• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Short subs tAper

Usa51

Bluelighter
Ran a short sub taper 6 days slipped used Roxi for two days then back on subs 2mg yesterday 1mg today still have minor withdraw? Guess I wasn't out of woods yet? How much longer you think?

Should i do .5 Tom then .25 Saturday then jump? Any help would be greatly appreciated

From what I have read, I would taper all the way down to like .25 then skip a day then take .25 again, then skip two days , then take another .25 then try and stop completely after that. The half life is INSANE. If you are confused about what I am talking about type in on google "Suboxone Half life , How long does it stay in your system after you stop taking it"

Well I took .5 this morning still felt like shit so I dosed another .5 feel much better only day 3 so I bet I finished withdraw so I'll try .5 tomorrow then .25 like you said.

the half life is so long man just be patient and slowly slowly go down... take .1mg for a week if taking .5 makes u feel shitty. take 1mg for a week , then go down to .75 mg for a week then .5 for a week then .25 for a week. I am tapering atm now and i feel my muscles feel so weak but i also take adderall and that has helped so much with the energy anmd what not. so just go slowly and taper slowly and you will be fine

It isn't a matter of when you jump, .25mg or .125mg if you are not committed to stopping it won't matter. just because you feel no withdrawals is not a victory, actually that is the easy part. why did you get high? why do you need to? what have you done to change your life/behaviors? if you believe that taking Subs for a few days and little else will render a victory your mistaken. you can taper till your blue in the face and nothing will change until you decide to change.
Remember This:
Don't Rely on willpower for long term change it does not work. Do Change your thinking first
Don't Ignore how your environment shapes your behavior - Do Change your context/environment, change your life
Don't Try to stop behaviors instead create new ones - Do Focus on action not avoidance
Don't Underestimating power of triggers - No behavior happens without a trigger. Do Eliminate those triggers that cause cravings
Believing that knowledge / information leads to action - Like reading about which taper works,Do use action. everything needs action, knowledge alone does nothing
Focusing on abstract goals instead of concrete behaviors - Do this I will begin to walk everyday for 30 minutes (at specific time of day) instead of exercise helps with withdrawals

This all takes work and effort and time. Believing a few strips of Subs will change your life around is doomed for failure. You can't go work out for me at the gym and somehow I get fit, some things require your effort and work. It would be great if all someone needed to do is a Sub taper and little else and their life will turn around but it doesn't. Your behaviors, emotions, thinking and how you perceive things has more to do with ending your opiate addiction than Subs will ever have.
Think of your life the last 6 months and then ask yourself a brutally honest question, if I continue this same behavior for the next 2 years where do I see my life? Envision it, start with your morning all the way to the time you sleep. What do you see yourself doing, your success and your relationships. Whether you see great things or misery remember tomorrow is the beginning of that journey. Your actions and behaviors will dictate that future.

Last edited:
I think what the above poster is tyring to say is, you can taper and stop using, but without changing the way you think / act and do things, you will end up right where you started. So dont taper until you have decided that you have changed all those things.