Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Smackie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

footscrazy

Bluelight Crew
So we have a methamphetamine thread, how about one for heroin. I'm sure I'm not the only one around here who likes a smacked bum ;)

What does everyone think of heroin? It definitely seems to have more stigma than any other drug, amongst most circles. And so much mystique! Mostly undeserved, imo. Heroin is a lovely drug but it's a subtle high that someone used to their party drugs often does not appreciate. It is completely unlike having 10,000 orgasms at once, or any of that other bullshit drug propoganda - in my experience, at least.

I also think the addictive properties are way overstated. All this 'try it once and you'll think about it every day for the next 20 years' gives heroin a power it just doesn't deserve, I don't think. It's addictive, but depending on your personal preference, probably no more than many other drugs.

When I first tried heroin I built it up to be this huge thing, as it is so often presented even by other drug users, - that this is the drug of all drugs! I'll have reached the pinnacle! Once I try this, I'll never be the same! What a let down. Heroin's just another opie, just another drug.

Your thoughts?

Personally I like me some heroin, but that said I agree with a lot of what you have said. I think that one real barrier to our enjoyment of heroin though is that we are not IV users, as you know I am much like you in that I have always said if I have low enough tolerance to nod off codeine then it is honestly my favourite opiate to hit nods on, sadly tolerance is a pretty limiting thing when it comes to that drug for most people.

If you look at both diamorphines solubility in water as well as how quickly it crosses the blood brain barrier then it starts to become obvious where this drug is really designed to shine. Not only does heroin cause a more pronounced rush than most commonly available opioids when injected but it is also much easier to prepare for injection, both because most other opioid preparations are in the form of pills that have anti abuse mechanisms to be defeated as well as a necessity to filter the shit out of it (and if your not a fool micron filter!!!!!!) and also because an adequate dose for even a tolerant individual can fit into an insulin. When you consider that only 60mg of morphine sulphlate is soluble in 1mL of water it really illustrates the level of experience in injecting that is neccessary for an opiate tolerant person to shoot morphine compared to dope, you need to be much more experienced with a syringe to push off several mLs than tens of units of water.

I do believe theres other powerful opioids that just as easily could of reached mainstream popularity in illicit injectable form as heroin, but the powers that be decided heroin was the best choice which I imagine was a decision largely based on cost effectiveness, personally I am not complaining as I certainly enjoy the feeling of heroin more than any opiate/opioid aside from codeine when it does the job.

I don't mind h. I reckon it's a good drug to do at the end of a sesh on a sunday when you're just about done with the uppers.. but since I've already gotten myself sorta hooked on to oxy, I won't allow myself to have access to it so have only tried it a handfull of times.

Also doesn't help that I've most recently found out that smoking oxy give's you a much more of a subtle, sedating, 'heroin like' high.
Then blasted through 3 strips in the last few days :( yeah I need to stop lol

Last edited:
^ I too love smoking oxys and smack, though I know it's so wasteful.

I have a love/hate relationship with all opiates, especially oxy and heroin. If I could I'd use every day for the rest of my life, tolerance and availability/income prevents that from happening.

I'm trying to get off today with a bupe taper, I've had 16mg bupe, 2mg xanax and 25mg of valium and it's only barely helping. I had a pretty high tolerance, near daily use either morphine or heroin for just over 6 months. I'm not having a fun day at all, with hot and cold flashes resulting in a body covered in stinky sweat, restless legs, no appetite, no energy, yawns, nose is a faucet etc. Should be worse tomorrow, yay. All I can think of is scoring.

I can't really add anything to the thread except don't get hooked on this shit.

.....resulting in some WD's to my relief they were minor a few nights with bugger all sleep and some mega crazy itchy legs n a few missed meals.....
'
sounds like some WD from goin hard on the gear for a good few days :p (minus the itchy legs, I guess...)

my opinion on opiates; they're not my thing... stimulants FTW ;) :D

You're forgetting the messed up nightmare's that come with opiate WD's too. Or is that just me?

Yeah I prefer stims as well.. I don't know why I got myself on to opies lol.

