• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Simple acetone wash for (meth)amphetamines and cocaine. <pics inside>

Go
I have what the bottle says to be 100% acetone, I should be able to use this to wash homemade methcathinone right?
I've read other ppl saying that acetone is bound to contain some water no mater how pure it's says it is and Epsom salt is necessary....any thruth to this at all??? The stuff I have is like beauty parlour grade unscented 100% pure acetone according to the label.
Use it.dont leave the lid off the bottle for long

Replying to an old thread as this thread has all the basics...
Just that it does not cover my needs:

How can I wash dextrose out of amphetamine?
After some googling, I found out that dextrose, a very common cutting agent around here, is not soluble to acetone. Is there any simple solving agent that leaves amphetamine dissolved while solving the dextrose?
No.chloroform or DCM can dissolve the amp/meth hydrochloride and be filtered to remove the sugar but it's only about 90% effective.the only way to fully remove sugars is freebasing and resalting it. Basically a/b extraction is necessary

No
I have a question and it's probably going 2 b the dumbest question n e of u have ever been asked but here it goes n e way lol. Can nail polish remover with acetone in it be used instead of pure acetone or acetone anhydrous? Yes I'm a blonde lol.
No

I'm pretty sure baking soda and ammonia are just specific products targeted for cocaine specifically, to Make it freebase then again I'm no chemist.I don't mean to rain on your parade but I don't believe you could take caffeine and baking soda and smoke caffeine free base

I know this is an old thread, but people will find this thread useful in the time to come.
The problem here is you really need anhydrous 100% pure acetone. if even 1 drop of water is in your acetone your using this let's say on chilie, that one drop can carry up to 1/4 gram of your dinner away with it. Imagine what a few drops could do?
It's easy to get 100% acetone, most any 5 dollar nail polish removers will say right on the label, 100% pure acetone, but in chemistry one should never believe the label, especially on a 5 dollar product, stuff happens, so prove its pure and keep it pure by getting some 98cent epsom salt, the only thing here is it has to NOT be iodized. Try kosher salt or canning salt maybe, read the label.

Bake epsom salts, slowly increasing the temperature and stirring to prevent clumping, to just over 200? C (right about 400? F); I would leave it there for 45 minutes or so. Do not add the hot result to the acetone yet. personally I baked it on foil, allowing me to fold it in the foil, let it cool for a minute or two, and then immediately put it in a ziploc bag (which I put in another and then another) to prevent it pulling moisture from the air and rehydrating.

Once it?s around room temperature, 1/4 way fill a mason/canning jar (with a metal lid! acetone eats plastic and rubber) with your anhydrous magnesium sulfate (dehydrated epsom salts). Add acetone to fill the rest of the way. Put the lid on tightly, and put it all in the freezer ? you won?t freeze the acetone, don?t worry.

This is to a) keep your acetone from trying to evaporate and pressurizing your jar, but much more importantly b) to keep the solubility of the salts in your acetone as low as possible. Do you want salt in your dope? No, right? Keep it cold.

When the time comes, put your dope on a plate or a coffee filter (I use a plate) and use an eye dropper or pipette or syringe to draw acetone from the TOP of your jar and dribble it on your dope. Your dope won't dissolve and will stay in the coffee filter/plate; gak that is soluble in acetone, which quite a bit of it is, will dissolve and go through the filter or it'll go into the air with the acetone as it evaporates.

If your like me, leave the acetone in the freezer and top off as needed, you'll be using the anhydrous acetone often.
If you make your own chile and something goes afoul and the end product has an off taste, this may fix that too.
You can buy lab grade anhydrous on amazon.

I have a friend who had supposedly washed a zip wit this method e times...well I can say im doubting it is dope at all since it seems to literly not smoke and Chokes u.... Period torch or lighter same result...could ir be she didn't use 100 percent acetone instead used the womans new bff the fake finger nail friendly. Non-acetone acetone...