• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Serious Sleep Paralysis with a twist.

lifeisnt

Greenlighter
Hello,

Firstly I’m not really sure how to describe what’s going on at night.

I suffer from sleep paralysis quite badly..

I’ve always been told it’s been caused by my opioid use by the doctor and I’d say I’m a fairly heavy opioid user that requires opioids daily who is dependant on it and take Dihydrocodeine.

One thing I’ve noticed that makes my sleep paralysis worse is the use of diazepam which I very rarely take.

The sleep paralysis is the normal bit and I’ve gotten used to it in a way although it’s still traumatic.. (the first thing I do when it’s happening is start screaming)

The real crazy part about it is I can feel myself falling into it and fight it which causes me two switch between awake and in a sleep paralysis state rapidly., so because I’m fighting it I’m trying to get up, but at the same time I’m getting up I’m also loosing conscious and going to drop back on the bed so if you can imagine I’m trying to sit up but almost falling back down then gettting back up and also falling again very quickly.. I’m not unconscious long enough to fall back down just enough to start jerking.. if I don’t fight it, it will be normal sleep paralysis.

I’m well aware of what’s going on allthough I say I go unconscious I’m saying that because I think I’m going unconscious and I am unconscious during a normal sleep paralysis event.

May sound confusing but I’ve tried my best to describe it.

Any idea? Anyone do this? I tried to have a look on google but it’s hard to search for because I don’t know what it is.

I will speak to my doctor about it next time I see him but just wondering if anyone suffers or know what this is.

I occasionally suffer from bouts of being half awake as I'm falling asleep where I can't move but for whatever reason all I want to do is move so I'm assuming that is traditional sleep paralysis.

? Now night terrors are a whole different Beast I've had several and they are horrifying experiences have you ever had one

What normally happens with me is I'm dreaming about something really mundane, then there is a sudden shift. I feel myself become paralyzed inside the dream and that usually induces panic. I think I'm dying, about to have a heart attack, etc, and I start to try to pull myself out of the dream.

What ends up happening is I enter a state where I cannot discern the difference between reality and the dream. I will make up momentarily then get pulled back under. The environment in my dream will be identical to the environment outside of it.

For example, I will wake up in my bed then fall back asleep and in my dream I will be awake in my bed. I become aware of this fact, and I fumble around for what seems like hours trying to navigate myself out. If you've seen the nightmare on elm street films, it's kinda like that.

plagued by worst-ever sleep paralysis when I first got into 3-day benders. every monday night without fail. glad that's over. scared the heebee jeebees out of me.

opiates cause weird dreams. often waking up from nightmares into other nightmares. or just waking up, brushing your teeth, and then waking up and realizing it was a dream, thinking you're actually brushing your teeth, and then waking up from that dream ad nauseam.

mirtazapine causes something similar. or maybe the withdrawal of it. last night i realized i was in a dream loop but i couldn't move. i was in my bed and knew i was dreaming. it didn't feel like i was sleeping and i was afraid i wasn't getting any rest, so i was trying to shake out of it so i could actually get to sleep. or sometimes i was trying to shake out of it because bad things were happening. bad things from mild, like an ex-coworker being in bed next to me. to horrible, like someone or something standing above me about to hurt me. but i couldn't move. i could shake out of it sometimes with extreme effort, but then i'd find out i was in another dream instead of awake.

tonight i saw my pill week divider and realized i didn't take my dose last night. i don't know. i've been tapering quickly off of benzos as well. but it's happening with some frequency. i think i'd put it on the addition of mirtazapine to my life.

fucking sucks, huh.

I thought I'd had sleep paraylsis/the feeling of being pushed down before years n years ago in the mephedrone era but fuuuck me that was some PROPER messed up shit I just woke up from! Didn't feel like I was asleep and felt like it went on for about half an hour with all sorts of weird shit like being held down and twisted into loads of weird holds, not being able to talk to who or what was doing it to me, or open my eyes, the bed tilting/falling sensations, brain zaps and then ended with what felt like me struggling to get up and walk across the room trying to push the lightswitch which wouldn't work then going into the kitchen turning the light on and finally being able to open my eyes seeing my old dead dog twitching on the floor then trying to turn the other lights in the house (it was suddenly my childhood house) which didn't work and ended with me trying to call out for help and only making weird muffled noises like my mouth was glued shut ? before I finally woke up back in bed. Didn't actually think I'd been asleep but it's 1.5hrs since I last looked at the clock.

