• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Sinus infection?

XTCAKE

Bluelighter
To better answer the question that is going to be asked, I'm going to give a brief introduction...

I've been using black tar heroin EVERY day at least once a day (up to thee times daily) for the past two weeks. I ONLY "snort" it. The way in which I go about doing this is to simply remove the needle off a syringe, lay down on a bed and squirt it into the back of my nose. Yes, yes, this is not a very desirable method, but it works.

Anyways, my question is THIS:
I have been getting INTENSE headaches/pains in my sinus area for the past five days. It's a very noticeable pain. I want to know if anyone thinks this could be a sign of a sinus infection due to use of the tar? :( opinions!

yes there is a good chance you will get a sinus infection from snorting anything. see a doctor before it gets out of control.

you should look into plugging. i think that would be a safer and cheaper way to administer the drug.

Yeah..it has something to do with the drug use. I second the plugging notion. Do you shoot tar as well?

No shooting here. Question (another one):

would plugging the tar also cause some sort of infection, eventually? :(

are you filtering your solution? that will help eliminate a lot of the insoluble particulates.

also you may be contaminating your solution or your BTH is contaminated already. using a .22 micron filter will elimate bacteria

Yes, I do filter my solution, but only with cotton. I still want to know if anyone knows if plugging can cause internal damage as well, if done for a certain period of time..

i dont know what kinds of things are used to cut tar heroin, but any kind of sugar or carbohydrate would definitely encourage bacterial growth in the sinuses.

i think rectal administration is safer in this case.

1- there is little oxygen to promote bacterial growth

2- there are other anaerobic bacteria that naturally grow in the large intestine that will compete with any nasty bugs that get in.

3-the rectum is very far away from your brain

as far as i know, plugging is the safest way to administer opiates other than oral.

i dont know what kinds of things are used to cut tar heroin, but any kind of sugar or carbohydrate would definitely encourage bacterial growth in the sinuses.

i think rectal administration is safer in this case.

1- there is little oxygen to promote bacterial growth

2- there are other anaerobic bacteria that naturally grow in the large intestine that will compete with any nasty bugs that get in.

3-the rectum is very far away from your brain

as far as i know, plugging is the safest way to administer opiates other than oral.

That's good to know. This is the kind of answer I was looking for. Thank you! =D