• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sleeping aid

Calebhunter90

Greenlighter
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Hi, swim enjoys lsd and coke on a regular basis which also involves using 2-3mg of xanax to get to sleep. Sometimes uses 1-2mg of xanax to sleep on some nights (2-3 times a week). Swim also enjoys 400mg of caffeine a daily to get through life in general. Swim is male and weighs around 66kg (lean/athletic build). Swim has a few questions he would like to ask from a harm reduction perspective. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]1) Is there an upper limit of how much caffeine you can take?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]2) Correct me if wrong, benzos like xanax are neurotoxic. Are there alternative sleeping aids for those coke/lsd nights? [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]3) If there are no alternatives, are there and benzos with less neurotoxic effects? Or have less half-life. Note, swim does not use benzos for recreational purposes, only just for sleeping aid.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]4)Swim uses coke and doesnt care about the side effects because #yolo and I only do it infrequently. So this isnt really a question [/FONT][FONT=.AppleColorEmojiUI]��[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Look forward to your responses!!![/FONT][/FONT]

Welcome to Bluelight, we don't use SWIM, so please edit your post or I'll have to close it

youre gonna regret that pattern quick. benzos are nuerotoxic and long term will cause additional problems with anxiety and insomnia. also - cocaine is 1) notoriously impure (if you have not, take a quick moment to google "levamisole necrosis" and see what I'm talking about) - and even if it is 100% pure, is for sure cardiotoxic. So - BEST CASE scenario you're talking about possible heart valve damage.. Also - my .02, you can't take LSD regularly. You can try, don't get me wrong - and when I was a younger man I had a similar use pattern going on. but my advice (Which I wish i could have heard then) is this: if you enjoy that heightened state and truly value it - don't blow it out, because you have a certain "mileage" - and once that's done, it won't be the same again. If I had known that I would have listened to lou reed and cooled it down. If you already take benzos 2/3x weekly to sleep - stop immediately. I did this for years and it just develops a tolerance and need for them for sleep, it may not give you a full physical habit but psychological dependence is deep and lasting. sober for years, I have never slept the same again. tl;dr none of these substances should be abused "regularly". If you want to continue enjoying things and sleeping like a regular person you have to go months between use to really get your brain back to baseline. if you can find a way around that, let the world know :) tried to format this, failed. !!!

did you mean youre dropping L 2-3 nights every week? I hope youre not ripping 10 strips every time if so...I can dose maybe once a week at the most or else I start to feel too burnt. as for sleeping/coming down, sure there are healthier sleep aids than benzos but I figure you already know that something like melatonin or valerian isnt gonna cut it. going the natural route is healthier, sure, but when it comes to sheer effectiveness in calming down your body and mind the mighty benzo is king. im pretty sure an antipsychotic like seroquel will knock you the fuck out, and definitely abort a trip, but i doubt its much better for you than xanax. if you really want more sleep after tripping and you dont want to keep eating benzos, my advice would be to lay off the blow and try to dose earlier for your schedule to allow more time to naturally come down and pass out. happy trails

Cocaine is far more neurotic than benzos are IMO, I’d see that as an issue apart from regular benzo use. Neither practices of using these drugs on any sustained or regular basis is good for your health. And benzo dependency is really not beast anyone deserves to experience.

Instead of using benzos, perhaps consider using an antipsychotic to come down from the cocaine (I now see that has been suggested, and I totally second the idea; regular use of antipsychotics is not without its own issues, but they tend to be more managible than benzo dependency). That tends to work pretty well with stims.

But really using cocaine less frequently is the only way to avoid issues with this. Same goes for the benzos.

might want to explore getting yourself some hydroxizine. that's effective 2/3x weekly.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]1) Is there an upper limit of how much caffeine you can take?[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]2) Correct me if wrong, benzos like xanax are neurotoxic. Are there alternative sleeping aids for those coke/lsd nights? [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]3) If there are no alternatives, are there and benzos with less neurotoxic effects? Or have less half-life. Note, swim does not use benzos for recreational purposes, only just for sleeping aid.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]4)Swim uses coke and doesnt care about the side effects because #yolo and I only do it infrequently. So this isnt really a question [/FONT][FONT=.AppleColorEmojiUI]��[/FONT][/FONT]
1. https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Caffeine
The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be about 150 to 200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass
2. There aren't enough studies, but afaik it doesn't look like benzos are neurotoxic, cocaine is far more neurotoxic. Alternatives to benzos would be valerian root, camomile tea, melatonin, maybe hydroxizine
3. If you're looking for a benzo with a short half life there's midazolam or triazolam for example, or use a Z-drug
4. So if you don't care about the side effects/neurotoxicity/overall toxicity of cocaine why would you care about the neurotoxicity for benzos ?

If you use alprazolam 2-3 times a week you should start worrying about addiction/dependence

Well call me a little scared right now. Just got out of rehab for oxycone, done with that shit, that shit fucked me up bad. But another issue is I've used xanax for sleep for years now. I only use it at bedtime because for me that's all it's good for, a peaceful nights sleep. But now I'm afraid I've really screwed up my brain chemistry where I won't be able to sleep normally again without it. Right now sleep is the only peaceful activity for me, the only time where I really feel at peace. Man, you can have fun with drugs and use them for all kinds of beneficial purposes, but there will come a day of reckoning and you will pay a price for them. I think I'll be paying back with interest for some time to come I have a feeling. If I only listened to the warnings, but it's too late for that now.8(

Have you any access to non-habit forming sleep aids? I definitely found trazodone helpful for the first 6-9 months following cessation of opioid use.

might want to explore getting yourself some hydroxizine. that's effective 2/3x weekly.
if we're being totally honest hydroxyzine doesn't really help when you're coked the fuck out. I'd go for 100mg diphenhydramine (benadryl)

Seroquel and clonidine are two possibilities that come to mind.

Seroquel and clonidine are two possibilities that come to mind.

clonidine yes, but using an anti-psychotic for sleep? doesn't sound like a very sensible idea to me.
and whoever mentioned hydroxyzine, i agree, its non-addictive as its just an antihistamine.
i used it for sleep for a time and it worked great, but be careful with its interactions with opiates ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