• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

shooting coke...how much is too much?

tramaqueen

Bluelighter
Hi there, I have a questions for you guys and would appreciate your opinions.
I shot up one gram of coke (not great but decent) in a period of about 4 hours. I kept shooting every 40 minutes or so until was gone. Last time I did coke was about 6 months ago so I dont think I have a high tolerance. My question is: is a gram a lot of coke to shoot in the time frame I mentioned? did I overdo it? I threw up a few times and the high was pretty shortlived. Im feeling pretty shitty right now, Im drinking some poppy tea and had a little xanax to be able to sleep. Any comments/advice will be appreciated!

IV Cocaine is one of the most dangerous things a drug user can do. It is very easy to shoot too much and cause a number of possible cardiac problems that lead to quick and sudden death.

I'm sure many members here will chime in that they've done exactly what you describe, many times. I'm on of them; every so often I used to pick up a gram or two and shoot through it fixing a shot every 2 minutes until it was all gone (usually over the course of 6-9 hours). However, this doesn't make it safe or acceptable.

Projectile vomiting and extreme sudden nausea is an early sign that you've shot too much. The next symptom that appears is usually your vision becomes tunneled; like there is a black border around your eyes, and/or vertigo and blurry vision. These two signs of too much IV Cocaine are reported by people who have or routinely use IV Cocaine. I don't think anyone knows what symptom comes next, because anyone who gets passed these two generally dies from a heart problem where they're sitting.

It's hard to give good Harm Reduction related advice when it comes to IV Cocaine; other than don't do it. It's so easy to shoot too much in one shot and keel over instantly. Especially when dealing with an illicit drug with no known dose or quality controls.

In short, yes you overdid it if you experienced nausea and vomiting. Generally the first IV injection of Cocaine is the best, even if you follow it with 50 more Cocaine injections, you end up chasing the high from that first one. After 1-3 IV injections of Cocaine, the experience doesn't get better, each shot just sustains the fit jacking session until you run out of blow.

If you can force yourself to stop after just a couple shots, that is the best way to make sure you don't risk overdoing it (more shots = more chances to OD and die) and is a good way to get the most out of the blow and save your veins from the shaking butchershop routine that comes with being jacked up on blow and trying to keep your hand steady enough to hit a vein.

Most common sign you overdone it is the sound of your head being on the inside of a very large church bell while somebody is knocking on it repeatedly with a very large hammer.

I think the danger from shooting coke comes from its a large part from it's very varying purity , sometimes i shoot half a gram of material with the same properties as 0.1 gram from another dealer , this is why i stick to crack cocaine it contains less cuts or at the least less "weird" cuts (stuff like aspirin / medication / glucose) .

p.s o0ne thing i disagree on is the more shots more harm theory , the more water you add / the less concentrated the shots / the more shots , the less harm on your veins and cardiac system , i mean that most users picks up a gram and are going to finish it anyway and doing a gram even with tolerance in 2 shots is vey risky bussiness , in 4 shots its still risky business but already safer.

jus try to keep the same period of time between your shots and don't chase the ringer , p.s what i do agree on is that after 2-3 shots the side effects become overbearing and the euphoria is no longer there , so frankly if you can limit the amount it's more fun and less blood all over the place

p.s invest in the comedown

I once shot up a £20 rock of crack (0.2g) - That was FAR too much.

I just puked, and then sweated profusely for an hour.

I wouldn't do more than 0.1g at a time now.

1 gram is quite a lot to IV with no/low tolerance to coke... i would get through a gram sniffed throughout a whole night...

anyway, the fact that you puked is probably your body rejecting the product, cause you've done too much, its your body's way of saying "no more"...

As for the crash, the poppy pod tea and xanax should help a lot...

stay safe

I think I read about someone making a reference to studies showing that cocaine users prefer vaporized crack cocaine to IV cocaine and if there is any truth to this then I would stick to crack. Hell, I'd stick to crack cocaine even if it weren't true (I do admit the results of these studies seem to be the opposite of what you'd expect but perhaps there are factors coming into play that we are not aware of).

Because of the short duration of IV cocaine you'd be poking yourself with a LOT of needles and with the cost of hypos in the US and the cost of the coke everywhere in the world it can get quite expensive.

^ Everyone I know (including myself) prefers IV cocaine over IV crack.

For some strange reason its just feels "cleaner" and not as rough.

Cracks just a lot cheaper (plus 9/10 Heroin dealers also hold crack).

^
Crack doesn't dissolve in water

cocaine hydrochloride ,or citrate does

or as said many times before, white distilled vinegear works too(to break down crack to shoot). glad im over those days to be honest.

