What Do YOU Think? Slow connectiviity with Bluelight only / intermittant error messages

do you get the same error in an incognito/private browsing window?

alasdair

There is a problem with page and site latency on some top pages right now. It's on BL end not you. You're being bounced.

Do you understand computer networking stuff? Because I've got about 50 questions if so. Genuinely.

My first one would be, what happens when you get bounced?

problem solved :

TLDR: Microsoft update aggressive resets...

An update a couple weeks back set a hardware setting that didn't agree with my ISP

Setting corrected and boom - back to normal

Thanks everyone who responded (y)

Argh god is that the actual name for these things, or just what you call them? I've been having problems with my computer loads this year and I've determined it might be some kind of (policy?) that comes through W10 updates and reverts all my settings that I specifically set to NOT be on.

Its been pissing me off so much and I've speculated way too much on the origins; I've got no idea if it's specifically targeted at me or how to resolve that if so. I've heard about an MS A/B group thing where you get something changed and they sort ot monitor group responses. I've just had to disable all my hibernate/sleep/wake settings, again. I've formatted like five times this year. It's mostly why I haven't been on here.

It helps if you can open the browser developer tools and tell us which server command (url at the top of the developer tools window) is throwing the error. We've had transient permission issues where executing a normal command throws that error, indicating you don't have permission to execute the command. But we can't check permissions or fix it if we don't know which url command is causing it. You wiping your OS should be irrelevant, as the error ought be occurring in any browser, on any device....but that isn't always how this manifests.

The downside is this has seemed unpredictable, happening with various commands (not consistent), to people at all different usergroup levels (even admin, or myself).
The upside is that it tends to clear itself in a short bit, before we have to do anything.

Not a great situation, as software should be predictable and consistent, but we're looking into all the server software (not just Xenforo, as this likely is NOT a XF issue). The hunt continues.

I can remember back when we were implemeting XenForo that there were a few server updates that I'd read you ideally needed to upgrade to get the best XenForo compatability but stuff like that is beyond me and at the time of me stepping down it certainly hadn't been upgraded, and wasn't currently on the table.

I'm sure it was the PHP version and something else. I can remember making the suggestions but can no longer view them obviously; you could probably find them in a search of that old temporary xenforo forum/the admin forum, or maybe you know what I'm reffering to.

i get em once in a while on mobile and pc browsers. i just hit back button and click the link i want again and goes straight to the page.
not sure if this works for all but works for me.

Is this relevant? Why do we have a link to 8pagerun?

8WAYRUN.COM - The owner of that site is also the programmer that makes XenPorta 2, the feature (image) slider on the front page, and that add-on also manages all the 'articles' on the front page. That's the initial landing spot for folks.

And theres the advertised top o th line 80 tril data rate are still running on that 100 yr ol cable. i mean....

all that to say most of this crap is isp related from experience

tor has the same issues but that to kinda yo be expected..

Last edited: