Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Situation regarding opiates/opium in SE Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

opiumcrazed89

Greenlighter
Hello,

I'm thinking about traveling to Cambodia and/or SE Asia in the next year or so. I live close to Seattle and flights to this area of the globe are reasonably priced. Plus, I hear it's super cheap to vacation in these countries.

I'm curious about the situation pertaining to opiates over there. I know this area is called the "golden triangle" for it's history of opium cultivation. I've read conflicting reports on various forums about the ease of obtaining pharmaceuticals and/or raw opium in certain of these countries.

For instance. I've read that you can buy hydrocodone OTC in Cambodia, and that opium is available as well. One post on Reddit described Cambodia as an "opioid lovers paradise." Is this true?

As far as the other countries in the region, my research indicates that Thailand is the last place on Earth you wanna get busted possessing drugs. So I'll scratch that destination off my list.

I've read that Vang Vieng, Laos is (or was) a paradise for those who like pot and opium. Are these things still available in the cafes there or has it changed since it's more wild and hedonistic days a decade ago? What about the rest of Laos?

How about Vietnam? Anyone have any experience there?

I'd like to hear from people who have actually been there and have first hand experience.

Thanks

Yea, I came across that article a while ago. Since I made this post I've been doing some research. Apparently you can buy all the goodies in SE Asia over-the-counter, except in Thailand. I've also been doing some research into what can be found in South America. It would be much cheaper for me to fly south rather than east. I've discovered that in Colombia you can buy everything over-the-counter as well. In Mexico too perhaps, but in Colombia for sure. I'm already planning my vacation.

Sorry but this isn't exactly harm reduction related. We can't really tell you where the best/easiest places to score are... gonna lock this thread, please message me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.