• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Should I bother giving a Methaqualone a try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anticipated this response. He was already found guilty: lab independent.of the state confirmed methaqulone.

Oh Yeah!

The first time That I had a Sopor(Quaalude) was when I was discharged from the Army in '71. I was suffering from chronic insomnia due to combat.I had never heard of these things before. Took one 300mg tablet before going to bed and within 20 min. was sound asleep. Didn't get high because the sleep kicked in before the high. About the 5th time taking them, I stayed awake for some reason or another and that's when the most amazing feeling that I've ever had kicked in. Absolute pure euphoria. Like nothing I've ever felt before. I was told by friends that these pills where called methaqualone and were now very popular. I definately understood why. They were peach colored tablets and had a capital A S on one side. They were also made in two lighter doses of 150mg (lemon colored and smaller)and an even smaller tablet of 75mg (light green in color). But the two smaller doses were rarely seen. They were made by a company called Arnar Stone (hence the AS stamped on the tabs). I soon found out that other companies were producing this med with other brand names. The most popular being the Sopors and Quaaludes. But there were other pretty rarely seen brands such as Parest-400 (made by Parke Davis and were dark blue and mint green capsules). Some other very rare brands were Optimil,Somnafac-Forte, and the Canadian Mandrax. The absolute best were the Sopors because all the other brands had 50mg of antihistamine along with the methaqualone. The Sopors were pure methaqualone and the high was exceptional. I took these to get high on from '71 until '84-'85, when they were then banned. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. I've been trying to get these things since then and never have. There were plenty of bootleg 714s at first but they weren't really methaqualone but high doses of benzos. Not even close. I'd cut my left hand off for a 100 script. Not another high like it; and I've done every drug known to man.Dilaudid,Heroin,Seconals, Tuinals,etc. It seems like the only place in the world that you can get it is South Africa and India. Anybody want to go? I went to both Canada and Mexico in '02 and no dice. I've heard that you can still get them legally in Canada if you're in hospice. Well, maybe sometime in the future for me! Finally, I heard that the reason they were banned in the U.S. in '84 was because the daughter of a powerful Senator from Florida named Paula Hawkins, got into an accident while high on Ludes and beer. She wasn't seriously injured but mommy blamed it on the ludes. Yeah, like it was the meds fault and not her darling little girl for getting ripped by mixing the two. The methaqualone high is much nicer just on its own, without mixing it with anything else. And as far as them being extremely physically addicting; well I took them on almost a daily basis for about 13 years, and when they stopped making them, I had no discomfort whatsoever. And if anyone was going to go through cold turkey detox, it should have been me. I was pissed off but not sick in any way. But maybe that was just the way my brain is wired, who knows. Any of you younger folks out there that wants to know what the high was like. Like nothing I've had before or since. You really missed out on a beautiful feeling. But now it's just a pipe dream. You'll never see the likes of them (methaqualone) in this country again. A long and sad story, I know, but these were the best times of my life and thought some would enjoy my personal methaqualone trip. And maybe a little nostalgia for those that were there. Peace.

Last edited:
The "714"'s (Rorer) were highly addictive...we used to get monthly shipments (starting in the late 70's) I saw a lot of friends go down hard using 1-2 tabs' everyday.

I tried Mandrax twice when I was 12 yo ( I know, I was an early drug user, started at 9). Anyway, this headbanger in my area got them from his older brother who was in high school. He used to smoke them.

The first time I took it I ate half a tablet and was amazingly fucked up. I remember laughing alot and feeling super drunk but it was different. I can still sort of imagine it, the feeling was incredibly powerful. The second time I smoked it and after the second hit I was brought to my knees and passed out. It made me sick.

Over the years I have often thought about how great it would be to try taking them orally as an adult with experience under my belt. I would not, however, reccommend smoking it. Stay away from that.

Pharmaceutical methaqualone is NOT available ANYWHERE in the world.
Bottom line, they are just are not made anymore.

Yeah just the illicit stuff is still available here in ZA. Thanks for reminding me about this, I have'nt gotten from my guy yet, keep forgetting and getting crystal instead, ill try this weekend and let you guys know how it goes.

memories....

