• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Sick and tired of Suboxone.. 1 week of heroin then quit?

Thats the whole point though man. The short half life. The Acute withdrawal period of fentanyl is really only 3-5 days and I’ve been through it before. In 2017 I went through a straight up fentanyl withdrawal
And for whatever reason it was no where near as bad as quitting Suboxone.
Instead of using another drug to taper, why not just taper down your use of suboxone?

Instead of using another drug to taper, why not just taper down your use of suboxone?

That is a good question. Idk it’s hard for me to taper Suboxone because even if I take 3 days off it’s like I still am not completely withdrawaling so it’s hard to do it for whatever reason

That is a good question. Idk it’s hard for me to taper Suboxone because even if I take 3 days off it’s like I still am not completely withdrawaling so it’s hard to do it for whatever reason

Why would you take 3 days off on a taper? Tapering means you'd just reduce your dose gradually.

I feel like im missing something.

Maybe the withdrawal isn't going to be that bad. If 3 days into it and you're like, "where is the rest of this shitstorm" then maybe that is all there is going to be to it.

Bottom line, right now you have it as easy as you're going to get it. If you go to heroin, there is no coming back. The withdrawals of suboxone are going to look like a vacation compared to heroin. You are going to struggle not only with giving up the needle, but giving up the new, intense fucking high that comes with heroin.

If you want your life back, stay away from heroin.

Stop trying to justify switching your addiction for the purpose of coming down. Be real with yourself, you're either going to stop or you're not. Pull the bandaid off. Put the needle down and walk away.

Have you thought about using Kratom and the Etizolam together? I've been on 20mg of sub a day for four years, detoxed for about a week like that (except my benzo was clonazepam) and I was tearing up from the relief I felt. Our brains trick the fuck out of us constantly. Fent is probably the worst taper off from sub that I can think of. I personally had your original plan at one point for the exact reasoning. I have my own business and literally can't afford to be out for month+, but with H, you're not too bad at the 14 day mark. But Fent particularly spikes your tolerance excessively fast. Perhaps think of a couple other options? Wish you the best regardless.

I just got given a free bag of good shit by a friend was in powder though I'm used to getting raw rocks but it was good shit

I still have half the beetle left I cant wait any longer ima have it I just hope somehow my main guy gets back in touch to sort me out but I'm just grateful to have some decent stuff and a bit of weed courtesy of another friend ^^

Hang in there op and remember mind over matter ;)

I
I’ve been on Suboxone since August and I fucking hate that I got back on this terrible drug.

Once before I have withdrawn from Suboxone and it was absolute misery for 14 days.

So in all seriousness with a full heart of dedication and entirely understanding the risks involved, does anyone think if I get say 3-5 grams of heroin to use for a week then quit would be beneficial?

the long acting mechanism that is bupe is closely related to the devil.. I feel that if I can use heroin for at least a week maybe some of the longer withdrawals I will experience will be negated? I’m currently not working so right NOW is the time for me to do this...

Now or never really, I also can get my hands on a lot of benzos to help quit..

I’m tired of opiates I want to feel an orgasm again.. help me
Hey there. I've never been on smack but I got addicted to bupe after being on it for ages due to smashed up leg. I was also dependent on other prescribed opioids. What got me straight was replacing it all with Tramadol. The WDs were still there but not nearly as nasty.

I realize Tramadol is a funny one - some people get sick, and for others it does nothing at all ... tbh, did very little for me, except make bupe WD bearable!

If you're not already diazepam dependent ... AAARGH! Don't go there. I've been on Valium for years and I HATE IT. It's a bastard to kick. Physical withdrawals indescribably horrible- I have had seizures trying to kick it.

Don't forget heroin WD can make you have seizures - even if you do have Valium. My cousin had a seizure from trying to quit heroin -and she had Xanax.

I

Hey there. I've never been on smack but I got addicted to bupe after being on it for ages due to smashed up leg. I was also dependent on other prescribed opioids. What got me straight was replacing it all with Tramadol. The WDs were still there but not nearly as nasty.

I realize Tramadol is a funny one - some people get sick, and for others it does nothing at all ... tbh, did very little for me, except make bupe WD bearable!

If you're not already diazepam dependent ... AAARGH! Don't go there. I've been on Valium for years and I HATE IT. It's a bastard to kick. Physical withdrawals indescribably horrible- I have had seizures trying to kick it.

Don't forget heroin WD can make you have seizures - even if you do have Valium. My cousin had a seizure from trying to quit heroin -and she had Xanax.
I've never ever heard of anyone having seizures from heroin or fent WDs. Unless she was also trying to kick benzos.

You will be sick from subs way longer than 1 week, Even if your plan worked you wouldn't be able stop using the heroin (excuseme, fentadope) because that's the reason you're still on subs even though you hate them. They are the lesser of two evils.

Many people, myself included, end up on an endless treadmill of switching to suboxone or kratom to quit a full agonist, then being unable to get off due to the protracted withdrawal and figuring we could switch to a shorter withdrawal drug to get off. And then switching back to the others, ad nauseum. I have never been able to do it, not once. It makes sense in theory, but in practice, the effort is Herculean. You're better off tapering down the suboxone to a few low dose and then jumping off, and jumping right into working out, and use gabapentin or Lyrica to help with the transition/relatively light withdrawals. I HAVE done that several times, and I have also done cold turkey several times. Those have been the only times I've been successful for any length of time.

