Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shroom harvesting 101

Freedome

Bluelighter
Maybe if someone’s started a 2019 mushroom season thread this could be moved there, but I’m having trouble finding it at the moment, due to more important information.

And here it is.

Psilosybe subs are around, and have been for a few weeks. Some call them the winter shroom. Other drug slang used for the same product include blue meanies, gold or golden tops.
These names are just that, slang, and I could see how loss in Aussie translation has led us down the road of arguing over a name that’s not real. Grow up. There’s no scientific blue meanie, or a golden top in Australia. Anyway. To get that off my chest.

The other shroom found up north is the psilosybe cubensis. Slightly weaker per weight, and pop out in the warmer months (don’t quote me on that. I’m a southerner, the subs are my specialty).

Ok, now, congrats on identifying these gifts from Mother Nature. Not that I helped that, with the above. But identifying isn’t why I’m here today.

I’m here to express my dissatisfaction with the respect for these wonderful things.

I’ve been to 4 of my great spots that I have visited for the past 6-7 years. These spots have kept me as happy as I need for a year each harvest.

Now, either people need re education on this, or need to listen up.

I take no more than 20%-%30 of whats there, some years have yielded massive, some not so. But its always enough. I do know others have used these spots in the past too. So it’s not like I feel their only mine.

But here’s a fact, you pull that mushroom out of the ground like a carrot....guess what..? You’ve just destroyed part of a mycelium system that could have grown many a shroom for years to come. Use sissors to cut them.

Leave pins, pins are small subs that haven’t had the opportunity to break their veil and spread their spores. It’s greedy to take these. Many more could come from letting it grow. Yes they look cool, and are fairly potent, but please, leave them be.

Have some respect for one of nature’s greatest gifts peoples. Or they’ll die out like the fkn coral reef.

And for those who don’t take them due to just wanting profit, and by avoiding broadening your mind, wake up. Put the glassy down. And I sarcastically hope you don’t end up needing special services to get you out of a mineshaft.

Thanks for your time peeps. Keep safe and happy tripping.

Last edited:
In the UK, Psilocybe semilanceata (liberty caps) seem to be a dying species - possibly due to the irresponsible picking you describe. In the 80s they were fuckin everywhere - grass verges, parks, golf courses, people's gardens etc. But now you have to travel out to the hills to find a couple of hundred maggot ridden specimens. I used to be able to pick a couple of thousand from my local park in an hour or so.

Increased use of fungicides no doubt has a lot to do with it, but I used to wince when I saw other people just ripping them out of the ground. The mycelium IS the fungus, the mushrooms are just the fruiting body. Damage to the mycelium takes years to recover.

It’s a very sad thing. And I’m afraid, well convinced, that this post won’t change a thing. (Please be someone reading this with interest, understanding and consideration for what I’m pointing out to all I can, pass the word on).

Please peeps. If you want to try something study the shit out of it first.

I’ve asked all the peoples in my area if they could consider putting off a year or 2 of hunting. Because I’m close I’ll be keeping a close eye as things go the next few years.

Unfortunately a lot of the pickers are newbies. Ran into an older lady and her husband looking for their lost daughter who just got her P plates.
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling she wouldn’t have driven that commodore on wet dirt roads for nothing but a few wheel spins......

If I wasn’t out there looking for my new puppy that took off as I was taking a piss, I’d take 20-30%..... ?

Please peeps. If you see or hear of ruthless folk who like to shit where they sleep. Teach them about basic harvesting. It’s a huge part of being a picker, or wanting to give it a go.
If you buy shrooms and theirs roots coming from the stem, question the seller why. If they picked them, tell them they caused long term repairing of the damaged mycelium, and please explain what I’m getting at here.

I want to leave this earth before I see fellow beings creating an extinction due to poor education.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’ve also read that there is a mushroom, non psychedelic, and it can take over other mushrooms, like a weed. Now, I don’t know if their around these parts. But an ID on these would be great, and a way to slow down the growth, or stop it completely.

I’ve seen about 20 different species this year that are not psychoactive. Some cool looking ones too. Its funny scouting as a study. Rather than heading out to pick just to have a 6 hour space travel... mmmmmm, good times.

Last edited:
Thanks andy.

Its been amazing conditions this year where I am. Lots of rain, then the odd sunny day, so fkn cold.

After this I’m going to look into mycology, there’s so many different varieties, heaps, all in bunch’s. And I want to know if I can remove the unwanted ones permanently.
I haven’t found a sub bunch of more than 4 this year.