Be careful man... the fact that you threw up could also be a sign of "overdoing it" I used to have a very bad IV cocaine habit, and only when I did shots that were really pushing it did I get nausea or vomiting. Like Tchort said, IV coke is one of the most dangerous things for a drug user to play with. The problem with coke though, especially from repeated IV use, is that a person can build up a sensitivity to it over time, and increasingly smaller amounts of the dsrug can cause more serious advese effects, e.g. tachycardia, papitations, chest pain, tightness... and ultimately heart attack and stroke.

Your advice and comments are invaluable. I always thought your ears rang cause the coke was good (pure) not because it was too much. Thanks for describing symptoms you might OD its kinda scary since my boyfriend (which also did a gram) had tunnel vision and profused sweating8o We are not new at shooting but we had never done this much before. Yes, shooting coke is def left for special occasions. The good thing is I dont crave it very often (prefer downers) but once I have the stuff, cant stop until its gone :\ One more question if I may? Does weight affect how hard it (coke) hits you? I mean if a person is skinnier than another would the same amount hit them harder than the bigger person?
thanks for your time and have a nice day!:)

^ Everyone I know (including myself) prefers IV cocaine over IV crack.

I much prefer IV crack to IV cocaine. Neither is exactly a good thing to be doing though ;)

As to the original question, how long is a piece of string? If you survive (without any longterm damage) then it was probably not "too much" but shooting coke in any form is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion. However much you start of with you will finish it rapidly. I'd regularly (as in pretty much every day for a long time) get through 1/8 of rock in a shooting session lasting a few hours at best :\

EDIT: On the body weight question, I would be surprised if it wasn't a big factor in how much it takes to OD on but don't "know" it to be true. Sure more knowledgable folks will though :)

to be honest in some ways that does sound like a typical IV cocaine binge. i have always used up what ever i had in one night pretty much no matter how much it was ...as long as i had enough heroin. i cant do that IV coke shit without H or else the comedown is killer. i havent bought coke in a long time (all my money was going to dope) but like i said when i did it never lasted more than a night. its something about when you IV that drug..you just immediately crave more. you get a similar feeling doing lines but not nearly as intense. if youre smart, youll just buy small amounts at a time because once you start rigging those needles up there is pretty much nothing thats going to stop you till the shits gone..IME at least.

The only time I overdosed on intravenous coke was a few years ago. I had the normal dizziness and tunnel vision, but I also experienced another peculiar phenomenon. My hands (and it was just confined to the hands) went completely numb. This lasted for about ten or fifteen minutes, after which I became incredibly agitated and psychotic/delusional and had to be forcibly sedated with haloperidol in hospital. Not pleasant at all.

I overdosed on IV coke once and it was one of the scariest more painful experiences of my life. I had been up for a few days shooting coke, and I remember fixing up a shot of this new batch I had just gotten. I was so out of it and cracked out I don't even remember how much I threw into the cooker, but I remember I got about half the shot in my arm when I got the strongest metallic taste in my mouth and my vision completely blurred. I then remember slumping forward (I was in a bathroom sitting on the toilet seat), and next thing I know, I'm in the middle of a huge grand mal seizure. Every part of my body was thrashing around and it felt like my heart was going to blow out of my chest. I then lost consciousness and went into a dream state where I really thought I died and it was all over. I then came to, laying on the bathroom floor in the fetal position, wrapped around the toilet bowl, I'm guessing from trying to steady myself during the seizure.

It was pretty fucked up that I was doing another shot like 30 minutes after my overdose, but after that day, I really calmed down with the IV coke. Its one of those things which is just so hard to control, you just know if you keep doing it you will die very soon. Thats why you don't find a lot of long term IV coke users. You either quit or die. A few ways you can tell if your getting close to overdosing is throwing up and feeling nausea, your vision completely blurring, and not being able to stand after doing a shot (like every time I would do a pretty big shot of coke, I remember if I tried to get up my knees would start wobbling and felt like they would buckle under me).

Another thing that singifies a coke/crack od is your hands/feet turning a light bluish color and your hands feeling like electricity is going through them, trembling like a mofo, the person next to you talking but it sound like their a mile away.. an insane bellringer and time slows down to where minutes literally seem like 10-15 min.. i was checkin the clock every 5 secinds thinking it had to have been 3-5 min since the last time i look, waiting for 10 min to go by and mean i would be ok and there was no reason to call 911..

coke is a tricky drug to figure out a comfortable iv dose.. if theres a such thing as a comfortable iv hit of coke..

Chinacat you are 100% correct. I can stop myself from buying coke and I dont think about it much but once I have some, I cant stop until its all gone:|

i would not shoot over 120mg no matter what the purity, because if this isn't enough to make you feel like you just got hit by a locomotive it is too cut to safely put in your veins. and with a new batch always (always, always, always, etc) test it out with a maximum shot of 50mg.

also, always preload with diazepam or another benzo to raise your seizure threshold.