• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Sinning, as Jesus and the church say, is good. Turn or burn Christians.

lol

2 posts up you called ali a liar for trying to argue with you, but that's just literally your last post... there are many others just in this thread.
Did he lie?

Let me ask again.

What am I hostile towards?

Have you noticed? If not, shove your criticism. If so, tell us.

Regards
DL

Clearly I have noticed. You/re hostile to civil discourse quite often. Your entire approach is hostile. You come across as ranting. You insult the intelligence of other posters regularly. I am sure nearly everyone on here agrees with that assessment. If you can't see it, you're either being deliberately obtuse, or else you have very little insight into your own behavior.

We've PMed about this before so I suspect you're being deliberately obtuse.

I have observed the same thing Xorkoth. Gnostic Bishop regularly not only insults other poster's intelligence but often states that he is morally superior.

Gnostic Bishop, couldn't you dial that back just a bit to at least try to get along with others?

I get more complaints via PM about you than I do about any other poster on the site, by the way. I have had people tell me they won't post in this forum anymore because they don't want to argue with you or have their thread derailed by you. I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm stating facts. You claim to want to convince people of why they should follow your religion, but you turn people off from your religion because no one responds well to your sort of discussion, ever. Rule number 1 in understanding people is to understand that insulting people will cause them to stop listening to you and not consider respecting your position. As you have not respected theirs.

I'm curious as to how much gnosis it takes to realize Gnosticism (Christianity) is polytheistic. It seems to me that Yahweh is an evil spirit while God is the same God from Tanakh who would somehow allow this duality. I can accept that Lucifer is a demon because of written evidence in the Kabbalah but please don't tell me that Satan is. That's definitely not a Jewish concept

I get more complaints via PM about you than I do about any other poster on the site, by the way. I have had people tell me they won't post in this forum anymore because they don't want to argue with you or have their thread derailed by you. I'm not trying to pick on you, I'm stating facts. You claim to want to convince people of why they should follow your religion, but you turn people off from your religion because no one responds well to your sort of discussion, ever. Rule number 1 in understanding people is to understand that insulting people will cause them to stop listening to you and not consider respecting your position. As you have not respected theirs.

If your sponsors and guests cannot agree, ---- that those who respect genocidal god lovers, who believe in immoral human sacrifice, that women are created with less valuable souls than men's, and serpents can talk, ---- are not worthy as compared to Gnostic Christian realists, ---- then they show a poor moral sense.

Sympathies to those unfortunate people.

Sure people hate the truth. How many times did people want to kill Jesus.

Your choice, as well as all people, is to take the truth, or live your delusional lies, while ignoring your betters.

I follow this wise biblical saying and so should all people.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I am just a bully of a father sometimes love driven, I hope, because I learned to love en mass late, and my hate of what hinders the perfection of man, like a poor moral sense, is always close to the surface.

I am working on toning down. I hope you can be patient.

Regards
DL

I'm curious as to how much gnosis it takes to realize Gnosticism (Christianity) is polytheistic. It seems to me that Yahweh is an evil spirit while God is the same God from Tanakh who would somehow allow this duality. I can accept that Lucifer is a demon because of written evidence in the Kabbalah but please don't tell me that Satan is. That's definitely not a Jewish concept

Being Universalists, we recognize as many gods as there are people who are intelligent enough to recognize what it means when a Gnostic Christian says his god is, --- I am,--- and we do mean us.

We are all our own controller or choosers of god.

We all represent and present whatever mind picture we all have of our Gods, ideal, or ideal human if you are an atheist. Regardless of ideology or theology.

Nice that you have the moral sense to know a vile god when you see one.

On Satan. You cannot have a hero without a nemesis. That is what myths are all about. The foolish carrot stick notion taken too far. Satan is just a literary tool.

What is important about Satan is her gender. In terms of our evolution, she creates all man to man evil.

I think I showed you her boobs at some point.

Regards
DL

i never lied. i suspect gnostic bishop simply didn't take the time to read my post(s) properly before firing back his hostile response... hmmv.

alasdair

If your sponsors and guests cannot agree, ---- that those who respect genocidal god lovers, who believe in immoral human sacrifice, that women are created with less valuable souls than men's, and serpents can talk, ---- are not worthy as compared to Gnostic Christian realists, ---- then they show a poor moral sense.

Sympathies to those unfortunate people.

Sure people hate the truth. How many times did people want to kill Jesus.

Your choice, as well as all people, is to take the truth, or live your delusional lies, while ignoring your betters.

I follow this wise biblical saying and so should all people.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

I am just a bully of a father sometimes love driven, I hope, because I learned to love en mass late, and my hate of what hinders the perfection of man, like a poor moral sense, is always close to the surface.

I am working on toning down. I hope you can be patient.

Regards
DL

Okay so this is precisely what I mean. You have demonstrated my point. You have not broken any rules, you've stepped around insulting me with your language, but your stance and delivery are disrespectful. Also you co-opted our conversation, which had nothing to do with your beliefs about a genocidal god, to further proselytize the same thing you've plastered across every conversation you participate in, and every thread you post in. This kind of response does one of two things:

Either

(A) it causes people to roll their eyes and say "I'm not engaging any further, this is clearly not going to go anywhere" and stop participating in the thread,

or

(B) it causes someone to lash out at you because they feel attacked and decide to fight back. I suspect this is what you are after. My belief is that it makes you feel morally superior to tell others that they are morally and/or intellectually inferior to you. But please prove me wrong, by not behaving this way. I'd love to be proven wrong in this case but I recognize it when I see it.

In both cases, your position has been damaged and you have driven away actual attempts at respectful debate. If, on an off-chance, you are actually interested in respectful, productive debate, and you just really have a hard time understanding how to communicate with others effectively, please take what I said into consideration.

i never lied. i suspect gnostic bishop simply didn't take the time to read my post(s) properly before firing back his hostile response... hmmv.

alasdair
I never lie anymore.

Getting caught is embarrassing. I learned that many years ago.

Prove me wrong, you false accuser you.

Regards
DL

insulting me with your language,

It is likely the way you read. That happens due to writing the way a Frenchman does. You have to read me carefully, unfortunately. It depends. I do not have what you think was directed at you.

Get the quote you think does that.

Regards
DL

"Get the quote you think does that."

Okay

You are implying that those who do not share your belief (ie, me) are unworthy and lack morals.

or live your delusional lies, while ignoring your betters.

You called those you disagree with (ie, me) delusional, and implied that you are better than me

"Get the quote you think does that."

Okay

You are implying that those who do not share your belief (ie, me) are unworthy and lack morals.

You called those you disagree with (ie, me) delusional, and implied that you are better than me

They kind of all follow. I see it as a well written prose to wake you up.

Your unworthy if you cannot argue for those I truthfully pointed to, who are thinking in an immoral way.

No human has the ethics to be as evil as the bible has made the Christian Yahweh and only the immoral would not condemn him to hell.

If insulted, then let us have your arguments that favor genocidal, human sacrifice, that women are created with less valuable souls than men's, and serpents can talk.

Or at least pick one.

Regards
DL

A literalist using mythos is always wrong.

Logos is the way to go.

That is why in Jewry, beliefs are in the hands of the Pharisees and intelligentsia.

They put man above god, where he belongs. We are not all genocidal god lovers.

Regards
DL