• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Shooting Benadryl

Dispatchick17

Bluelighter
So I have a friend (honestly) who cuts benadryl capsules and then works the gel in a mix with some water and injects it. Has anyone else done this? What were your experiences? Is it fairly safe? Clean needles, alcohol wipes, rotates sites.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. Admins you are rock stars.)

Never inject pills without micron filtering first.

But overall the risk to reward is definitely out of whack here as there isn't a real upside with IV diphenhydramine over oral.

Can you cold water extract?

I did that with a pill once.

I don't know shit about micron filters ill search

Yes diphenhydramine is water soluble.

This is why all substances should be micron filtered (see link).

They triple filtered it with cotton and still got a ton of gunk removed by the micron filter.

The circulatory is nothing to mess around with. Pills in particular need careful filtration.

Yeah diphenhydramine definitely does have some weird prosexual effects.

In theory, absolutely possible, and generally safe, to inject diphenhydramine.

It is insane to inject diphenhydramine capsules. Pleaaase don't do it. Diphenhydramine is not worth it. If you wanna take some just take it the usual way.

How dangerous is it? I don't know, but relative to how worthwhile it is its a terrible idea.

What are the assumed benefits from shooting it?

It could increase the rush somewhat when mixed with heroin but not substantially. Reduces some side-effects and increases sedation. Diphenhydramine is a common heroin cut for these reasons.

There are no good reasons to do it. Still it can be done i suppose with the same risks as any other pills (so long as tablets are used and not bead containing capsules). There are of course diphenhydramine liquid capsules but who knows what kind of oils are in there.

The bottom line is: its not recommended. If you do, use tablets. Filter first with cotton then put the resulting solution through a micron filter.

Unless you have actual pharmaceutical grade diphenhydramine vials. Please don't do it. Pretty please?

Like, I understand fucking up your veins and lungs for drugs.. I do, I've risked my health lots of times for it.

But... Diphenhydramine? It's just not worth it.

I've tried this, TBH.

It's not water soluble.

How the hell does your friend do this?
She just adds a tiny bit of water to the 12 or so capsules she's painstakingly cut the corner off of and put it into her needle. She insists it's great but doesn't last very long.

She is a recovering addict who enjoys the sight of the blood return and certainly the needle itself. That's where the issue lies...the route. Not so much the drug anymore.

She is a recovering addict who enjoys the sight of the blood return and certainly the needle itself. That's where the issue lies...the route. Not so much the drug anymore.

This makes so much sense... Well, in that it explains why she's injecting a drug like diphenhydramine.

My ex-BF would inject methadone anytime he got it. It always grossed me out, and I've shot methadone too it's not worth it. I'd say that and asked why he bothered. "addicted to the steel" was his explanation.

I've never been that needle fixated, but I can understand. At times when I've been sick I've shot up regular tap water. I've taken huge risks with reusing or even sharing needles because I wasn't willing to use my heroin any other way.

Addiction makes us do stupid self destructive things.

All I can say is to maybe try and convince her, if possible, that it's not worth it.

If that doesn't work the only remaining option is to try and make it as safe as possible. Rotate sites, see if you can filter any binders or fillers that are in it. And hope for the best.

Thank you. She was saying before she had the idea of benadryl liquid capsules, she would just use water to see it. I hope everyone stays safe and uses their brain. Have a buddy - have naloxone - use clean equipment. Sounds simple enough, eh? We all know it isn't. Thank you all for the replies. I love her to pieces and just don't know where to go from here.

It's really hard when you love someone and can see they're hurting themselves and can't seem to stop and you can't seem to stop them.

I've experienced it with some people I care about but I'm sure I've put my own loved ones through it far worse than I've had to deal with myself.

It's hard, all we can do is our best and make sure they know we're just worried for them. <3

I received IV diphenhydramine in the hospital a while back.. at the time I took 75mg for sleep at home but orally. For some reason they gave me 75mg IV instead and the difference was astounding it threw me into a slightly deleterious state even at such a low dose, shadows moving, some CEV’s and sedation was markedly more intense. It wasn’t entirely unenjoyable however I’m not sure I would risk injecting the pills. Just doesn’t sound like a great idea.