Info Showing Images In Posts

dalpat077

Bluelighter
Hello.

I've checked the FAQ thread and followed the instructions but I cannot get an image to appear in a post. The error is "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact an Administrator".

I've uploaded the images to a thing called "Imgur" and can see the images there with their link. But as soon as I put the link in a post using the "Insert image" icon then that's when the above error appears.

Is there a certain maximum size that these pictures can be (although these are by no means out of the ordinary size pics.)?

Only thing I didn't do is actually register on that "Imgur" site. Is this possibly the problem?

Tried with my own Google Drive (uploaded the images there) also and same error (don't even know if this would work but was worth a try).

Just paste the link in the post, see if that works.

I'm not sure how it works, but I think some images have some kind of built in copyright protection that's prevents you from sharing/reusing them . The only way around this I've found is to take a screenshot of the image and crop it, then upload to imgur as usual.

could be completely wrong though. If so disregard ;)

Hello.

Thanks. I just figured it out (and YOU @PrincessDiz are gonna love my one pic. I just know it).

From what I gather (or the only way that worked for me):

You have to register with them and then use the BBCode link in your post (there are four different options of links to copy and paste from so it's the BBCode one that works) (it actually says for "Forums" or something like that).

But thanks.

Hello.

Thanks. I just figured it out (and YOU @PrincessDiz are gonna love my one pic. I just know it).

From what I gather (or the only way that worked for me):

You have to register with them and then use the BBCode link in your post (there are four different options of links to copy and paste from so it's the BBCode one that works) (it actually says for "Forums" or something like that).

But thanks.

You don't need to register, but you do need to ensure you get the URL of the actual image (a URL which ends in .jpg/png) when using our BBCode tags. The default URL imgur gives you is actually an HTML link to a page on their site, and not to the image itself.

You can find the real .jpg URL a few different ways as a non-registered user but clicking "view image" or "open image in new tab/window" and then copying the subsequent URL is pretty straightforward.

Alternatively, paste the default URL from imgur directly into Bluelight, without any BBCode image tags at all, and the image will display contained within an imgur box direct from their site. Sometimes this method does give people access to your other image content though, so beware of that potential privacy issue.

What if you're trying to post a picture from a file like a selfie of yourself and not a picture from a URL link? When posting, I click the picture icon and it only gives me the option for a URL not an option to upload picture.