• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Sick from long term poppy seed tea usage

poppyluv

Bluelighter
I was doing real well from this drink. erased anxiety, insomnia, depression. but my tolerance was getting so high. I began with 3 teaspoons per drink. to 12 teaspoons. up to max 4-5 cups filled with poppy seeds inside a gallon of hot water. and drinking a gallon of tsp tea water a night. that wasn't such a bad experience. I was knodding and having fun. but these 2-3 weeks I stared to get sick. it started when cut down. and now going back up again, I'm getting sick. a few times I felt my respiratory shutting down. I googled and they said might be OD. ok so I decreased again, and now for two weeks I'm having cold and numbed hands and arms. yesterday I thought I lost my hand. it went completely cold with no feeling and can't move. I also feel there isn't oxygen in my brain. i googled this and they said it's a stroke. so I'm freaking out now. going to see a doc today. I've been in this drink 8-10 months. can someone pls advise what's wrong? if u shared similar experience. pls guide me . thx

You don't mention your age or level of fitness etc so I don't know if you can easily rule out a stroke.

Numbness in the hands etc does seem to be repeated quite often when people are going through opiate wd's like your experiencing.

Read up on opiate withdrawal symptoms but do not try and self diagnose, it is good that your seeking medical help.

Bear
(moved from Pillreports)

Yeah, could be withdrawal, but I've never heard of someone loosing control over his hand due to withdrawal.
Are you experiencing any other symptoms of a stroke?
Face Drooping – Does one side of the face droop or is it numb? Ask the person to smile. Is the person's smile uneven?
Speech Difficulty – Is speech slurred? Is the person unable to speak or hard to understand? Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence, like "The sky is blue." Is the sentence repeated correctly?

Sounds like anxiety and panic to me. I guess theoretically withdrawal could bring out health problems that are already there but I've never heard of it causing a stroke. I've gone through PST withdrawal thousands of times on much higher doses. Depression and anxiety are a huge problem. I go to sleep crying and thinking I am going to die constantly.

See a doctor just in case and tell them about the symptoms. You don't necessarily have to tell them about your PST use. If you really want to be completely clean just play dumb and say it is a natural holistic method you read about online and wonder if it is doing something to you.

Saturday night palsy: If you sleep improperly and stress out the nerve in your elbow or hand you will experience a pervasive numbness in your hand. I used to get it when I would nod a lot. I had taken to calling it dumb hand because for days after I would barely be able to use my hand. Your doctor can test this very easily.

I would seek medical help. Noone can diagnose u over the internet. Its why I find webMD to be the stupidest website that just creates panic in people.