• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Signs of a Collapsed Vein

no, it is a problem. what is insoluble in room temp/cold water becomes soluble in a heated solution and once it cools down they become particulate matter again.

about your other question : you should release the tourniquet once you've registered. keeping it tied and injecting has the potential to burst the vein, yes. a lot of people complain of the needle slipping out once releasing the tourniquet so a good way avoiding this is re-registering to check you're still in the vein. you're inevitably going to have your arm move a little.

just out of curiosity do you use the old clamp between the teeth and release or under your thigh sitting down? or some other way?

Word, that makes sense, the only pill that I do heat is MS Contin, cause you have to, which obviously its not smart to shoot any pill, but I since got a Micron Filter, so I filter the shit out of my MS Contins. Didn't think i was gonna be able to get one til i ordered it offline, but I found this place in the next city over that sells medical supplies and they had them there, .22 microns, which is what I was recommended, and from what i've seen in peoples posts, that seems to be what most people use.

and to answer you question, I just wrap it around my bicep, and the put the end of it between the inside of my arm and my side, and just hold it there using my arm pressed against my side, and then when i need it to be released i just move my arm a lil and it loosens it. Seems to be the easiest way to do it by yourself, without having to move your arm to much.

I'll say it again, PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT HEAT THE SOLUTION FOR INJECTING PILLS.

To shrug off simple advice like this which isn't even advice, but a FACT that it is bad for you defeats the purpose of harm reduction, and there is no point asking opinions if you are going to ignore fucking FACTS!!!

Not to sound like an asshole, but come on!

Also, I personally avoid tourniquets, but when I do use one, or alternatively, if someone squeezes my arm for me to help a vein pop out, I will often first register, then LOOSEN, but not completely release, to ensure the needle stays in place without blowing a vein. Or at least I used to.Thing is, I'm a pro now; once you do it every single day long enough, you'll know your in a vein before you register, and can usually tell if it's secure or not.

But what I am wondering is this:
Why do you even need a tourniquet? When I first started IV'ing, it took months to run out of veins before a tourniquet was needed, and once I learned what I was doing, I still rarely needed it, and it's been that way a long time. I think you need to take some time to learn which veins are viable, and make sure your not damaging them too much, so you don't have to worry about sitting on your thigh often or anything. And remember, if you can FEEL it, you should be able to hit it, but seeing can be a bit less reliable.

And I Do follow the advice, i stopped heating all my pills after reading what others posted, except the MS Contins, because if you dont heat the ones I get, they just turn into gel, and I learned the process of prepping them from people on this forum (not saying that makes it right) and several other people do it the same way, cause like i said, if you drop the crushed up MS Contins into fresh, cold water, it just gels up completely, I don't kno why, but it does, I wasted my first to MS Contins, trying to figure out how to do it, by just dropping them in there. but like I said above, I got a .22 Micron Filter, and I filter it a couple times, still its not exactly the best idea to shoot up it up, but shooting up in general just isn't the best idea lol so what are you gonna do, addiction is a bitch.

As to why i use a tourniquet even tho I just started IV'ing a few weeks ago, it just makes it easier for me to see my veins, I have a lot of tattoos and it makes it hard for me to see them, i can feel them, but I just feel more comfortable being able to see. I can also tell when I am in a vein too, i can fill the difference of the needle puncturing a vein, and not puncturing it. Makes kind of a tiny pop feeling when it enters, almost like when you pierce your ear and it makes that loud pop sound when it goes through the cartlidge, and you can feel the the pop too, except obviosuly when it comes to veins, i cant hear the popping sound, but i feel it, tho like i said, its subtle. Sometimes I have a bitch of a time getting the needle into a vein on my right arm, dont kno why, but sometimes i gotta pull out a lil and change the angle and then push it back in. There has been a few times when I've gotten very frustrated tho, and just pulled the needle completely out and took a break for a second and came back to it lol I am still getting it down. But i am at the point to where 8 times out of 10, i hit the vein on the first puncture. But I've only missed twice, and that was just when i was in a hurry, which in the back my head i kinda thought i had slipped out of the vein, but i was stupiod and in a hurry and push down on the plunger anyways. But since the last time it happened a few days ago, i dont ever push on teh plunger unless i am 100% sure its in the vein, if i even think its not, i pull out and try again ju

