• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Shortec 5mg and the preparation thereof for IV

bobsm1th

Greenlighter
Hi Guys, new bluelighter here, UK based. I'm prescribed Shortec 5mg IR Oxycodone HCL, which i want to have a go at shooting.
The Shortecs are capsules, and i've read that Oxy HCL is water soluble but when i add water to them there seems to be hardly any change in the amount of powder in the bottom of the beaker. So i'm unsure that the Oxy has dissolved into the water.
I've IV'd brown for a decade or so so my first inclination was to try and cook with citric. haha. a bubbling spitting mess, and a lesson why these things should be researched.
So my question really is if any UK bluelighters, or anyone else for that matter, has prepared Shortecs for IV? and if so, how?

thanks for your time,
bob

I'll honestly say I never had any good results from trying to iv oxy. Not as good as the morphine based counterparts. It works wonders nasally where it would cause me to nod at low doses and orally worked well enough. I could speculate why, but I won't try.

I'll let someone else recommend what to do with the pill. You could draw the solution and filter it through a micron filter and worst case scenario it is still in the powder. I honestly think the powder left is filler, but know nothing of these pills.

Based on the fillers in this Shortec this should be a straight forward, crush, add water, filter situation. I am unfamiliar with the particular brand being in the USA.

The amount of powder will probably not be noticeably less when the oxy is dissolved. A 5mg amount of powder is an incredibly small amount. It's unbelievable how a tiny amount of powder can have such an effect on humans. I was shocked at how little powder is in a stamp bag back when I lived in New Jersey.

Below you can see the fillers. It's not safe to shoot pills. Oxy in particular does not give much more when shooting vs just eating them. But I know how it is once you start using a needle, it's part of the experience.

6.1 List of excipients
Cellulose, microcrystalline
Magnesium stearate
Titanium dioxide (E171)
Iron oxide (E172)
Indigo carmine (E132)
Sunset Yellow (E110) (5 mg capsules only)
Sodium laurilsulfate
Gelatin
The capsules are printed with ink containing shellac, iron oxide (E172) and propylene glycol.

Thanks for the replies. I'm more curious than anything whether the buzz would be like a H hit. I take them orally normally, and i don't even IV anymore. I smoke my H on foil. I had a huge blood clot in my leg earlier this year from 2 years of injecting in my groin in exactly the same spot ( i have a lovely hole in my groin that looks like a second belly button ), the femoral vein collapsed. A week in ICU, thrombolectomy?, and a stent later and i haven't injected since February since it happened. Funnily enough, the worst part of the whole hospital experience was having a catheter rammed into my bladder. No man should ever have to experience that while conscious. Fuck it, after reading some of those case studies i realise how lucky i am to be here. I'm going to pass IV'ing these.

Thank you for your time though, cheers

Thanks for the replies. I'm more curious than anything whether the buzz would be like a H hit. I take them orally normally, and i don't even IV anymore. I smoke my H on foil. I had a huge blood clot in my leg earlier this year from 2 years of injecting in my groin in exactly the same spot ( i have a lovely hole in my groin that looks like a second belly button ), the femoral vein collapsed. A week in ICU, thrombolectomy?, and a stent later and i haven't injected since February since it happened. Funnily enough, the worst part of the whole hospital experience was having a catheter rammed into my bladder. No man should ever have to experience that while conscious. Fuck it, after reading some of those case studies i realise how lucky i am to be here. I'm going to pass IV'ing these.

Thank you for your time though, cheers

Jesus Christ mate that sounds fucking awful. hope you're OK now.

Definitely pass up on shooting the pills. 5mg Oxy is a pretty small amount TBH. I'm not sure if you feel anything when you take them orally, but given that the oral BA for oxy is so high IVing most certainly isn't worth the extra risk....especially given what you have already been through as a result of IVing.

Take care bro.