• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Slurring words on benzos

Specified

Ex-Bluelighter
I never had a problem with slurring words with high doses in the past now i have trouble slurring my words.
What could be the problem do you think? The benzo in question is xanax if that helps.

Last edited:
See a doctor, I know this answer is horrible but it could be anything from stress to neurological diseases, this is not rare (noticing slurring with lower doses) with alcohol and benzos, but the causes can be very varied.

No and yes I will tell a doctor I've been getting them off the street cos there could be some contaminints in them?

Last edited:
If you are getting them from the streets in the US they could be anything from fent to a random RC benzo, that could be it too.

I'm not from the us rc pretty hard to get since a major vendor went down.

No there not fake. I got the powder off someone and I tasted the powder and it was xanax powder. I;m just worried it's some neurological disease.What's a dr gonna do anyway? they won't know what the problem is.

How long has this been going on? As I say this is not uncommon to happen due to stress, fatigue, anxiety, and a lot of reasons, unless it happens consistently for a long time or you get other symptoms I wouldnt worry about it, sometimes extremely rarely slurring words when drinking small amounts of alcohol or benzos can be the first symptom of diseases like ALS but this is extremely rare and practically impossible if you are young, so unless its consistent or gets worse dont worry about it.

It started pretty much when I started when I went on a plane. Also taking them everyday.
I used to take a few days breaks for tolerance.
It's been going on for about a month now but only in high doses like 20mg because that's my tolerance.
I don't drink so nothing to do with that.
I might take a few days off see if that helps and lower my tolerance although being at 20mg will take a long time.

Last edited:
anyone got a ballpark figure on speeding up lowering tolerance also I stillk wonder about my problem

With that dosage that's still enough time to build a physical dependence in some people. If you are trying to lower your tolerance to the benzos I dont really see anything to do but to lower the dose and taper off and wait a while before you use them again.
Benzo tolerance never quite goes away for a lot of people. It seems that once the high tolerance develops, lower dosages just dont work very well unless the person is in a state of high stress/panic.

High dose benzodiazepines can act like alcohol in the brain. I will admit, usually the dosage has to be pretty high to slur words. That's subjective, but usually the case.

High dose benzodiazepines can act like alcohol in the brain. I will admit, usually the dosage has to be pretty high to slur words. That's subjective, but usually the case.

What would you consider high dose? I would consider that anything over 8mg a day or so, but I take 3mg a day and worry about the long term damage it might cause.

What would you consider high dose? I would consider that anything over 8mg a day or so, but I take 3mg a day and worry about the long term damage it might cause.

It all depends on the persons tolerance. I blacked out the first time I took a small amount. To be realistic, any dose could be too high. Therapeutic dosages can be too much.

Benzos and alcohol are pretty infamous for causing slurred speech. Just a guess, but maybe your tolerence has fallen since you last used high doses, meaning the same dose now affects you more strongly?