The first time That I had a Sopor(Quaalude) was when I was discharged from the Army in '71. I was suffering from chronic insomnia due to combat.I had never heard of these things before. Took one 300mg tablet before going to bed and within 20 min. was sound asleep. Didn't get high because the sleep kicked in before the high. About the 5th time taking them, I stayed awake for some reason or another and that's when the most amazing feeling that I've ever had kicked in. Absolute pure euphoria. Like nothing I've ever felt before. I was told by friends that these pills where called methaqualone and were now very popular. I definately understood why. They were peach colored tablets and had a capital A S on one side. They were also made in two lighter doses of 150mg (lemon colored and smaller)and an even smaller tablet of 75mg (light green in color). But the two smaller doses were rarely seen. They were made by a company called Arnar Stone (hence the AS stamped on the tabs). I soon found out that other companies were producing this med with other brand names. The most popular being the Sopors and Quaaludes. But there were other pretty rarely seen brands such as Parest-400 (made by Parke Davis and were dark blue and mint green capsules). Some other very rare brands were Optimil,Somnafac-Forte, and the Canadian Mandrax. The absolute best were the Sopors because all the other brands had 50mg of antihistamine along with the methaqualone. The Sopors were pure methaqualone and the high was exceptional. I took these to get high on from '71 until '84-'85, when they were then banned. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. I've been trying to get these things since then and never have. There were plenty of bootleg 714s at first but they weren't really methaqualone but high doses of benzos. Not even close. I'd cut my left hand off for a 100 script. Not another high like it; and I've done every drug known to man.Dilaudid,Heroin,Seconals, Tuinals,etc. It seems like the only place in the world that you can get it is South Africa and India. Anybody want to go? I went to both Canada and Mexico in '02 and no dice. I've heard that you can still get them legally in Canada if you're in hospice. Well, maybe sometime in the future for me! Finally, I heard that the reason they were banned in the U.S. in '84 was because the daughter of a powerful Senator from Florida named Paula Hawkins, got into an accident while high on Ludes and beer. She wasn't seriously injured but mommy blamed it on the ludes. Yeah, like it was the meds fault and not her darling little girl for getting ripped by mixing the two. The methaqualone high is much nicer just on its own, without mixing it with anything else. And as far as them being extremely physically addicting; well I took them on almost a daily basis for about 13 years, and when they stopped making them, I had no discomfort whatsoever. And if anyone was going to go through cold turkey detox, it should have been me. I was pissed off but not sick in any way. But maybe that was just the way my brain is wired, who knows. Any of you younger folks out there that wants to know what the high was like. Like nothing I've had before or since. You really missed out on a beautiful feeling. But now it's just a pipe dream. You'll never see the likes of them (methaqualone) in this country again. A long and sad story, I know, but these were the best times of my life and thought some would enjoy my personal methaqualone trip. And maybe a little nostalgia for those that were there. Peace.

This post brings back memories. I feel pretty much the same way and my experiences were similar. Orange AS's, Rorer 714's, Parrest 400's, etc. Parties, sex parties.....

BEST. DRUG. EVER.

As to the addictive aspect, I don't believe it. I've never known anyone to have ANY kind of withdrawal. The downside was the friends I lost in car crashes. It made you feel so good and like you could do anything. They got behind the wheel and never came home. I was lucky. Still here.

I'e just got some black market methaqualone, whilst i'm certain it's genuine it is not what I was expecting. First off it was a brown powder, cleaned it up to white crystals and lost a fair bit.

200mg did a bit, today i'm 3h into 400mg. still got 50mg so about to eat tht. It's not the holy grail i was looking for, absolutely no way. Far superior to the other rc 'ludes, but it's actually pretty damn boring. I'm wobbly, light headed but no euphoria. Now, I have a skyhigh benzo tolerance, and opiates do nothing for me until overdose level. I wonder if these factors contribute but I'm really upset, been looking for this stuff for ages.

Of course it's probably good for others, but this isn't anything worthwhile to me :( Feel a bit sick too. Might not bother with the other 50mg actually.

Seems to last a lot longer than the other ones though.

Only PCP on the list left to track down now. I like my ket, i'm sure it'll pop round one unexpected day.

e: feel a bit higher all of a sudden, silly grin has deeloped.. :)

Last edited:
If you only got a g I wouldn't have bothered cleaning it. I wonder could it be smoked?

Yeah THC, maybe we could round up some old lude heads from the '70s and charter a plane!!! :)

How I wish I were in SAfrica!!! I was very young maybe 16, I do not believe od even tried pot when a boyfriend introduced me. I am not up to speed on amounts but I know there were three type of tables. The highly coveted USV which was brand name doriden, MD's preferred generic gluthethemide. Lastly HDs also generic but they were always the last to be around after the others were purchased on the lower east side NY. To think I was picky, I'd take an HD with no complaint today. We generally took them with codeine #4 or two tylenol wcodeine #3s. Hense nick names one on ones, hits, sets etc. Just be cautious because they r strong and esp with the codeine can lead to nodding and dreams. Perhaps try with a friend so someone is need. I live in the USA where unfortunately they have been out of production for years. In fact the pills we got were obtained by a pharmacist who bought up a bunch when they decided to do away with them. Otherwise I'd never have had them either. If u choose just be safe and start with maybe a half on a half.

^We don't use SWIM and please don't post (particulary in an old thread) if you don't have anything valuable to add and please use the edit function, so that you don't post 4 times in a row

Ludes really weren't that special for me, but Doriden (Glutethimide) and Codeine were the greatest. In my area of NJ they were known as "hits", pure long lasting euphoria and bliss, long lasting high. I remember the MD 529 and HD 550 and the R 3870 and GG 185 generics which were not bad. Sadly Doriden was discontinued in '93, no more USV 354's. I still dream about them. Nothing can compare to my beloved Doriden and Codeine, the best stone on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.