Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Size of an 8 Ball

Baby700

Bluelighter
Quick question that I seem to get varying answer for: what is the average size of an 8 Ball?

That depends on wat kind of 8ball your talking about. Weed,Coke,Speed...or an actual 8ball for like pool..even then you got like American ones and australian ones..i duno if the size of the balls change in other countries but yeah.

Whoops...sorry...should have been more specific....8 Ball of speed...in Australia.

I cant seem to find a picture of an 8ball of speed..=/ but i will say that it varies depending on if its pure or cut. Maybe post a photo?

Zell said:
I cant seem to find a picture of an 8ball of speed..=/ but i will say that it varies depending on if its pure or cut. Maybe post a photo?

So what weights more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

"So what weights more, a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?"

Thats one of the funniest things ive seen on here....I hope you are joking 1bRAVEheart1...also Zell, unless you're using alot of sarcasm.

8 ball = 3.5g = 1/8th of an Ounce (28g)

There is 4 8 balls in a Half Ounce 8 balls in a Full Ounce

In WA, Weed is usually pounds..etc not really kilos...where as speed, rock is measured in balls ounces and pounds...

e.g. People don't say can i have a 28 grams of rock, its ounce....etc...also with weed its not 1/4 ounce or whatever...we buy 'sticks', 'fifties' and half oz's and oz's.

You can't really tell if your 8 ball is 2 points under or 2 points over...thats why you need digital scales!! that way to 1/10th of a point!! not those shitty rounded ones.............

Want me to post a pic of a 8ball of ice ?

Last edited:
Well technically the question was about the size. Size does usually refer to the dimensions or proportions of an item. So if you are talking about size then it can vary widely according to what is in a substance.

Koston: there are no rules as to what things are measured in, mainly because there are no rules controlling the distribution of drugs, other than it's not allowed. I'm glad you said usually, however that is always dependent on who you talk to.

Of course thats not the way it works everywhere but what koston said is 100% correct. i dotn no any dealer where you could call them and say id like 14 grams of weed but u cood ask for a halfer or halfoz and buy it.

Munchee said:
Well technically the question was about the size. Size does usually refer to the dimensions or proportions of an item. So if you are talking about size then it can vary widely according to what is in a substance.

Well when dealers start selling in volume, and not by mass, then I'll assume that size means volume.

everyone knows that its by weight not volume, therfore the volume will vary. but read the guys question, AVERAGE.
the AVERAGE size doesnt vary. tell him its generally about yay big. its like an oz of weed it can vary heaps but an average oz will b a sandwich bag around half to 3/4 full.
i cant say how big the average 8ball is coz i dont no but u can giv him a general idea.

Yeah but you can't really say that because you don't know how big the sandwich bag is....e.g. 3.5g GLAD sandwich compared to the larger 4.5g GLAD sandwich bag

Just looking at an 8ball of powder meth compared to Ice you cannot really distinguish between the two...you can't say an 8ball should look like this....

Bottom line, there is no average 8 ball size. It is 3.5 grams...which is 35 points. That never changes, but it may look like is bigger...or smaller.