I tried china white in melbourne (smoked) and it was lackluster. I tried china white in Cambodia on 3 occasions and it was strong as but I got a headache and spewed ...

Earlier this year I smoked brown sugar in Mumbai ... HOLY FUCK was it good. all my thoughts dissolved and I was put In a dreamlike trance just lying on my bed and so at peace with everything.

China white makes me spew and feel sick ... Good brown sugar is powedred bliss and after that one time I crave that feeling quite often.

I was excited about trying heroin around about 4 years ago - what a bloody let down that was :p of course, I'd done my research, and already full well knew that stims were about as far up my alley as anything in this life, could be.

the nausea & the fact that my instant reaction (to not being able to get up, off the couch) was not to care, bothered me. It caused me to freak out more, if you will. lol. I've long come to the realisation that my use of drugs has been one great paradox (the search to let one's mind go - only ever resulting in an exacerbated sense of hyper-awareness, where I'm not physically overcome - and trust me it takes a shitload of anything to get there), so I realise I'm probably a unique case. I think that's why I don't mind meth - it speeds my thoughts up & lets me take leave of reality & simply dither in thought, for however long...the trouble is some of these thoughts can be so completely mundane, that there is no point getting lost in them, without some sense of special occasion. :p

but yes, tried heroin 3 times, the first time injected, the second time smoked. definitely hated the smoking. if I had to go back there, I'd be booting it, I've shot morphine a few times and found that to be pleasant enough. although the intial prickly hotness tended to get me on edge, but once that wore off, we were smooth sailing (minus, of course, the nausea the first few times...)

You're forgetting the messed up nightmare's that come with opiate WD's too. Or is that just me?

Oh shit yea i forgot to mention that......My wisdom teeth are comming though too i had this bloody awful dream that i was crushing down my teeth by grinding them was the worst feeling eva!!

heroin is a beautiful drug and nothing compares to pushing the plunger and feeling everything getting warmer and nicer causing you to take a breath and exhale slowly as you are wrapped in cotton wool almost before you finish pushing down, closest drug to an orgasm.
Having said that I would say to anyone who wants to try to be careful as addiction creeps on you, others will notice your addiction before you. Not to say it cant be tried safely, just be very aware.........I wasnt and spent 2-3 years caught in a loop of getting up having a shot, and thinking about the next shot and so on and so on......

clean now and have been for 10 or so years

Heroin is beautiful and seductive. I am on sub now a days, but for the life of me I can't understand why junkies are regarded in Aus as degenerate scum- or is my impression incorrect, and tweakers are almost thought to be fashionable. MDMA is ok but crystal meth is more dangerous from a health standpoint especially when you are talking smoking heroin as opposed to smoking crystal meth- heroin is even healthier than alcohol from a health standpoint, but it sure is seductive. Is harm reduction connected to smack in decline- there are safe injection rooms, correct?

Its much easier to be a functional junkie than tweaker, or alcoholic- once you have a habit.

I think the pereception of junkies being worse than iceheads is probably due to the huge influx of heroin into Australia in the 90s and early 2000s. Meth on the other hand, has only really taken off in a big way in the past 5-6 years, when smokable forms became the most widely available. So I'd say more people, especially people in their 20s, have seen the results of heroin addiction, whilst the results of ice addiction are really only now starting to show.

That's my hypothesis anyway, because when I was growing up, even when I was using drugs, I knew/saw plenty of junkies, and it was a constantly talked about problem, especially in Melb (our newspaper even had a heroin toll listed next to the road toll up until 2004) but I didn't really know or see any of the results of ice addiction, because when I start smoking ice in 2003, hardly anyone I knew was smoking it. Now it seems everyone is.

I also think that ice is more a 'party' drug, so it is a more natural extension of taking drugs such as MDMA (and a lot of people make their drug taking debut in the party scene). Also, it's much more effective in ROAs that aren't injecting than heroin is, which maybe also adds to its 'softer' image.

Last edited:
^True. I think its because meth is more of a 'party or social' drug is why it is more accepted and widespread within Australia. Heroin being almost the complete opposite, hence the misunderstanding.

heroin is a beautiful drug and nothing compares to pushing the plunger and feeling everything getting warmer and nicer causing you to take a breath and exhale slowly as you are wrapped in cotton wool almost before you finish pushing down, closest drug to an orgasm.