.....and I haven't even done any drugs!! Fuckin wish I had some now ?

Maybe I'll jus stay awake now lol

I've used DPH to sleep for the last 4 or 5 nights but not tonight. I occasionally binge take it every night but only normally for a week or so in doses of 100-200mg until the box of 20 runs out but never had this. I also did tramadol in doses of 350mg and 400mg 1 and 2 nights ago (for the first time in years) but not tonight. Also did ketamine almost all week all day every day but none yesterday or today (nothing out of the ordinary for me) Any correlation?

That was seriously messed up lol

Edit: I just found some paracetamol with 25mg of dph in, took 2 so 50mg. A low dose of dph for me but nonetheless, hopefully it helps!

Last edited:
I thought I'd had sleep paraylsis/the feeling of being pushed down before years n years ago in the mephedrone era but fuuuck me that was some PROPER messed up shit I just woke up from! Didn't feel like I was asleep and felt like it went on for about half an hour with all sorts of weird shit like being held down and twisted into loads of weird holds, not being able to talk to who or what was doing it to me, or open my eyes, the bed tilting/falling sensations, brain zaps and then ended with what felt like me struggling to get up and walk across the room trying to push the lightswitch which wouldn't work then going into the kitchen turning the light on and finally being able to open my eyes seeing my old dead dog twitching on the floor then trying to turn the other lights in the house (it was suddenly my childhood house) which didn't work and ended with me trying to call out for help and only making weird muffled noises like my mouth was glued shut ? before I finally woke up back in bed. Didn't actually think I'd been asleep but it's 1.5hrs since I last looked at the clock.

.....and I haven't even done any drugs!! Fuckin wish I had some now ?

Maybe I'll jus stay awake now lol

I've used DPH to sleep for the last 4 or 5 nights but not tonight. I occasionally binge take it every night but only normally for a week or so in doses of 100-200mg until the box of 20 runs out but never had this. I also did tramadol in doses of 350mg and 400mg 1 and 2 nights ago (for the first time in years) but not tonight. Also did ketamine almost all week all day every day but none yesterday or today (nothing out of the ordinary for me) Any correlation?

That was seriously messed up lol

Edit: I just found some paracetamol with 25mg of dph in, took 2 so 50mg. A low dose of dph for me but nonetheless, hopefully it helps!

I hate when that kinda shit happens ... makes me totally dread going to sleep. A million times worse than a normal nightmare. I've had them that felt like it took me HOURS to escape from.

I hate when that kinda shit happens ... makes me totally dread going to sleep. A million times worse than a normal nightmare. I've had them that felt like it took me HOURS to escape from.

Yeah I feel you there I really didn't want to go back to sleep lol. Luckily the dph must have kicked in because it's morning now.
Was reading on Google ways to get out of it and aparantly wiggling your fingers and toes can help!

I can relate; I used to suffer from what I called 'chronic sleep paralysis'. Mine was induced by months of daily crystal meth use. It would happen more often if I were dead tired and usually a bit anxious like at the end of a long weekend when I knew I had to try and get some quality rest before going to work the next morning. I use the term 'chronic' bc I would experience the sleep paralysis, wake up, try to fall asleep and then experience the sleep paralysis again and this would happen over and over, several times in a row in the same night. I would sometimes just give up trying to fall asleep bc the misery and exhaustion from wrestling with paralysis was just too much to handle psychologically and emotionally. For me, paralysis is more terrifying than anything else that's ever occurred during sleep, however I wouldn't call this state of consciousness sleep since I'll slip into paralysis while falling asleep so I don't feel like I've ever gotten to sleep when this happens since the fight to wake up starts immediately upon realizing that I'm entering paralysis. I'm keenly aware that it's happening and I have little to no control over the darkness that surrounds me, like an evil presence that isn't tangible but I feel/sense it behind me, on top of me, from across the room... I'm unable to speak or hardly breathe, can't move but if I do at all it was an incredible struggle. I got a prescription of seroquel to help me slip into sleep and past the stage of paralysis. Used the medication for about two months before I had courage enough to try and fall asleep on my own without medication as an aid. When the sleep paralysis was at its worst, my partner could sometimes detect that I was experiencing it by the way my body fought in a heavy and slow fashion or I'd make noises as if trying to speak. I was always trying to say HELP. My partner would shake me to wake me up and save me from the paralysis. It did stop occurring, though. It happens maybe twice a year now.