Word, that makes sense, the only pill that I do heat is MS Contin, cause you have to, which obviously its not smart to shoot any pill, but I since got a Micron Filter, so I filter the shit out of my MS Contins. Didn't think i was gonna be able to get one til i ordered it offline, but I found this place in the next city over that sells medical supplies and they had them there, .22 microns, which is what I was recommended, and from what i've seen in peoples posts, that seems to be what most people use.

and to answer you question, I just wrap it around my bicep, and the put the end of it between the inside of my arm and my side, and just hold it there using my arm pressed against my side, and then when i need it to be released i just move my arm a lil and it loosens it. Seems to be the easiest way to do it by yourself, without having to move your arm to much.

And I Do follow the advice, i stopped heating all my pills after reading what others posted, except the MS Contins, because if you dont heat the ones I get, they just turn into gel, and I learned the process of prepping them from people on this forum (not saying that makes it right) and several other people do it the same way, cause like i said, if you drop the crushed up MS Contins into fresh, cold water, it just gels up completely, I don't kno why, but it does, I wasted my first to MS Contins, trying to figure out how to do it, by just dropping them in there. but like I said above, I got a .22 Micron Filter, and I filter it a couple times, still its not exactly the best idea to shoot up it up, but shooting up in general just isn't the best idea lol so what are you gonna do, addiction is a bitch.

As to why i use a tourniquet even tho I just started IV'ing a few weeks ago, it just makes it easier for me to see my veins, I have a lot of tattoos and it makes it hard for me to see them, i can feel them, but I just feel more comfortable being able to see. I can also tell when I am in a vein too, i can fill the difference of the needle puncturing a vein, and not puncturing it. Makes kind of a tiny pop feeling when it enters, almost like when you pierce your ear and it makes that loud pop sound when it goes through the cartlidge, and you can feel the the pop too, except obviosuly when it comes to veins, i cant hear the popping sound, but i feel it, tho like i said, its subtle. Sometimes I have a bitch of a time getting the needle into a vein on my right arm, dont kno why, but sometimes i gotta pull out a lil and change the angle and then push it back in. There has been a few times when I've gotten very frustrated tho, and just pulled the needle completely out and took a break for a second and came back to it lol I am still getting it down. But i am at the point to where 8 times out of 10, i hit the vein on the first puncture. But I've only missed twice, and that was just when i was in a hurry, which in the back my head i kinda thought i had slipped out of the vein, but i was stupiod and in a hurry and push down on the plunger anyways. But since the last time it happened a few days ago, i dont ever push on teh plunger unless i am 100% sure its in the vein, if i even think its not, i pull out and try again ju

Well I am glad to hear it. I can't say for sure, but I think there is an alternate for for you to IV the mscontin. Be weary, though. The shit that dissolves in hot water WILL resolidfy once the water cools. Morphine is water soluble; should giving it time to dissolve, and then drawing through a filter work? As I said, I don't have much experience with the MScontins, as I never was a fan of morphine(ironic, since H is mainly a delivery vehicle for morphine)

And don't worry, you'll get it down. Sounds like your doing pretty good, so far. Or at least as good as one can do injecting pills LOFL.