Just had to quote this. Nice post, very insightful :)

I've never done Heroin but i've had large amounts of Endone at once which can't be too far off? Or am i wrong?? The Endone is nice but doesn't come close to Meth in my opinion. In a way I'll be addicted to Meth for life, i know that, but not necessarily be taking all the time it if that makes sense. I once took a heap of Endone and a heap of coke at once and that was fucking incredible. I think the 'try it once and be instantly addicted' is drug propoganda - although the first time i had meth i said to myself, 'i'm going to do this every weekend' and i did, for a long time. Don't know if people get that with Heroin, and whether you would call that addicition. Physical addiction takes time to build up. I've been phyiscally addicted to Valium and i know how that felt coming off - was one of the hardest things i've ever done!! So yeah its important in this discussion to differentiate phsyical from psychological addiction too. I would like to try Heroin, but i know myself - i have a VERY addictive personality - and i guess a big part of me feels if i never know what its like i won't ever miss it. I think about meth every day, without fail - i don't need another substance to add to the list.

CHeers

WC

yeh i get the nightmares when in WDs as well. kinda borderline psychotic. like i get so exhausted physicaly and mentally then after a few days awake i drift into a light sleep and wake then back and into the light sleep and its difficult to tell the difference between the dream and reality. even though i know it wasnt real there is still this feeling inside of being shaken by how vivid the dream/s were. makes me shudder thinkin about it.

it really depends on your personality regarding how addictive heroin and other opiates are. but, when you get a raging habit on a powerful opiate, its pretty fucken hard to undo the changes it can make to you. when i started wacking ticky i didnt know what the fuss was all about with wds etc. now i know all too well - having been addicted to just about every opiate available in aus-
heroin
morphine
oxycodone
hydromorphone
fentanyl
buprenorphine
methadone...

and i have to say, although the wds are hell, heroin is the best while being one of the easiest to kick. and generally your not wacking solids. the others the wds are either a lot more intense, or drag on far too long, or both, while not giving you a high to make it worth while.
i dont bother mentioning tramal or codiene because they wont even get me pinned -- habit or no habit.
i love + hate my benzos too as theyre just a match made in heaven. and i always seem to run out of both at the same time 8(

Heroin is beautiful and seductive. I am on sub now a days, but for the life of me I can't understand why junkies are regarded in Aus as degenerate scum- or is my impression incorrect, and tweakers are almost thought to be fashionable. MDMA is ok but crystal meth is more dangerous from a health standpoint especially when you are talking smoking heroin as opposed to smoking crystal meth- heroin is even healthier than alcohol from a health standpoint, but it sure is seductive. Is harm reduction connected to smack in decline- there are safe injection rooms, correct?

Its much easier to be a functional junkie than tweaker, or alcoholic- once you have a habit.
i agree and am a big supporter of iv diamorphine maintenance which exists in a few european countries and is incredibly successful. if only australia had a bit more sense.

yeh i get the nightmares when in WDs as well. kinda borderline psychotic. like i get so exhausted physicaly and mentally then after a few days awake i drift into a light sleep and wake then back and into the light sleep and its difficult to tell the difference between the dream and reality. even though i know it wasnt real there is still this feeling inside of being shaken by how vivid the dream/s were. makes me shudder thinkin about it

Nice to see I'm not the only one. Don't think I've ever had nightmare's like the one's you get from opiate WD's since.. well never.

Also gotta add, I'm starting to become a big fan of the synergy between meth and opies. Being 'high' makes you much more sensitive to other drugs. My tolerance to oxycodone is currently at about 80mg+
Been up for almost 24hrs now, just railed 40mg and I don't think I've felt this nice from oxy's in months!

From a psychological standpoint, I feel that Meth is more addictive than heroin, though heroin aint no joke. The point is that addicts need compassion not condemnation, especially within the drug scene ( tweakers considering themselves partiers as opposed to dirty degenerate junkies)- that kind of attitude is not very productive especially among adherents of HR principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.