Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Sinicuichi - First time - Extreme Pain

Hi guys ✌️

well i'm new here in your neighborhood, i'm walking around to see the streets and i came across here, i don't know if i can publish here or not and if it will help, i apologize and delete anything.

Talk about sinicuichi alkaloids. I think you already know, but it was a way to start walking around here.

Be good to everyone when tripping 🖖😉🤷‍♂️👽

I think it might contain cholinesterase inhibitors, of some kind, symptoms sound similar.

I have some alkaloidal extract of this plant, but I had a similar experience from the whole plant tea, not something I want to repeat.

Did you notice any salivation or constriction of the pupils?

If I'm right about this stuff, makes me wonder if it couldn'tbe used in a refined form, as a nootropic in a similar vein to things like galantamine and huperzine-A.
here's an example of the extraction of alkaloids if it serves ... 🤷‍♂️

Here in my country there are many, people usually make blends to smoke, more is not used much and they report only vision with a very subtle yellow aura.

That report has always been strange to me, as the user does not report anything about muscle pain, despite not fermenting the tea in the sun, whereas most other reports I've read (including my own experience) suggest that drinking the tea without said sun fermentation results in horrific muscle pain, without the yellowing of vision or appreciable entheogenic effects. The reports I have read where it was fermented (which is also the traditional method of consumption) produce the yellow coloring of the vision, as well as entheogenic effects.

Additionally, this report suggests that the audio pitch shifting effect is placebo, but it is absolutely not. When I drank it, despite not getting the other effects, I did get substantial pitch shifting, reminiscent of a very light DiPT audio effect. Everything shifted down several pitches, as a musician with near-perfect pitch, it was blatantly obvious (what's more, I did not expect this effect), and all songs I listened to sounded much different, due to each key having its own feel. There was also a tinny sort of distortion to higher pitched sounds, very much like DiPT. The pitch downshift lasted over an entire day, and became rather disturbing, as I found all music to sound much less good because of it, and I was concerned it wouldn't return to normal (it did, of course).

I will say I did smoke it, too, and though I didn't get much (and the smoke hurt my throat, probably due to the high amount needed), and did not experience the muscle pain then.

I tried it about 20 years ago too.
I cant remember the dose, but I made tea of it and the only real effects that seem to stand out for me was a mild sedation and a quite pronounced distortion of music - like it was being played both slower and sounding a bit "off.
Other then that I did not experience anything, and I tossed the rest of it instead of taking more.

No muscle pain, but you didn't ferment it, just made a simple tea? Interesting. I wonder why some experience the muscle pain and not others? It's not something you could have just not noticed, it's an unholy, awful, alarming pain.

Were there any fixed postures or locked positions? The rigidity sounds a little like a dystonic reaction, minus some involuntary components. Potentially some sort of extrapyramidal side effect. Regardless, not good. Thanks for the documentation.

Yes there are quite a number of reports of the muscle pain, though surprisingly, not all of them. My theory is that the traditional method of preparation, where the tea is fermented in the sun, destroys or transforms some compound(s) that cause the muscle aches, possibly turning it/them into something else. Generally the fermented sun tea method seems to yield reports of positive effects with a coloring of vision and light entheogenic properties and no muscle pain, whereas not fermenting in the sun seems to produce heavier audio distortion (maybe, that is my impression) and heavy muscle pain without entheogenic effects or coloring of vision. But I am pretty sure I have read reports of people not fermenting ion the sun and still avoiding the muscle pain, so I'm not sure. It could also have to do with the time the plant is harvested (maturity level, environmental factors, etc), individual metabolic factors, or even plant misidentification from vendors selling it, perhaps a related species or something. I really don't know but those are my thoughts/theories.

Very interested in looking into the alkaloids in this to figure out what causes such as effects. So far, I've found this.

In terms of trying it, I'll stick to DiPT.

DiPT's sound effects are tremendously more interesting anyway. Sinicuichi just shifted the pitch downward somewhat and made everything sound tinny. Though interestingly, DiPT has the same effect, at the very beginning or at low dose. But then DiPT goes like a thousand times further.

Very interesting that two separate sound-altering substances share an effect though.