Well I am glad to hear it. I can't say for sure, but I think there is an alternate for for you to IV the mscontin. Be weary, though. The shit that dissolves in hot water WILL resolidfy once the water cools. Morphine is water soluble; should giving it time to dissolve, and then drawing through a filter work? As I said, I don't have much experience with the MScontins, as I never was a fan of morphine(ironic, since H is mainly a delivery vehicle for morphine)

And don't worry, you'll get it down. Sounds like your doing pretty good, so far. Or at least as good as one can do injecting pills LOFL.

your totally correct, the fillers resolidfy before i even get them into the syringe, so I think its pretty safe (as much as IV'ing drugs, especially pills, can be safe hahaha), the fillers are what gel up, and that why you have to suck up the solution fast before the gelled up shit, soaks up all the morphine solution with it, and once you suck up all the morphine, you can see all the gelled up binders still on the spoon. And even tho i kno that having a crystal clear solution doesn't always mean its free of fillers/binders, i do always get a nice crystal clear solution, and I have had no problems injecting these. in the last couple weeks, i've banged like over 20 of these things (you kinda lose count after awhile, ya kno what i mean hahaha) and I have had no ill side effects, or anything, and even the two times i missed with them, it healed perfectly well, and from what I hear, if you miss a shot thats full of binders and shit, then its pretty much guaranteed to cause an abscess.

On a side note tho, i am not sure what i am doing wrong here, cause even tho i am at the point to where 8 out of 10 times, i get the needle in the vein on the first try, and it injects properly and everything, i still get some bruising sometimes around the injection site ? what causes this ?

Ya know, I honestly don't have a good answer on the bruising. I never bruise; granted it happened a few times when I started, but now it only happens once in a blue moon if I am having to reuse a blunt needle, and it takes me a couple tries to get the damn thing in. But I have a couple of friends who are chipper(they have school/work, and just go on mini-binges a couple of times a month) and they bruise like a motherfucker everytime they shoot up. What's weird is, I usually inject them myself, and they still bruise up, so it's nothing about the technique, so IDK.

(Just like to point out to anyone inexperienced reading this, your way better off having an everyday user do your injections for you if you are inexperienced and don't plan on making an everyday thing of it)

I had another question related to IV use. I just recently started IV'ing, about 2 weeks ago. I am very clean and careful, take my time, use rubbing alcohol, fresh needles (tho tonight i reused a needle, but it had only been used one time, tho i still kno thats not ideal, it was the last needle i had to use til i get more tomorrow). But anyways, like i said, I am very clean, and careful, dont share needles. Make sure everything is clean and sterile. I clean the injection site with Rubbing Alcohol, and I always heat up the water i use regardless of needing to for whatever drug, cause heating the water up before mixing the drug in it and sucking it up, helps get rid of any bacteria in the water. And I always use water from a water bottle, just cause it seems cleaner then using tap water (that part is probably not true, just my preference tho) So i pretty much got good IV technique down. But What I was wondering is, do you take the turniquet off before or after you push down on the plunger to inject the drug. I was taught that you keep it on, and then once you finish injecting the drug, you take it off, then pull the needle out. But i've heard mixed things, from people saying to take it off as soon as you get the needle in the vein, before you inject the drug, and someone people say not to take it off til after injecting the drug. So which one is true, and the best/safest method ?
this may be a bit old but bottled water is 99% tap water and in some cases tap water js actually cleaner than bottled water. Swim was surprised to find this out as well but at least you are self aware

Okay well I swear I made a thread on this earlier..

I've got a few spots in veins where they feel, half collapsed? Like the ropey feeling people talk about, but it appears blood is still getting through so I don't know what to think. I've got some veins that seem swollen too, like they pop out like crazy but there are no symptoms of thrombosis or whatever, no redness, pain etc.

I have been an IV user of fast for about 4 months now but have smoked for 3 me months before that daily. I went about a week without booting. U normally hit the crook of my arms. But I've been noticing that my hands started to hurt like a tingling feeling. I don't KNOW w what is wrong ...? Can anyone recommend anything that will help

I'll say it again, PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT HEAT THE SOLUTION FOR INJECTING PILLS.

To shrug off simple advice like this which isn't even advice, but a FACT that it is bad for you defeats the purpose of harm reduction, and there is no point asking opinions if you are going to ignore fucking FACTS!!!

