• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Shooting up question help!

get high

Bluelighter
Hello bluelighter so I have pondered the idea to shoot up for awhile time. I am at a HORRIBLE time in my life right now. I've been smoking heroin for 8 months straight everyday. I get extreme withdrawals if I don't smoke. Anyway just giving you some background on my usage.

Anyway I need to get away from it all, I have so much pain and stress right now. I am going to shoot up / bang heroin for the first time. I have to, and I will. So anyway who tells me otherwise I'm not going to listen. Just telling you now. Anyway I'm going to have to shoot up heroin myself as I have no one to help me my first time. I have NO idea what I'll be doing whatsoever. I've never even seen anyone shoot up before besides in videos. My question is how do I know if I've got the needle in my vein?!!? I have big veins in my arm so it's going to be easy to find one. Now how will I know when to actually inject myself? Like what happends if you shoot heroin but you accidentally aren't hitting a vein, then you shoot up the heroin in a random spot on your arm that's not actually the vein? How will you know if you did either? How do you know if your actually hitting the vien? Also wouldnt it be easy to inject the needle to deep into your arm or too shallow, and totally going through the vein and messing it up completely? How far do you put the needle in your arm? Would you say very very shallow, like the tiniest poke ever, or like does the needle have to actually be pretty deep in your arm? Again how do you know if the needle is actually in your vein and not through it completely, to shallow, or missing it completely. Like what will you feel if you shoot it in your arm vs shooting it in a spot that's not your vein? Ugh I'm having really bad anxiety about getting this right, and I'm hoping I dont waste any dope because Im broke. Oh and when I go to say a pharmacy what needles do I ask for? I live in washington btw. You can get needles legally without anything Im pretty sure. Thanks

You want to go in at a 45 degree angle, I asked a phlebotomist about it. When you pierce the skin draw back the syringe a little. That will create suction. When you hit a vein blood will shoot back into the syringe then you can plunge the substance. If you miss the vein it will burn. If the vein is close enough to the surface or you are very pale you may even see the substance travel through the vein. If you miss the vein then you are basically muscling and you will feel hardness in the area as the substance is just sitting there until it is absorbed.
I know that smoking heroin isn't doing it for you anymore and shooting up will feel really good. But trust me it will make it harder to quit when the time comes and it will. Your veins will collapse, it will be harder and harder to find a good one, it will be incredibly frustrating to poke and poke for an hour with no results. Plus you will run the risk of clots and abscesses. Before you try shooting why don't you try quitting? I don't say this to annoy you. Maybe it's a sign from your body to quit.
But if you do decide to go ahead and shoot up then please practice discipline. Never EVER share needles. ALWAYS use a new one and if you run out and have to reuse then clean the needle thoroughly with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and water.