• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Shout out to the AcO boys!

Def wouldn’t take no 100mg lol but yes it’s good shit. Sad I’m getting down to my last bit, but I’ve got decent mushrooms now whenever need be so that helps ease my suffering.

-GC

Nice! yeah 4-AcO-DMT is a quality drug. Do you find it substantially different from mushrooms" I definitely do, as do many others, but some people say they're basically the same. Just wondering how you feel about it.

Doesnt strike me as a prodrug of psilocin particularly at high doses - its much more like orsl dmt with its own distinct feel and twist.

Nice! yeah 4-AcO-DMT is a quality drug. Do you find it substantially different from mushrooms" I definitely do, as do many others, but some people say they're basically the same. Just wondering how you feel about it.
I have no experience with 4-ACO-DMT but I don't believe it being anything but a psilocin prodrug.

It has very little affinity for any receptor at all, and in general, most acetyl-esters are prodrugs (e. heroin).
Personally, I believe it's just a placebo, a difference due to one being a powder, the other being raw organic matter.

i quite liked 4AcO-MET, suppose its really similar to 4AcO-DMT. Is that so?

I have no experience with 4-ACO-DMT but I don't believe it being anything but a psilocin prodrug.

It has very little affinity for any receptor at all, and in general, most acetyl-esters are prodrugs (e. heroin).
Personally, I believe it's just a placebo, a difference due to one being a powder, the other being raw organic matter.

The visuals are very different and basicly like dmt.
The duration is basicly exactly like mushrooms though.

I'd also like to give a special mention to the HO boys out there. Don't get me started on the FUK-boys or 3-eMo boys...

In all seriousness though, the last time I gave 4-Aco-DMT to a group of people they were all convinced it felt more like DMT than mushrooms. I just told them it was somewhere in between and carried on blowing their minds with my sorcery.

Nah hooh - im not a placebo man - dmt has a very distinct signature. Recognised it as dmt the first time i pushed the dose.

Has anyone taken psilocin powder and 4aco so they could compare for us?

Have you eaten really high doses of mushrooms that would be the equivalent of 100mg of 4 Aco DMT?
I get the feeling mushrooms become a lot more DMT like in very high doses as well.

I've never taken DMT before, but when I take 4-AcO-DMT I always think "this is exactly what slow DMT would be like". I know it sounds implausible that someone who hasn't taken DMT would be able to accurately identify the DMT character, but I swear I can tell. I believe I've had this impression before I read anyone likening 4-AcO-DMT to DMT, so I don't think it's down to suggestion. I think if you've tried enough psychedelics and read enough trip reports, you can read between the lines. I swear 4-AcO-DMT is "orally active DMT" - like ayahuasca without the psychotropic effects of the MAOIs.

I find 4-AcO-DMT to be a lot different from mushrooms. Probably as different from mushrooms as 4-AcO-MET felt. It's much smoother, tranquil, sedentary, deep, fractal. Less of a wild and goofy bumpy ride. To be fair though, I think I've only taken 4-AcO-DMT 4 times so I could be over-reporting.

btw the best 4AcO tryptamine i ever had is still 4AcO-DiPT. wonder why it doesnt show up nowadys, every other tryptamine seems to be available.

Reactions: SKL
People who say that 4-AcO-DMT is the same as Mushrooms probably have never taken it yet. It is much different in my opinion Visually and you can do things with it you can do with the organic matter. Like put it into a syringe and inject it directly into your blood stream. This produces the "DMT flash" except it lasts for two hours and is not for the faint of heart. When I'd shot up 75mgs a few months ago I got straight swallowed by a tidal wave of fractals and shot like a spaceship straight thru to the heart of hyperspace. And even after I came down some the rapidly moving geometric patterns remained in the air around my apartment. During the peak I couldn't even speak and damn near forgot I ever was a human. It was even stronger than any experience I've had smoking Freebase DMT.

I don’t think they’re the same either. And neither is heroin to morphine (6-MAM hits on receptors morphine can’t).

But... They’re close enough where I can use them somewhat interchangeably for similar purposes.

4-AcO-DMT feels like oral DMT to me, whereas mushrooms feel they have their own unique character. Especially when you start to try different species.

The only time I had 4-AcO that felt more like mushrooms was I got a batch that wasn’t pure white like all the others, it was brown. That batch happened to be more potent but also a bit rougher around the edges similar to mushrooms, visuals were also more mushroom like.

Mushroom visuals are flowy, stuff like furniture moving around, wallpaper looking like it’s on a roller, objects bending and waving, colors transitioning from dark to light. 4-AcO has visuals more like DMT, lots of fractals and rainbow colors.

I think mushrooms still fascinate me with all the other alkaloids present. Gymnopilus have kava like lactones, wood lovers might paralyze you, they’re just all around cool to me.

-GC

can someone explain the qualitative difference between 4-AcO and psilocin? I've never done AcO. Only lots of mushrooms and DMT.

How is it different if it is simply a prodrug for psilocin?

4-AcO-DMT feels like oral DMT to me, whereas mushrooms feel they have their own unique character. Especially when you start to try different species.
I am astounded at how different say Azurescens vs Cubensis are. Azurescens felt almost like a different psychedelic compared to other mushooms. 1/2 gram gave me a full blown trip. I remember closing my eyes and staring at an abyss that seemed to go on for eternity. Now I know it sounds like any other psychedelic and the differring effects but it was different. A cold North West type feeling and I got the feeling that like Salvia, the mushroom has to like you. :) Very strange. I wish I lived in Oregon. I was gifted about 20 grams of freshly dried some years back.

100 mgs of 4-AcO-DMT would give me about 6 trips. 15-18 mgs with smoked cannabis is full on for me. 100 mgs is an insane amount. lol

The whole prodrug and differering effects are interesting and not sure we will get a clear answer anytime soon. But I can confirm high dose mushrooms, 7 + grams feels a lor more like DMT with the lush life like visuals. I could not begin to comment on the differering effects. I also think batches of LSD are different depending on a lot of factors. I just don't know.

Last edited: