• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Business Small Business Startups/Prospecti/Business Plans

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Okay, I think I got a pretty schweeeet new "gig" online, and am trying to put it all together right now.

I'd die for copies of my old college text's for a quick overview on how to do this - could anybody hook anything reputable up? I'm thinking summaries or links from small business administration classes?

I can remember SWOT analyses, mission statement etc, but would like to make sure i'm not missing anything b4 i start.

Thnx in advance :]

[Edit: I'm looking for stuff on general small business startup, not online-specific, although that is what I'm starting up. Online-specific is fine but not necessary I just want to develop a proper business plan b4 actually starting anything, and I'm unsure my current one has all the items it should]

Last edited by a moderator:
need a bit more detail on where you are at with things, what your looking to achieve and what exactly your doing.

speak to a good accountant, they will normally giv you a free first appointment to win your business and can tell you what you need to do.

I'm just looking for the generic templates LOL, I'm quite confident in much of what I'll be doing and am kind of just doing this stuff as an afterthought- hoping i haven't missed anything :]

If there's any development "needs" besides SWOT analyses (see chpt1 and 2 in your books ;) ) for proper inception, would love to just have someone post the keywords!

i'd focus on the fundamentals before getting too caught up in strategic planning

google search for "small business planning" returns 683 million results. not a single one of those is relevant?

how about this (it's the very first result!): How to Write a Business Plan
A business plan is an essential roadmap for business success. This living document generally projects 3-5 years ahead and outlines the route a company intends to take to grow revenues.

:\

good luck with your business.

alasdair

which trip?

you shouldn't ask for opinions if you're going to get butthurt when you get one...

:)

alasdair

your cross-country, leaving bluelight thing (lol am i going crazy? that was you no?)

/never asked for anyone's opinion btw, was just looking for a couple of the "startup considerations" that're standard to pretty much any sba textbook ;)

i think you're confusing me with somebody else.

when you create a post on a public discussion forum you are implicitly, if not explicitly, asking for an opinion from anybody.

alasdair

no, you're not.
/although you are *allowing* it
//it was you i was thinking of, you said you were stepping down as admin and had a link to a blog with your travels. i may've misconstrued whether you were currently travelling or not ;PP

First of all how did this thread appear here? I know the archive like the back of my hand and it wasn't there, maybe I don't remember, doesn't matter, it was a question addressed to me loudly. Sadly since the member it's no longer here with us although he had good ideas and we can leave this thread here, I will not close it nor move in any MEGA thread. Why and what perspectives do you have over your entries? Do you have partners in your back? Can you sustain it for a while before you grew it?..

Before going on this valley ask yourself few questions

one would be > Do I still live in my parents house? It's good for saving some shits here and there but at a point it's becomes a trap over your ideas & a potentinal threat which again depends on your view over your business

What level & till where do I wanna take this? What are the advantages and disadvantages?

So on..

These business requires a lot of effort, pacience, love to keep it stable and if you wanna have one you have to take it offline too, not only online as the OP said for e.g

I think I will say more but let's see if the thread gets any kind of attention, so we are not wasting time around here.

regards,

Winter

Someone was browsing old threads or maybe an old thread popped up in a Google search and they replied to it, not realizing it was from 2012.

SWOT analyses? Mission statements?

Corporate fuckin bollocks... ;)

Bullshit perpetuated by overpaid pricks in an effort to justify their positions.