Not to sound like an asshole, but come on!

I completely agree with what everyone says here about how heating a solution of pill matter is dangerous and should not be done at all. BUT...

From A LOT of personal experience with IV'ing pills....I can tell you for a FACT, that sometimes it is actually a necessity to heat the pill/water solution....and here's why.....

I am one of those people who always had, and always will have, an UNIMAGINABLE natural tolerance to all opioids. As a direct result of this, I needed to inject several pills at once(of ANY opioid) to take away WD's....and even more to get a high(back when I was an addict). And if you make a solution of, let's say, 3-6 Hydromorphine 8mg pills without applying heat, and then try to filter it thru cotton(as I had no access to micron filters at the time...or even new needles for that matter)....you WILL NOT be able to do it. The amount of pill matter turned into goop is simply too much to allow the typical syringe to suck up the Hydromorphone infused liquid....EVEN if you only mixed small portions of the powdered pill with the water at a time, pulled it up into a syringe, and then used that solution to mix with the next small portion of powdered pill. It's just not doable.

So I quickly learned that applying heat, turned an overwhelmingly white and goopy liquid solution into a mostly clear, manageable solution. One which I actually COULD pull up into my rig and inject.

Now...I AM NOT CONDONING THE USE OF HEAT WHEN IV'ING PILLS...I am simply stating that I know from personal experience that the whole "don't use heat with pills" concept doesn't apply to or help people who find themselves in the situation I found myself in. And we all know how sick we get in WD's from a HUGE opioid habit...and we also know that if applying heat to make your solution injectable is the only way for an addict in WD's to be able to inject and thus feel relief from the hell he/she is in....the addict WILL apply heat.

once again....PLEASE DO NOT HEAT YOUR PILLS. That's easy for me to say in retrospect, as I am no longer an IV user, but I understand both sides of this coin so to speak.

Any advice on how to get around the problem I discussed above is GREATLY appreciated, as I do not wish for others to make the same mistake that I did(out of necessity) if there is another way to fix the issue of simply WAAAY too much inactive pill matter in your IV solutions.

That's all the more reason to not heat pills.... Imagine all that shit crashing out that didn't dissolve until heated once the solution cools down in your body. Imagine how clogged your veins would be.

That's all the more reason to not heat pills.... Imagine all that shit crashing out that didn't dissolve until heated once the solution cools down in your body. Imagine how clogged your veins would be.

I am aware of that. But as I said...most hardcore opiod addicts(and even a lot of the not so hard core addicts) will do what needs to be done in order to take away the HELL that is WD's. MANY of us have been there MANY times...you make a sacrifice or take a risk in order to end the suffering....you'll practically do anything to stop the pain like rob your own family or sell your body. So heating pill matter to feel better is actually one of the lesser risks junkies take in comparison depending on how you look at it, from what perspective, and how often/long it is done. NOT THAT I CONDONE OR RECOMMEND HEATING YOUR PILLS FOR IV USE. PLEASE DON"T DO THAT. AND PLEASE DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO PREVENT FROM PUTTING YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS DECISION "TO HEAT OR NOT TO HEAT".

So...I'm guessing from your response that you don't have any ideas as to how to get around that particular problem? I'm not asking for my benefit...I'm asking for anyone who finds themselves in the same dilemma that I found myself in the past and has been deciding, as I did, that they needed the drugs too much to let the risks of heating a pill shot stop them from going thru with it.

...and of course, you never know, I may find myself an addict again in the future(pray to whomever that doesn't happen) and in that case, a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated and beneficial to me.

