• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Should I be concerned about my Facebook friends?

Legally High

Bluelighter
People know the ...sensitive information... of my past and current, and I do not want it to interfere with my position I am in for a living. I am sure someone else here has this issue, what do you do?

Cancel your facebook... that's what I did years ago and I haven't ever missed it. If you're concerned, all you can do is get rid of it. Unless everything incriminating is posted by you, in which case you can delete it all. But if it's also posted by others, not much you can do except get rid of it. You could always open a new one with a different email and make sure to keep it clean.

They are a data mining machine. Whatever you posted was viewed and possibly copied. Point is, delete that account. They are bad for many reasons. If you use it and post square, pedestrian vanilla stuff, they still suck, but that's just common stuff. Less of a big deal, but just delete it.
th

Agreed, I'm really over it. I dislike my personal information being their product.

I'd enjoyed it for awhile connecting with old friends. But there is so much drama on there i try to avoid it. I never post anything that could be considered incriminating. As time goes by i log in less and less, sometimes once a week. Mostly i just post pictures of the food i cook.

If i wanna talk about drugs i come here :)

Is there some 'open' alternative to facebook yet? Like duckduckgo for google or protonmail for gmail.
They stole my idea btw, thought of something similar in fucking 2002 or so. Even started to code but never published anything because, well a social network made by some loner won't have much success. Not that I think to be the only one but certainly they are making too much money out of a common concept.
You knew the initial intent behind making FB was Zuckerberg & friend wanting to know which of the classmate girls were single? lol

Only reason why I didn't already delete the account is that people are more constantly reachable over FB, mobile numbers can change a lot and private mails are kind of a thing of the past ...

Only reason why I didn't already delete the account is that people are more constantly reachable over FB, mobile numbers can change a lot and private mails are kind of a thing of the past ...

It means that there's some stinky stuff in your social life, if you're friend are indeed your wolves -- your comrades! Then you should be able to not only call'em but also f2f. After all, you make your own bed. Regarding social media, it's a known matter and it has been explored in any way. Posting your life in a virtual world, will never but never stop and you want it or not -- you have to agree with it.

People know the ...sensitive information... of my past and current, and I do not want it to interfere with my position I am in for a living. I am sure someone else here has this issue, what do you do?
I made the mistake of joining a semi unofficial bluelight group on Facebook with my real account. That is how the dipshit got my personal info such as name and general location to call CPS a month before my daughter's first birthday.

It all worked out in the end but it was the most stressful, scariest, anxiety ridden, months of my life.

Luckily my boss knows my past and the less illegal present or that couldve been bad news. It hasn't stopped shit heads like @ChemicalSmiles and @Way|0st from leaving libelous reviews of me. Thankfully yelp and other review sites have measures in place to remove them if they are false.

I now only use Facebook to stay in contact with some family I would otherwise not.

I thought about missing out of parties and stay i connect with ppl and I think if it doesn’t reach me without Facebook it isn’t worth bothering..
I do miss ou on work opportunities and open calls for exhibitions, thats sucks alittle but if feel soo much better now without Facebook.
I can’t be part of something that’s really destroying privacy and democracy..
There are no one who talks about or rights and privacy.. everything just get more and more controlled and surveillanced, its dam scary.

The police are now trying out a new method In sweden where they install a trojan on or devices to monitor microphone, video and mirror the screen in real time. To do it they only need to suspect that you are/have or are going to do a crime that gives 2yrs in prioson. So basically they can do this to annybody cause a small crime could in twisted words lead to 2yrs... they can also if they dont are able to reach the phone or computer that they want to target they can be allowed to go in to some neare like a friend or respective.. so yeah this is fucked up.
Its sounds like the cannabis paranoia ppl talked about 8yrs ago buts its real. Data surveillance is sick.
And Facebook is just a makeup for to get info so much info it can from all you do..

Ive also been invited to “secret” drugmarkets group on facebook hehe..

recently got fed up with it again and poofed myself. Now im back on here again, yea mane. fuck data mining

I deleted my personal FB and just made a professional one for work with only work related contacts as friends. I never like anything and never comment anything - but I can keep track of what is going on professionally more easily. Have not missed my personal one which I used Tito look at 3-4 hours a day. Time better spent here.

I deleted mine and don't miss it a bit. If someone wants to talk to me, they'll find me.

Mine was total shitposting and memes anyway but all my groups that were funny have turned into political or racial hate groups so I'm out.

Everyone ; your creditors, your landlords are FB searching you.

Bluelight is my only form of "social media". Facebook and Twitter are asanine and I get depressed and/or angry every time I try to go on there and actually read content. I do have my account still so that I can be an administrator of my band's page, which we use for business/marketing. But that's it. I haven't even logged into my Facebook in like 6 months, it is not a part of my life anymore at all. And my life is better for it.