• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SL-164 Dicloqualone

Friesthem

Bluelighter
Anyone experience this? Considering micro dose to start obviously, and see where it goes. Long history of anxiety and depression, looking for a fix. Tried some cathinones, seems to be a crash/more depression the next day. Benz's work great for now, and allow me to leave the house, work, and operate.
Just looking for a way out, doctors cant help me anymore, after many tries on SSRi's etc
Thanks!

I would be interested in trying it, like I did etaqualone, but wouldn't want to become dependent on it as a medication (unless it was available via prescription).

Being dependent on research chemicals and research chemical vendors is risky business. Sellers just up and disappear as well as drop chemicals from inventory due to sales or supply issues all the time too.

If the benzos are working i would stick with that since this is something that could make you physically dependent that you're not guaranteed to have access to in the future, but perhaps I'm overplaying it a bit.

I only tried a few grams of etaqualone. That's easy to do when the doses are hundreds of milligrams. I did not find it significantly more pleasurable or useful than benzos and the cost was WAY more expensive per dose.

In other words it was fun to try (another notch on the RC belt) but not something worth chasing.

Avoid. Not particularly enjoyable and has a tendency to cause seizures.

Seems like a lot of the methaqualone analogues cause seizures. Or at least a few of them. Seems strange for depressants.

I liked mebroqualone. Not very potent at all, but it was nice, chill, seemed pretty safe for a -qualone. Never got to try etaqualone. methylmethaqualone sounded super sketchy. Would be awesome if they discover one that is as worthwhile as methaqualone.

had mebroqualone and etaqualone, 1g each. both were not that interesting. only good qualone derivative seems to be nitrometaqualone.

I saw that one available but I remember reading something somewhere of someone saying to avoid it at all costs. Can't remember why though.

Oh right, wiki says why. It was found to metabolize into something mutagenic, and research was stopped due to serious toxicity concerns.

I haven't tried methaqualone (only etaqualone), so this is just a theory, but I suspect people romanticize about 'ludes due to the fact that they were once commonly prescribed and are now illegal. That and media attention over od's and abuse.

The fact is that other safer, more potent, and just as effective medications replaced it.

I'm sure there are people in our generation who might spread similar stories to future generations about etizolam. Don't get me wrong I think etizolam is great and unique, but is it so different from other benzos?

Most drugs that affect GABA receptors are similar in certain broad respects. Something tells me methaqualone wasn't necessarily anymore special than the rest.

so this is just a theory, but I suspect people romanticize about 'ludes due to the fact that they were once commonly prescribed and are now illegal.

think so too. same with flunitrazepam.

Yeah there is surely some romanticizing at play. On the other hand, lots of people, including some in other related threads today, experienced first hand the switch from old-school GABAergics to benzos, and say that even at the time they found them to be far inferior for recreational purposes.

As far as etizolam, it's not so much that the effects are so much better, as it is that the positives to negatives are ideal. The duration is short (which is good for benzos, IMO), it is not very amnesic, has a good functional-to-hypnotic ratio, and produces less negative effects the next day than other benzos I've tried. In short, it is much more useful and useable to me.

As far as the enjoyability there probably was something beyond folklore.

I mean in six months i went through two 500 count bottles of expired 64.8mg phenobarbital tablets (its still in "grain" increments being an old school drug, with 1 grain being 64.8mg). It actually landed me the hospital when someone found me somewhat unresponsive and panicked and called the paramedics. I was fine but was on 380mg/day of methadone, so its pretty easy to sleep deeply as that amount of methadone was very sedating (it pretty much necessitated daily naps, and as someone who could never nap naturally, i really miss those mid day 2 hour naps they were incredible, and the way food tasted -- I have some nostalgia for that comfort, i've never felt so physically comfortable in my life, nor ever will again).

In any event phenobarbital, despite how gross the hangovers were and the cold dissociative feel to it, I keep taking it. Then again, so said the guy who wound up on 380mg of methadone.

Far more enjoyable was carisoprodol. Which is the closest thing to the feeling of the old school barbs that is commonly available. In fact the carisoprodol sudden loss of coordination and muscle twitches sort of parallel barbs and methaqualone (respectively, and i suppose collectively). I used to take it daily for around a year until it they moved to C-IV. Pretty enjoyable stuff, and oddly enough it didn't really have noticeable physical withdrawal, though i was on benzos then.

I would imagine secobarbital is good, and is methaqualone. Perhaps the RC stuff we get now, like etaqualone, is to methaqualone like isopropylphenidate is to methylphenidate or bk-2CB is to 2CB.

As far as the enjoyability there probably was something beyond folklore.

I mean in six months i went through two 500 count bottles of expired 64.8mg phenobarbital tablets (its still in "grain" increments being an old school drug, with 1 grain being 64.8mg). It actually landed me the hospital when someone found me somewhat unresponsive and panicked and called the paramedics. I was fine but was on 380mg/day of methadone, so its pretty easy to sleep deeply as that amount of methadone was very sedating (it pretty much necessitated daily naps, and as someone who could never nap naturally, i really miss those mid day 2 hour naps they were incredible, and the way food tasted -- I have some nostalgia for that comfort, i've never felt so physically comfortable in my life, nor ever will again).

In any event phenobarbital, despite how gross the hangovers were and the cold dissociative feel to it, I keep taking it. Then again, so said the guy who wound up on 380mg of methadone.

Far more enjoyable was carisoprodol. Which is the closest thing to the feeling of the old school barbs that is commonly available. In fact the carisoprodol sudden loss of coordination and muscle twitches sort of parallel barbs and methaqualone (respectively, and i suppose collectively). I used to take it daily for around a year until it they moved to C-IV. Pretty enjoyable stuff, and oddly enough it didn't really have noticeable physical withdrawal, though i was on benzos then.

