Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sick, Twisted & Wrong Jokes - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same argument could be made for any joke in this thread. And as was said in the first post of the Part II of the thread:

The disclaimer for the thread is that you read these at your own risk - if you are likely to be offended by sick jokes then don't read them . Remember that the author of a joke does not necessarily hold the same sort of beliefs, so try not to flame people if you do get offended.

I'm not defending racism, homophobia or sexism; I'm defending the thread in all its goodness depravity. :)

once again the disclaimer says sick and does not imply racism.

please make that your last OT post and send me a PM should you wish to continue ;)

I fully support eggman in that i don't want to discourage anyone of any colour, race, etc from reading bluelight. The forum guidelines are as such that we don't tolerate racsim of any sort - joking or otherwise.

End of discussion.

That's bullshit. The original thread which I started way back in the year 2000 was full of racist jokes. Amongst many other sick twisted and wrong things. The disclaimer was there to be read:
you read these at your own risk - if you are likely to be offended by sick jokes then don't read them . Remember that the author of a joke does not necessarily hold the same sort of beliefs, so try not to flame people if you do get offended.
The original thread doesn't seem to be in the archives, but here's a link to part II. Notice the second joke posted appears to be racist. So unless anyone feels the urge to wade through all the other versions deleting anything "offensive", I don't see why it's a problem now.

Maybe the problem now is that the disclaimer isn't clear enough? But rather than get offended on someone else's behalf, why not set a rule that if anyone has an issue with any of the jokes, they can PM a mod and have it removed. I'd be very surprised if anyone's inbox overflows in a hurry. In the spirit that this thread was started almost 7 years ago, can we please just let the jokes slide?

Oh, and by the way...

Q: What's an Australians idea of foreplay?
A: You awake?

Q: If it takes an IQ of 60 to tie shoelaces, why do so many Australians wear thongs?

Q: Why do birds fly upside down over Australian?
A: It's not worth shitting on.

Q: What's the difference between Aussies and pigs?
A: Pigs don't turn into Aussies when they drink.

If anyone can honestly say that they're offended by that, then seriously, what the fuck are you doing reading a thread entitled "Sick, Twisted & Wrong Jokes"?

:)

Jimity said:
Every other incarnation of this thread (not to mention page one of this thread) is riddled with every form of racist joke. Why is it now an issue?

Hahahahahahahaha! :D

There's a certain schadenfreude in being proven so right sometimes.

Racist comments, joke or otherwise, are a violation of BLUA.

We tried to resolve this matter subtly, this failed so we have no other course of action other than to close it altogether. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.