• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids should i really eat 10 grams of poppy pods??

kratomman420

Bluelighter
I have looked around the internet, and i got this information from several people, dried poppy pods are usually 1% morphine, and that i should eat 10 grams of poppy pods atleast to get high.

the problem is 1% of 10000 mg is 100 mg, so wouldn't i be oding from 100 mg of morphine all at once?? i usually eat 15 mg of morphine if i'm doing it and i'm good, so should i eat a gram and half?

Take in to consideration the fact that you're eating unrefined plant matter with a highly variable rate of whatever or whatever.
I mean I'd probably eat that much but I'd recommend you eat like hal--

How are you gonna take 'em? Are you gonna like eat 'em raw or make tea or what?
I read about like one report of someone ODing on that but I mean... I dunno.

There's this dude on BDD posting about the same thing and how badass it is.
I'm just sayin'.

Take in to consideration the fact that you're eating unrefined plant matter with a highly variable rate of whatever or whatever.
I mean I'd probably eat that much but I'd recommend you eat like hal--

How are you gonna take 'em? Are you gonna like eat 'em raw or make tea or what?
I read about like one report of someone ODing on that but I mean... I dunno.

im powdering them and capping them out and eating the caps
i know there is a big variable of potency, but whats like a range of the safe amount to eat

Eat 5 wait an hour eat another 5 wait another hour n if u havent nodded off to heaven eat other 5 ?

depending on the actual potency of the plant is all you can base his on, and it's always best to start LOW, then work your way up. If there's one thing I've seen over and over on here, it's that you should start little on these, because you can never Take too little, but you can always take too much! And that could mean death if handled improperly.

Your name is kratom, I'd try to stick with that plant instead of messing with pods and their potencies. if you really think this is a viable question, you probably need to do some more serious research rather than hoping to pop the right amount of seeds to "get high". From wha I'm gathering I'm sure you'd get floored off of kratom itself, so why switch to something with more addictive alkaloids? withdrawal isn't fun with this one.

Just a heads up.

Last edited:
depending on the actual potency of the plant is all you can base his on, and it's always best to start LOW, then work your way up. If there's one thing I've seen over and over on here, it's that you should start little on these, because you can never Take too little, but you can always take too much! And that could mean death if handled improperly.

Your name is kratom, I'd try to stick with that plant instead of messing with pods and their potencies. if you really think this is a viable question, you probably need to do some more serious research rather than hoping to pop the right amount of seeds to "get high". From wha I'm gathering I'm sure you'd get floored off of kratom itself, so why switch to something with more addictive alkaloids? withdrawal isn't fun with this one.

Just a heads up.

I'm not so sure it would be worse withdrawals, im seriously addicted to kratom (atleast 2 ounces a day) and those withdrawals last 3-9 months for me, id much rather do poppy pods, those withdrawals last a week or 2 at the most, i know i should start low, but how low? like a half gram, a gram, an eigth?

My first response when I read your title was "YES ALWAYS TAKE MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF OPIATES!" but that's probably not solid advice coming from me since I tend to enjoy opiates quite well. Good luck

I'm not so sure it would be worse withdrawals, im seriously addicted to kratom (atleast 2 ounces a day) and those withdrawals last 3-9 months for me, id much rather do poppy pods, those withdrawals last a week or 2 at the most, i know i should start low, but how low? like a half gram, a gram, an eigth?

Wow dude 56 grams of kratom a day. Bullshit. How would 15mg of morphine orally get you right if you are taking that much kratom. You are completely underestimating your tolerance to opiates lol, 2 ounces of kratom is IMO equal to atleast a few hundred milligrams of oxy a day.

Start low but don't he surprised if you don't feel shit, you are lying to yourself if you think your tolerance is 15mgs of morphine if your taking 2 ounces of kratom a day unless it's seriously bunk.

I started at an ounce of kratom a day to get off a pretty large opiate addiction and lowered it to 15 grams within the first week. Kratom definitely will maintain or build an opiate tolerance. 8 grams of plain leaf gets me pretty high now, I try to keep my usage to under 10 grams a day as I wanna taper off but I'd be lying to myself if I didn't acknowledge the fact that even with kratom I'm most definetely still physically dependent on opiates because kratom is essentially just another opiate, albeit much safer and harder to abuse then poopy derived opiates.

Last edited:
harder to abuse then poopy derived opiates.[/QUOTE]

Lol poopy opiates. But I would second the entire post, coming off of a 2mg sub habit 8g would keep me well all day (reg bali). 15mg oral morphine is comparable to a perc 5, so I'm unsure where the ops tolerance lies.

Poppies have huge variation in morphine percentage. In Tas they have made different strength ones Tas is the worlds biggest supplier. 3/4 comes from there so it all depend on which sort. Do you know about ''Norman'' If not google the GM Poppy norman and you'll see what I mean. Life aint as simple as it once was. Peace.

sorry i forgot to respond everyone, the way kratom works for me, theres not a complete cross tolerance, ie, i could use 1 fourth or less of the equal dose of opiates, thats why 15 mg of morphine would work, but i would probaly need around a 100 mg over the day to stay not sick, im not really sure tho, i havent done morphine all day to keep withdrawals away, and back when i used it, it was always 15 mg WITH atleaast 7 grams of kratom to get feeling good, not 15 mg alone

2 ounces of kratom is IMO equal to atleast a few hundred milligrams of oxy a day.

I have to say I disagree with this - for me at least. I've got a healthy kratom habit now. I dose 4x a day, usually at 7.5-10 grams per dose. I've been at this level of use for a few years now. I definitely don't think that this level of kratom use is even close to a few hundred mg OC habit.

In the past, I've had a few heavy pill habits, including a 300 mg per day OC habit. Many years before that, I had a pretty heavy IV dope habit.

At my current 'heavy' kratom use, my dependence/withdrawal profile isn't even close to how it was with OC. I can work through a cold turkey kick from my kratom use with some serious discomfort, but nothing approaching the utter horror that comes with cold turkeying from 300 mg of oxy, or a gram of dope a day.

Just my experience.

Either way, I absolutely agree that kratom is a FAR safer route then traditional opiates, including pods or poppy seed tea.

I never liked eating pod grounds, always preferred tea. Just take a half cup grounds, steep n strain. kicks in faster, overall better feel imo.

I never liked eating pod grounds, always preferred tea. Just take a half cup grounds, steep n strain. kicks in faster, overall better feel imo.

Yeah just make a tea/decoction of the pods. I have never done this but a friend of mine has, and he would mix lemon juice and sugar into it. Stay safe.