The logic seems sound..

The long withdrawal is cause it takes so long for the drug to get out of your system, if you use heroin to make up the difference while the bupe is disappearing, then get off the heroin, the withdrawal should go quicker.

I've certainly never attempted something like that, but it makes sense to me.

Just be careful if you haven't used heroin in a while, your tolerance may not be what you're used too.
What? That logic is not even remotely sound. Using heroin to quit sub is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. You should taper slowly off suboxone, that has the best chance of success. If you absolutely must use some kind of replacement, kratom or pregablin. Partial -> Full agonist is no.

Many people, myself included, end up on an endless treadmill of switching to suboxone or kratom to quit a full agonist, then being unable to get off due to the protracted withdrawal and figuring we could switch to a shorter withdrawal drug to get off. And then switching back to the others, ad nauseum. I have never been able to do it, not once. It makes sense in theory, but in practice, the effort is Herculean. You're better off tapering down the suboxone to a few low dose and then jumping off, and jumping right into working out, and use gabapentin or Lyrica to help with the transition/relatively light withdrawals. I HAVE done that several times, and I have also done cold turkey several times. Those have been the only times I've been successful for any length of time.
I can relate. I think last time we talked you were on kratom, is that still the case? Just curious. I tried to get off sub tablets by going on sublocade, but relapsed onto hydromorphone and ended up back on sub at a higher dose. This is like the 3rd time an attempt to better my situation ended up making it worse.

this is a common carousel addicts find themselves in, switch to suboxone to get off dope, then switch back to heroin cause it’s a shorter withdrawal and tell yourself it will be easier,then when it’s time to stop the heroin you tell yourself it’s better to take the suboxone and on and on…withdrawal sucks, no way around it really…I would say if your trying to quit taper your sub as low as you can go then try kratom for a week or two after you make the jump from sub to smoothen out the transition to nothing …

in theory
because I feel you on the orgasm bit it’s totally legitimately a fucking problem
You could go from the subs to (not heroin) because I just: no
an opiod go to oxycodone or some shit like that and then do a 5 day suboxone taper
my friend did a 5 day sub taper when he moved and could not find a dr and was totally left to just suffer
and he said it was easy weaned himself off
and was not even a thing
I think it’s big pharma chaining people to the subs and they know the taper is possible but they want that 💴💰
if someone has legit drug cravings I think yeah methadone, but I know people who are miserable and trapped on subs gained weight and lost all their sex drive and shit on subs addicted to sugar and shit
i told my dr when he tried to push me in that direction that I would cop on the street before I went on it
point blank
I’ve seen too many people change like their personalities change
I have a bad feeling about suboxone specifically
I think I don’t know I’m rambling

I can relate. I think last time we talked you were on kratom, is that still the case? Just curious. I tried to get off sub tablets by going on sublocade, but relapsed onto hydromorphone and ended up back on sub at a higher dose. This is like the 3rd time an attempt to better my situation ended up making it worse.

Nope, I decided to do a last hurrah with poppy pods and got way more addicted than I ever was on kratom. Currently using suboxone to get past the full agonist withdrawal and hopefully taper off that. Right now kratom addiction sounds peachy to me. It's a great example of the endless treadmill I was referring to. Today I took 4mg of suboxone and it held me, the first day I took 16mg and it barely did. Which is crazy, I have never before not gotten a decent high off of 2mg of subxone, but I guess I've never tried to go on it immediately following a run with a full agonist.

I was doing absurd amounts of poppy pods, I don';t even really want to say how much. It's insane how quickly my tolerance went up.

One of the easist opiate kicks I did was when I quit heroin once. I waited almost a whole day the next day in withdrawal and took about 60 mgs of methadone only once. Then took some codeine a night or two later and eased down. This was many years before we knew gabapentinoids are a good help so that would have helped too.

Yeah I would not use heroin for a week, but maybe you can get one solid dose of methadone and take it when you are plenty sick and then ride it out after that. The plan mentioned in the title will just lead back to heroin. And for now it is fentanyl.

I can not imagine a 20 minute half life of fentanyl. Sounds crappy. I really wish all dope users would boycott fentanyl until some actual heroin comes back. Poppy tea is pure gold in 2021 and a much better but rarer option. I remember when pods were a dime a dozen.

I love pods, I find them much easier to stay on a stable dose then heroin, I simmer a pound then defat the extract and end up with a nice pod extract that I like to break up into almost a powder, throw a teaspoon or 2 in my morning coffee and I’m good till it’s time to go to bed, when I feel like getting a nice buzz I’ll take 750-1000mg phenibut and a couple grams of kratom

I’ve been on Suboxone since August and I fucking hate that I got back on this terrible drug.

Once before I have withdrawn from Suboxone and it was absolute misery for 14 days.

So in all seriousness with a full heart of dedication and entirely understanding the risks involved, does anyone think if I get say 3-5 grams of heroin to use for a week then quit would be beneficial?

the long acting mechanism that is bupe is closely related to the devil.. I feel that if I can use heroin for at least a week maybe some of the longer withdrawals I will experience will be negated? I’m currently not working so right NOW is the time for me to do this...

Now or never really, I also can get my hands on a lot of benzos to help quit..

I’m tired of opiates I want to feel an orgasm again.. help me
One or two weeks of H then stopping you’ll be more dope sick than you were coming off subs. Plus it’s not worth it to ride the H train!