Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Singles thread - home of the quirky alone!?? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not quite sure how to be single. I'm such a serial monogamist that being unattached for six months has been an interesting (and rewarding) experience... I'm just not sure if I'm doing it right.

Anyone have any tips on how to be an effective single person? Are their skills for this particular profession I might be missing?

^ Simple really- just don't have a partner and hey presto- you're single!

If you can't cope you can always make up the fact that you have one but make excuses as to why they never come out with you on nights out.

Mary Poppins said:
I read this and seriously thought that I had posted it. Hilarious!

You are too funny.

So anyways, I set my crush up with another girl that I think is cool, and now they love each other and want to have babies. I am going out with them on a date on Wednesday night to trivia. Weird times.

^ Why did you do that?

I've realised I'm so fiercely independant that even the idea of a relationship pisses me off. Maybe I haven't met the right person. Maybe I'm just an evil bitch who gets enough ex-sex to not bother with intimacy.

I would really like to settle down with someone who wants to settle down but people who want to settle down are so settled aka boring.

I'm going to be here for a while longer.

Okay everyone, I have a SERIOUS IDEA and I want to know who would be into it:
I like being single. I know, everyone says they like being single, but they're really all bottling their pain up on the inside till they can get home and listen to Dido or some shit. But I do actually truly unapologetically enjoy it. And incidentally it pisses me off and depresses me a bit that so many of the posts in this thread are from people whining about their single status.

So here's my idea: I want to have a mass wedding somewhere very public on Valentine's Day next year for all the single people who agree with me that while relationships are an awesome thing, single is by no means an inferior choice, and if you have a healthy relationship with yourself that's something that should damn well be celebrated. I want to have a whole bunch of people publically declare that they are happy to be on their own and that they don't need another person to complete them - am I crazy or is this a good idea? And if anyone does think it's a good idea, is there anyone with event organisation skills that could help me get this done? I really want to do it because like Carrie said on Sex And The City, our whole lives are spent anticipating and celebrating our choices to become a couple or a family, but when do the choices of single people get celebrated? Never!

Who is with me and who thinks I'm a nut?

(You can say yes to both if you want)

Er... nut?

Actually I did this on my 21st. I decided I liked being single too much to ever marry, but I still wanted a huge ridiculous white dress occasion. Twas awesome fun.

That's a brilliant idea Raz, and it true - you're nuts.

I have an idea as well. Build a tunnel of love ride at a Valentine's day festival (if such things exist) but instead of all the fluffy lovey shit, have animatronic housewives and husbands slaving about, complete with ball and chain. Maybe some black eyes as well. Then they turn towards the riders and chant 'one of us, one of us'.

gher said:
That's a brilliant idea Raz, and it true - you're nuts.

I have an idea as well. Build a tunnel of love ride at a Valentine's day festival (if such things exist) but instead of all the fluffy lovey shit, have animatronic housewives and husbands slaving about, complete with ball and chain. Maybe some black eyes as well. Then they turn towards the riders and chant 'one of us, one of us'.
LOL

While that does sound awesome, my idea is more that there's nothing actually wrong with relationships per se.....some of my friends have been together for years, and really do compliment each other perfectly and it's obvious that they are in love and will do anything for one another and yadda yadda yadda....

It's not so much a dig at relationships, it's more a...why can't we just be happy being ourselves? Why do we need relationships? I've been single for 8 years this year, and yes I'm a human being and would like to cuddle up to someone every now and then, but I've got a teddy bear (cow) so it's generally covered. I look at friends who are miserable because they haven't achieved long-term coupledom and desperately reach at the first person they feel the slightest bit attracted to only to break down when it all falls apart because really they weren't that well suited in the first place. Why shouldn't we as a society be encouraged to be happy with ourselves? I know for a fact that I have grown so much more as a single person than I ever did in a relationship...and a lot of people just don't give themselves that chance to grow because they're always looking for the next relationship instead of just accepting the opportunity they have to start a rewarding relationship with themselves.

So yah, to summarise.....having a loving equal partner is awesome, but it's not something that we should ever need or feel the need to chase. Your partner should always be a compliment to who you are, not someone who completes who you are.

I know how you feel, I just didn't quite get what the wedding ceremony actually involved people doing. I think my idea is better suited to an ad campaign anyway, I mean I can't remember the last time I saw a tunnel of love!

Speaking of partners completing each other, there's this girl I know who's been with this guy for about a year now. She's completely dependent on him and is miserable when they're separated for too long. She often asks why I don't have a girlfriend and can't quite grasp the concept of not really wanting one.

Actually, I wouldn't mind having one but I don't want to go out of the way for one. I don't really have time to go out, meet people, go through the whole dating ritual on the gamble that we might be compatible enough for something long term, which is what I'd like eventually, complete with house, kids and car.

And a little more background information for added relevance, my friend is in my Rover crew and most of us think he's a dick and has corrupted her and dumbed her down. Just as well they didn't hook up about two years earlier when he was quite the raver, because then he'd have introduced her to drugs and corrupted her even more than he has now. I wouldn't be surprised if he still did ice and coke.

Im perfectly happy being single- its a whole lot better than being in a relationship that is not fulfilling and the freedom you have to do whatever you want is difficult to give up- unless of course you have no self disipline.

Im going to be living with my boy for a few months so looks like the total freedom I had is kinda over.

My dear Mother send me this:

ATT000101.jpg

DATING

Dorothy and Edna, two "senior" widows, are talking.

Dorothy: "That nice George Johnson asked me out for a date. I know you went out with him last week, and I wanted to talk with you about him before I give him my answer."

Edna: "Well, I'll tell you. He shows up at my apartment punctually at 7 P.M., dressed like such a

gentleman in a fine suit, and he brings me such beautiful flowers! Then he takes me

downstairs, and what's there but a luxury car... a limousine, uniformed chauffeur and

all. Then he takes me out for dinner... a marvelous dinner... lobster, champagne,

dessert, and after-dinner drinks. Then we go see a show. Let me tell you,

Dorothy, I enjoyed it so much I could have just died from pleasure! So then we are

coming back to my apartment and he turns into an ANIMAL. Completely crazy, he

tears off my expensive new dress and has his way with me two times!"

Dorothy: "Goodness gracious!... so you are telling me I shouldn't go out with him?"

Edna: "No, no, no... I'm just saying, wear an old dress."

lol.gif

I opened up to someone and told them how much I really do like them. I knew what the reply was going to be. "I'm still not over my last relastionship". But hey, I got something off my chest.

I have been single for just over a year. I am 27 and live in the east side of Melbourne, would really love to hear from a nice single girl on Bluelight. I love going out to restaurants, seeing the exhibitions at fed sqr, etc. There is so much to do in this city!

Please PM me if you would like to talk. :)

pic of GABA:

GABAlover said:
I have been single for just over a year. I am 27 and live in the east side of Melbourne, would really love to hear from a nice single girl on Bluelight. I love going out to restaurants, seeing the exhibitions at fed sqr, etc. There is so much to do in this city!

Please PM me if you would like to talk. :)

Unfortunately I don't live in Melbourne, but you seem like a lovely guy - good for you being honest and open enough to put yourself out there! I bet you get heaps of girls pming you.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.