• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Slurred speech, more difficulty paying attention when I cut my Diazepam dosage?

Alexander16

Bluelighter
Ok so today is the 3rd day I dropped my dose of diazepam from 30mg to 20mg...Earlier I had some muscle twitches and when I drove to the shop lights looked slightly blurry...I had kinda expected these kind of symptoms, but I felt particularly slow today, slurring my speech etc, is this normal? When I made cuts whil I was on xanax I actually felt more alert than while on a higher dose, I'm also more tired today than I had been previously. Is this normal? Am I cutting too fast in jumping from 30mg to 20mg?

Also, I've had trouble sleeping the last 2 nights, as in waking a lot. Would it be wise to take amitriptyline for sleep or would this make the diazepam w/ds worse?

You can have all sorts of strange neuro effects from cutting benzos, so don't worry unless it gets severe. It's tough to say if going from 30 to 20 is "too fast" (many variables) but it's not such a big cut as to be dangerous unless you have other conditions or are predisposed to seizures. You will have trouble sleeping no matter what, but taking amitryptyline shouldn't make anything worse - just don't expect it to make things much better, it's a very basic tricyclic antidepressant (and I see it given out for sleep constantly, but I don't think it works for shit personally).