I would imagine secobarbital is good, and is methaqualone. Perhaps the RC stuff we get now, like etaqualone, is to methaqualone like isopropylphenidate is to methylphenidate or bk-2CB is to 2CB.
Perhaps. I liked etaqualone. I didn't think it made sense though considering the cost per dose vs what the high actually was. I think we're far better off with cheap rc benzos. I really want to try clomethiazole.

This is a forum about sl 164 why is nobody talking about that is it just because it's not that particularly intriguing or has nobody really touched it due to all the worries about side effects in general all I see here is reports on other substances mainly and its disappointing 😞 I am very interested in this substance but can barely find general info and experience reports would someone help me out here who has legitimate solid experience with sl 164 please??

I haven't tried methaqualone (only etaqualone), so this is just a theory, but I suspect people romanticize about 'ludes due to the fact that they were once commonly prescribed and are now illegal. That and media attention over od's and abuse.

The fact is that other safer, more potent, and just as effective medications replaced it.

I'm sure there are people in our generation who might spread similar stories to future generations about etizolam. Don't get me wrong I think etizolam is great and unique, but is it so different from other benzos?

Most drugs that affect GABA receptors are similar in certain broad respects. Something tells me methaqualone wasn't necessarily anymore special than the rest.
It ain't that different [Etizolam], its unique to me in a sense that it just seems like the best Benzo regarding effects and side-effcts.

Its just perfectly in balance considering these factor's. So as far as these class of medication goes its the best. It is addicting like all the rest its just my most preferable choice.

Why it not available as prescription is what i find the weirdest about Etizolam.

Ethaqualone as comparison is way to euphoric to be a replacement for Etizolam. And to shortlasting! Besides the fact that an effective dosage is huge.

Last edited:
This is a forum about sl 164 why is nobody talking about that is it just because it's not that particularly intriguing or has nobody really touched it due to all the worries about side effects in general all I see here is reports on other substances mainly and its disappointing 😞 I am very interested in this substance but can barely find general info and experience reports would someone help me out here who has legitimate solid experience with sl 164 please??
I’ve tried 30mg. Felt nothing I don’t think. I have heavy benzo tolerance. I may try again. All this seizure talk makes me weary, but I’ve yet to talk to someone who’s actually had one.

I’ve tried 30mg. Felt nothing I don’t think. I have heavy benzo tolerance. I may try again. All this seizure talk makes me weary, but I’ve yet to talk to someone who’s actually had one.
Well thank you I am excited to hear your report I have some otw and am yet to try but I am considering using as a nasal spray or snorting it due to the low oral bioavalibility or maybe even as eyedrops who knows xd 😀 but even with all this seizure talk I'm still willing to try it I have experience with benzos and various other substances like them such as Valium and some obscure ones too with no seizures on any of them before even at high dosages so I'm not too afraid to try sl 164 I just want all the facts and as much personal knowledge as I can obtain before I jump into it anyways thank you for your response I appreciate you.

Well thank you I am excited to hear your report I have some otw and am yet to try but I am considering using as a nasal spray or snorting it due to the low oral bioavalibility or maybe even as eyedrops who knows xd 😀 but even with all this seizure talk I'm still willing to try it I have experience with benzos and various other substances like them such as Valium and some obscure ones too with no seizures on any of them before even at high dosages so I'm not too afraid to try sl 164 I just want all the facts and as much personal knowledge as I can obtain before I jump into it anyways thank you for your response I appreciate you.
well benzos are usually anti seizure I think. For some reason, this sl164 is supposed to cause seizures? I have no idea why. I can’t find any info, but just people talking about it, mostly who haven’t even tried it.
I’ve only done oral, and will continue next time, until I find the right dose that works.
I’ll post if I remember, but I will forget lol. Message me if u want later 😀

SL-164 isn't a benzo, it's a quaalude analogue. Those cause seizures when dosed too high. Some of the quaalude analogues can do it quite easily, for example methylmethaqualone causes seizures at just marginally above the effective recreational dose. Not sure how much the risk is with SL-164

What route of administration, just read your reply that you took it orally ;) ? Just curious as i personally with my recent history of seizure's will never touch this class again.

My only experiences were with 1 gram of Etaqualone. And a bit, with which i mean just a tiny bit, sprinkled on a bed of Weed smoked very nicely. Caused me to instantly lay down or else it would happen un-voluntary. Very high black out factor and very euphoric. Just like in the South-African youtube video's about smoking Mandrax. Which is Methaqualone and possible an anti-Histamine.

Last edited:

well benzos are usually anti seizure I think. For some reason, this sl164 is supposed to cause seizures? I have no idea why. I can’t find any info, but just people talking about it, mostly who haven’t even tried it.
I’ve only done oral, and will continue next time, until I find the right dose that works.
I’ll post if I remember, but I will forget lol. Message me if u want later 😀
GHB cause's seizure's and is a Gaba-ergic drug so its not uncommon.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067447/

GHB cause's seizure's and is a Gaba-ergic drug so its not uncommon.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067447/
Yeah I'm not prone to seizures at all I have done ghb gbl and such I did know that sl 164 is a lude analog but I wasn't really talking about benzos when I said I had experience I meant some of the more obscure substances like ghb and gbl also cocaine and fyent and never had any seizures or ods on any of them which is why I said I am not in any way afraid to try sl 164 as I know my seizure rate is practically 0 sorry for not being more clear on that I'm particularly interested in the snorting or a nose spray roa with sl 164 because I am hoping it will be more worthwhile in a financial sense and be more active at lower dosages. Also I can't do mandrax it has diphenhydramine which I am severely allergic to sadly makes me see shit and gives me a allergic reaction which is sad because I have wanted to try the south African mandrax just to see if what I hear about it is really true