• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids slight relapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormraper

Greenlighter
I was an opiate user for about 6-8 months total. but I only used once a week, chipping away at it until about 6 months ago I went on a month long binge of using 3-4 days a week (sometimes 5) and got the wonders of withdrawals. Well, I cleaned up for a month and then went back to chipping, which was fine for about another 1-2 months and then I accidentally took 3 doses in one week (spread out every couple of days) and got some mild WD's (heavy RLS which drove me up a wall). well I decided then that enough was enough and quite completely on April 11th of this year. I was good except for some mild cravings that would come and go with time and has pretty much faded away completely except for the "ahh, I remember how nice that was" memory. Well, last night I was a dumb fuck and accepted a single 25 mg dosage of percocet's from a relative in a moment of weakness and had a nice night. well, KIND of a nice night. I honestly didn't have that good of a time as my brain was screaming at me for taking a dose after being clean for 3 1/2 months and of course the shame that comes with it. I'm not too worried about restarting an addiction. I just feel embarrassed for taking it this once and have no desire to do so again. My question is, after spending 8 months chipping away and going through full WD's once ,and just RLS and shakiness for the second, will I have any WD symptoms after just taking this ONE 25 mg dose? I'm terrified of going through WD's again and have NO desire to slip back into my past, but I've never gone this long before without even a single doze (3.5 months since I took my last dose) so I have no frame of reference to how easy it is to fall back into withdrawals (little tidbit, since I only dosed once a day it would take me 48 hours after my last dose to feel WD's)

thanks for any advice

Could well have wds, it's not unlikely. Many who've had any decent kind of habit will be sick after just one dose.

Or you may be among the lucky ones & be absolutely fine. No way to tell really,- it's all subjective.

Fingers crossed,

Rtp

You probably won't feel THAT awful after taking a single dose. Chipping isn't easy. If you haven't already been through a full blown addiction / multiple relapses then you haven't really touched the tip of the iceberg yet :\

It can all go seriously downhill from that 'one time'.

bummer, I was hoping for SLIGHTLY better news... my only hope was that while I was chipping AFTER I had my full on Withdrawals I never had my WD's return once I started chipping again after that one month clean.... only once I started decreasing the time frame between doses did they come back mildly.... didn't know if the longer time frame would help or hurt me since my last time I used.... well, I don't really have any REAL sources so even if I do go through them I really can't get any more regularly (it was just a relative who tossed a couple pills my way who I don't see that often)... just REALLY don't want to go through that full body RLS again... took me 2 weeks to get rid of the RLS last time

I'm honestly not worried about going further down the rabbit hole as I was clean for months and had almost no cravings AT ALL, except for that sort of memory of the "good old days". This dose pretty much confirmed that I have no real desire for them anymore except as a hollow memory and thankfully I have no more real sources... I just REALLY don't want any symptoms from this one time stupidity moment. I scored some gabapentin from my mother just in case I get any (they helped me quite a bit last time I went through WD's), but I am just paying that I get some mercy from God in terms of my body this time lol

Last edited:
^I'm going to back you and put you in the mercy camp on this one all things considered, I'm certain that you are not going to be fucked up for two weeks with the full body restlessness/shakes. Maybe you'll get a mild case of the rattles on an evening or two but with everything you've shared with regards to your use history, I don't think that low dose of perc is going to reset and revert you back from whence you came. You are still passed the worst of it I believe.

But please do let us know how you get along. Take care.

X fingers for sure. I'll know in about 24-29 hours if I'm getting any nastiness (it takes me 48 hours after my last dose to get any WD's for some weird reason.... 20 hours down so far)

well, quick update... it looks like I was worried for nothing. I waited 3 days just to be sure but I never had a flicker of anything. not even a shake or a sleepless night. Not saying I plan on relapsing again, just saying that I just am thankful I don't have to deal with any crapola. really just want to put that phase of my life behind me

I would have been surprised if you withdrew off one perc after 3 1/2 months. Trust me you may have had some withdrawal symptoms but you definitely didn't experience full blown w/d. That's a good thing. It's unforgettable. Not something you ever want to experience. Nice self control being able to just chip. Now it's time to quit while you're ahead. You got a glimpse of how easy it is to just go one more day. It doesn't take long and if you thought rls was bad you have no idea how bad it gets. Keep it that way. Not the road to go down.

Perhaps my opiate use is less extensive then others on here; But in several months using IV heroin 3 to 6 days a week, I never experienced any WD symptoms. The only users I knew who did get dope sick were daily users. Generally the transition from "no WD" to "WDs" seemed to take ~14 days of daily use. I'm glad I never reached that point.

To answer your question. I would be surprised if a single dose of opiates could induce WD effects in a non-tolerant (or non-active I guess, even after years without opiates my tolerance is still very elevated) user.

I would have been surprised if you withdrew off one perc after 3 1/2 months. Trust me you may have had some withdrawal symptoms but you definitely didn't experience full blown w/d. That's a good thing. It's unforgettable. Not something you ever want to experience. Nice self control being able to just chip. Now it's time to quit while you're ahead. You got a glimpse of how easy it is to just go one more day. It doesn't take long and if you thought rls was bad you have no idea how bad it gets. Keep it that way. Not the road to go down.

ohhhh, the RLS was just the SECOND time because I chipped too close together, that's why I was worried about having mild symptoms. I went through full blown knock me on my ass withdrawals the first time. puking, the intestines, flu like symptoms, the works. that's why I DON'T want to go back. the party is over and I'm more than happy to just have a beer every once in a while instead of a pill

You probably won't feel THAT awful after taking a single dose. Chipping isn't easy. If you haven't already been through a full blown addiction / multiple relapses then you haven't really touched the tip of the iceberg yet :\

It can all go seriously downhill from that 'one time'.

Touched what? Fuck, you guys are high.

20a380793d6cc6f303aa75460c5371780a98dc6d34b0928c7708bdeea5799520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.