I used to have this problem during the years when I was abusing MDXX. They felt like they lasted for hours. Trying to wake up and not being able to move a muscle is one of the scariest things that I have experienced. They taunted me for a few years but once I calmed down with the MDXX use, they went away.
I hope that you guys get better.

What normally happens with me is I'm dreaming about something really mundane, then there is a sudden shift. I feel myself become paralyzed inside the dream and that usually induces panic. I think I'm dying, about to have a heart attack, etc, and I start to try to pull myself out of the dream.

What ends up happening is I enter a state where I cannot discern the difference between reality and the dream. I will make up momentarily then get pulled back under. The environment in my dream will be identical to the environment outside of it.

For example, I will wake up in my bed then fall back asleep and in my dream I will be awake in my bed. I become aware of this fact, and I fumble around for what seems like hours trying to navigate myself out. If you've seen the nightmare on elm street films, it's kinda like that.
I noticed I only had gotten sleep paralysis in my room but since I changed rooms it has not happen anymore. Also when I had gotten sleep paralysis I would always see a image in my head a clear image of that girl from the movie the exorcist. Very scary indeed. Do you see any scary images?. I no longer have sleep paralysis.

Hello,

Firstly I’m not really sure how to describe what’s going on at night.

I suffer from sleep paralysis quite badly..

I’ve always been told it’s been caused by my opioid use by the doctor and I’d say I’m a fairly heavy opioid user that requires opioids daily who is dependant on it and take Dihydrocodeine.

One thing I’ve noticed that makes my sleep paralysis worse is the use of diazepam which I very rarely take.

The sleep paralysis is the normal bit and I’ve gotten used to it in a way although it’s still traumatic.. (the first thing I do when it’s happening is start screaming)

The real crazy part about it is I can feel myself falling into it and fight it which causes me two switch between awake and in a sleep paralysis state rapidly., so because I’m fighting it I’m trying to get up, but at the same time I’m getting up I’m also loosing conscious and going to drop back on the bed so if you can imagine I’m trying to sit up but almost falling back down then gettting back up and also falling again very quickly.. I’m not unconscious long enough to fall back down just enough to start jerking.. if I don’t fight it, it will be normal sleep paralysis.

I’m well aware of what’s going on allthough I say I go unconscious I’m saying that because I think I’m going unconscious and I am unconscious during a normal sleep paralysis event.

May sound confusing but I’ve tried my best to describe it.

Any idea? Anyone do this? I tried to have a look on google but it’s hard to search for because I don’t know what it is.

I will speak to my doctor about it next time I see him but just wondering if anyone suffers or know what this is.
This sounds like regular sleep paralysis. Had it almost every night for a while. It would often turn into out of body experiences where I would get grabbed by entities and shit. Scary stuff. Glad I don't get these much anymore.

The best thing to do is embrace and do not fight. Then with practice you will be able to experience the most intense lucid dreaming I have personally ever achieved.

whenever you start your dream off with sleep paralysis it allows you to begin 100% aware from the very beginning.

then you can have complete control and do whatever you want to do in your dreams and it is pretty amazing.

Try it, it works.

Speaking for myself and maybe others who share this issue. I would exchange my nightmares for sleep paralysis. Isn't that bad, it's a past-trauma caused by something, you need to know what or when and then kill it. Isn't something weird, bad or something that will cause you further damage, talk to some therapists they will help, from my therapist too I learnt the ''mind-box'' thing, which's what the word says.