a few days. More than the high, I'm chasing and want to maintain this therapeutic effect as long as possible rather than see it turn into harsh comedowns, not to mention I don't want to become an addict or severely damage my dopamine system, so I've been extra vigilant never to take my use any farther than this.

Now as for my question, in a few days I'm signed up to be a vendor at an underground concert thing, which I'm basically doing to force myself into a social situation because I have no friends. I was wavering between doing amphetamine or acid that day, and then I caught I cold. Knowing the effect that the amphetamine will have on my sinuses and overall sense of well-being, I'm thinking I should take some, however my gurning is legendary even with chelated magnesium and if I take my usual 30mg I'll be chewing my face off even with a giant ball of gum in my mouth, not to mention other signs of tweaking which I may not even be aware of, which could put people off at best and get me imprisoned at worst (I live in a fucked up non-Western country where even being high in public can end you).

I was considering taking a threshold dose of 10 or 15mg instead just for my cold and to make me more sociable. But I have a feeling when I get home 12 hours later I'll be thinking "if you don't do a proper dose now, you're gonna waste your one chance for this week" and be tempted to take more. Although it's counter-intuitive to me as a longer-term MDMA user, I know that people go on days-long binges of amphetamine and meth and I don't actually know if doing this is a bad thing either in terms of harm reduction or effectiveness in terms of tolerance.

And if it's not a bad thing, it's leading right into NYE and I ain't got shit to do, so I'd say it actually sounds like a good plan.

So TL;DR: I thought I'd ask here if there's anything I should know or think about before doing 15mg followed by 30mg 10-12 hours later.
Thanks

Well, sorry to hear about your draconian homeland. I think it's a little weird that you'd worry about looking tweaked, but not goggle-eyed on LSD.

I agree about the long-haul feelings of amphetamines--I prefer the energy and motivation to the brief dizziness that comes with a large fast hit.

But I'm still not sure what you're getting at. Those doses are pretty low, you know better than the rest of us what your thresholds and tolerance are. I don't see any issue with your proposed dosing schedule, unless you wanted to sleep in between.

Really, you're talking about taking a maintenance-plus dose, once the first wears off. The obvious problem with that is risk for dependence, and increased tolerance. But as long as you know those risks . . . .

Meanwhile, if you're worried about your sinuses, you can always dose orally, or sublingually. Large oral doses can cause nausea, and are slower to hit, but you sound like rushing isn't a big priority.

So, go for it, enjoy your evening.

I'm not casting a vote for what, if anything, you should take at the concert, but I do echo Scrofula's sentiment, regarding the worry about tweaking, but no mention of how you may come across on acid. If you truly want to be engaging, meet new people, and possibly new friends, I'm not sure tripping is the way to go. Will you know anyone there? Since you're a vendor, will you have any help/take breaks to be able to get away from your booth or whatever to mingle and let loose? Assuming there are multiple artists playing and time between them, or set breaks for the one band, I imagine that would be prime time to try and approach some folks.

Anyways, if I were wanting to take speed with any amount of redosing, I'd take the largest amount first, personally. Have some fun, and try not to worry about what total strangers might think about you, and work on getting to know some cool people! :)

I guess the pupils are a giveaway on acid, but I'm a pro and have always been able to control myself even at high doses. I'm a beginner to stims though and absolutely can't stop myself from biting my lips, or talking really, really fast for that matter.

I guess the point of my question was, you pretty much can't redose on acid or mdma after a couple of hours, being wasteful and wastefully harmful respectively, and I didn't know if this was the case with amphetamine as well.
Maybe I'll compromise and just prepare a second 15mg pill to take halfway through the night...

I "know" people, but it's a pretty racist society and I'm a racial minority, and I've never been able to move beyond "acquaintance" to "friend" in my whole life. Another reason I constantly get hassled by the pigs and am extra wary btw.
I'll probably go to the stage a few minutes per act out of curiosity but I think I've got a better chance of meeting people who are actually buying my food (tacos fwiw, a rarity here heh).

To me, if you're a vendor, that means money is changing hands, right? I'd feel a lot more comfortable handling money on stims than on acid. I feel like even on a low dose of LSD I'd risk zoning out on the intricate paper money borders or something.

But anyway, I think you're saying you'd take a lower dose of stims during your business phase, and then a larger dose for a party phase?

If so, yes, that'll work just fine. The party dose won't feel as good as it would if you hadn't pre-dosed, but after just twelve hours, it's not like your trying to haul a load of fritos across the country non-stop (US trucker style). I really don't see a problem with your plan.

If you feel tweaked, there's always gum in your country, right?

Hopefully being impaired doesn't put you at increased risk of violating some Jim Crow standard.

Yeah the other day I had this massive ball of like 10 pieces gum in my mouth for 10 hours straight. It helps, but I still end up biting the OUTSIDE of my lips a lot. When I roll I get a ring-shaped scab on my bottom lip for example. Of course I was chewing the (by then flavorless) gum while drinking a beer and I have a feeling people were looking at me like I was crazy lol. Only my 2nd time to do speed in public as I seem to prefer the seclusion (even on speed I'm too shy to dance, for example, but I can do it alone at home).

But thanks for confirming so I'll feel comfortable with my plan. I'll save the acid for a time when I can really go all out as I prefer high doses which as you say could cause some confusion in dealing with customers.

Y'know, in the US, vendors at things like baseball games usually all look a bit tweaked. Yelling gibberish and flailing around to get people's attention. But I have no idea the sort of venue you're working.

The stuff can make you a bit paranoid and self-conscious, keep in mind. Usually no one is paying any attention, unless you look shifty-eyed nervous. Can't help you on biting your lip, since you probably don't want to use something like a pacifier if you want to look sober. Try blowing gum bubbles instead. Personally, I don't have much lip or gum tissue left, it's just been gnawed into scar tissue.

Best to start small, do your shift, enjoy yourself, then step up a dose if you're ready.

Well I was just gonna be chilling at behind a table waiting for customers. As it turned out, after spending days preparing my wares and carrying the heavy equipment three long train rides, when I got there I freaked out and my anxiety got the best of me and I couldn't do it, instead making up an excuse and just hanging out as a customer.

And after my tiny dose of amp kicked in I felt able to do it but it was too late. The moral being I should have dosed so that I'd be feeling it when I got there.

God damn my broken brain.

kind of weird. Smoking the stuff definitely seems relaxing to me, but not a lot of people would call meth or amphs "anti-anxiety", especially as they wear off.

I'll suggest, even though you already know, there are "better" pharmaceuticals out there for handling that kind of social anxiety. Legal ones, even.

Sorry it didn't work out as intended.

Maybe because I'm still in a honeymoon phase maintained by doing it so sparingly, but like I stated in the op it makes me talkative and more sociable and happier and motivated for like 3 days at a time. Once I felt it, I was totally willing to do my vending.

Maybe I should have gone on phenibut, if that's what you're referring to. But I've had mixed results.

Now if I could find some m, I'd be able to do anything. But local sourcing is tough and I'm not brave/dumb enough to use the darknet internationally.

On the contrary, thanks for the feedback, it was helpful!

Last edited: