• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos silly me, i had tapered and now....

television82

Bluelighter
So after probably over a year of diazepam use. Sometimes daily, sometimes only once a week. Sometimes 10mg, sometimes 50mg......with the most recent (last 6 weeks) usage being the worst, maybe 10-30 every or every other day, I decided to self taper.

I did this by going 10 every other day for a week, then 5 every other day for a week, then I have been taking 2.5 every other day for about 10 days now. I'd just gone 3 days without anything and felt fine. Considering I'd been taking such small amounts and skipping days, I guess I was pretty much back to base line/zero levels of the drug in my system.

However 4 days ago I went on a bit of a silly xanax binge. I've gone through 25mg in 5 days....

Will this have completely blown my taper out the water? Will I have to start the valium taper again?

Or considering xanaxs short half life, should I be able to tell in the next day whether its going to throw me into withdrawal?

I know if I had no history of benzo use, 25mg over 5 days and stopping cold turkey would be fine. But will the fact I recently tapered off a low-moderate valium habit alter this?

During the whole valium taper I felt fine. Never any withdrawal symptoms so to speak, except a little insomnia when i dropped to 2.5mg....

I would wait it out, a 6-week addiction isn't really long. However, given diazepam and its metabolites long half-lives you might have also started feeling bad on the 4th day going with no diazepam. I've been on BZDs daily for like 9 years now, I'm now at 0.25mg clonazepam and I could go 2 days without it no problem, it's a bit shorter acting than diazepam, I know a single clorazepate dose would make me fine for at least 2 days from withdrawal. It really could be that you were still about to face some mild withdrawal. Messing with GABA and glutamate levels makes a wreck of you, trust me, I can tell by myself.

No matter how you will feel, at this point the best for you will be to abstain from benzodiazepines and if some mild anxiety appears, it should fade away after a few weeks. Stay away from this, it's a simple solution to too much stress in any situation, but it takes its toll.

So after probably over a year of diazepam use. Sometimes daily, sometimes only once a week. Sometimes 10mg, sometimes 50mg......with the most recent (last 6 weeks) usage being the worst, maybe 10-30 every or every other day, I decided to self taper.

I did this by going 10 every other day for a week, then 5 every other day for a week, then I have been taking 2.5 every other day for about 10 days now. I'd just gone 3 days without anything and felt fine. Considering I'd been taking such small amounts and skipping days, I guess I was pretty much back to base line/zero levels of the drug in my system.

However 4 days ago I went on a bit of a silly xanax binge. I've gone through 25mg in 5 days....

Will this have completely blown my taper out the water? Will I have to start the valium taper again?

Or considering xanaxs short half life, should I be able to tell in the next day whether its going to throw me into withdrawal?

I know if I had no history of benzo use, 25mg over 5 days and stopping cold turkey would be fine. But will the fact I recently tapered off a low-moderate valium habit alter this?

During the whole valium taper I felt fine. Never any withdrawal symptoms so to speak, except a little insomnia when i dropped to 2.5mg....

Holy fuck. This was my thread 7 years ago. Fuck me. I know there was another account before this one from when I asked a few questions about valium prior to even trying it. Why oh why didn't I ignore the warnings.

Anyway....after 7 years I've finally quit diazapine. Ended up quickly going on to take an average of 10mg every day for most of those 7 years, sometimes more, rarely less. It got me though university and then work. I hid it from everyone, nobody ever knew. Never really caused me any issues. My only worry was getting caught by work/friends/family.

Decided I needed to quit about 5 weeks ago. Did a quick taper over 2 weeks. 20mg a day down to 5mg. Then cold turkey. Had a really horrible 5 days. Had to take one day off work. Had some crazy anxiety and thoughts, and some bonkers muscle twitches. Then it sort of settled. And now I feel straight again. Sober and anxious. And drinking a lot more

I have been trying to contact a cpn but have not been able to get referral as my benzo use is in the 26th year I have been on a script for the last few millenia and I have to be seen to be in full compliance with the doctors and other drug workers who have been constantly reducing my script to now 8mg daily... So it is a hard time to get back into my routine to sleep on your own and then get back to work with vigor n the day you may want to stay with the rest of the family one is a little more than anxious, so I procure black market very strong double barrel 10m blues with the same line as the UK diazepam and the letters msj on the 1 side. They release the valium to the brain all at once and then they buckle my head. I think its just the case that the people who have been working on the harm reduction in the community are far from clued up to the point of their own negligence of the refusal to refer to the me back to the cpn as they are in the process of denying that since the first priscription age 17 has now gone and become a fully fuckin mental illness particularly starting with the lower dose of vals. The result is that it is possible that it is not easy enough to get the black markets pills but making it slightly harder to so I am now a criminal