BackSeatSuicide hi mate I'm a long term H user and to hear Wat u said scares me! You said you had only been injecting a couple of weeks and your putting in 1gram!! Anyone who done that where I'm from would definitely "go over" only after 2 weeks regardless of how much you was smoking as its really strong in my area! But then maybe it because of all the other thing you inject which I'm not sure of myself! Lol all I know if you went from smoking H to injecting it that would defo send you sideways!! Lol take care and be safe

I am aware of that. But as I said...most hardcore opiod addicts(and even a lot of the not so hard core addicts) will do what needs to be done in order to take away the HELL that is WD's. MANY of us have been there MANY times...you make a sacrifice or take a risk in order to end the suffering....you'll practically do anything to stop the pain like rob your own family or sell your body. So heating pill matter to feel better is actually one of the lesser risks junkies take in comparison depending on how you look at it, from what perspective, and how often/long it is done. NOT THAT I CONDONE OR RECOMMEND HEATING YOUR PILLS FOR IV USE. PLEASE DON"T DO THAT. AND PLEASE DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO PREVENT FROM PUTTING YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS DECISION "TO HEAT OR NOT TO HEAT".

So...I'm guessing from your response that you don't have any ideas as to how to get around that particular problem? I'm not asking for my benefit...I'm asking for anyone who finds themselves in the same dilemma that I found myself in the past and has been deciding, as I did, that they needed the drugs too much to let the risks of heating a pill shot stop them from going thru with it.

...and of course, you never know, I may find myself an addict again in the future(pray to whomever that doesn't happen) and in that case, a solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated and beneficial to me.
Just crush the pill and cold mix. There's never an excuse to heat pills without a micron filter

Edit : you need to check yourself too... You speak on terms of knowing what a junkie would do and besides it takes one to know one, which you're barely at just in harcore addiction not a full blown junkie shooting whatever junk they can or a fiend who would kill their own mother for a hit. You need to realize you don't know shit. You're not going to have much of a difference making a pill solution if you're using 1 pill and a ml of water per pill even 2 although more than that is usually too much and must be crushed to a powder, which is very easy to do by putting a pill in a spoon and using a second to lay flat on the other and crush the pills then to scrape the powder off into your mixer, and again heating will more likely destroy the goods as most junkies in withdrawals (which I can say as I'm sure as hell I've had more experience than you living through this, which I'm not proud to say) aren't focused enough to carefully heat it and even boil the crap out of it thinking since it still works and it looks like it mixes better it must leave less behind when you're not realizing most opiate pills are pressed to have 100 mg or more weight per pill when there's usually only 5-50 mg per pill and any with more are sustained released formulations made abuse "proof" that should not be injected without proper chemistry extraction knowledge and experience.

Don't spread false information especially by trying to use speculation as evidence. Just because you think you're a junkie and that if you're doing it because you've heard others doing it that doesn't mean everyone does it....

Hell I used to only be able to get crunchy solid "black tar" that would be so cut a beginner would need a quarter gram for a good shot where a tenth may get one well if their lucky enough not to just get a pile of cut because your dealer gave you powder from the bottom of their ounce of more likely quarter to half oz. Honestly heating it didn't nearly work as well as using a pill crusher to turn it to powder where I wouldn't have to heat it yet as you say a junkie will do whatever so I would apply a lighter for 3 seconds at a time although would never let it get to a boil unless it was a careless accident.

Seriously wise up and stop using stuff that no one can handle using and managing on their own without a large supply and enough self control not to kill oneself. By large I mean like a pound of pure Morphine or any other opiate that should last a lifetime with proper management yet without will lead to an insanely large habit of use that will leave one in the worst withdrawals when that pound goes in less than a year.... You really obviously don't understand if you think you can talk for all junkies. At best one can speculate what most junkies probably do, but no one can speak for most junkies.

Last edited:
All im gonna say is stop heating anything it creates a breeding ground for batceria. Bottled water is fine as is. Also if you dont take off the turniquet before you push down the plunger then you risk putting to much pressure in the vein and it causes it literally blow. I pushed in a plunger and pulled the needle out before taking off the turny once when i was new and it sprayed blood onto the wall it was fucked up. Also usually for me when i collapsed a vein the better area of the vein rerouted the blood through a smaller vein making it bigger (or maybe it was a new vien idk.)