• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

The work day is done. Snow storms are not the easiest thing to deal with in my current line of work. Just jacuzzied and hit then steam room at my club. Feeling good.. Practiced my mandolin and I'm eating some tuxedo cake and going to play a poker tournament in a min.

My brain automatically read that as "Just ejaculated..." I was about to say "Cool."

I have been going through some very unpleasant emotion for the last couple of days but I haven't used on them.

I'm just trying to visualise myself in a positive place at some point in the future and make sure that I engage in enough constructive activity each day to finish off in a better place than I started. It's very challenging not to engage in self-destructive behaviours but doing these things is helping me move through this period of difficulty whilst staying clean. I'm experiencing pain in the present but by engaging in small positive practical activities it's making the journey towards that positive place I'm visualising seem more bearable and I can witness a small progression each day.

I may feel that the situation I'm in and some of the people I'm in confrontation with are behaving badly and hurting me by doing so, but I continue to remind myself that it is my decision how I respond to these things and that I have the power to make a decision that is going to allow me to get healthy and happy.

Reminding myself of these simple truths is holding a lot of power for me at the moment.

I have been going through some very unpleasant emotion for the last couple of days but I haven't used on them.

I'm just trying to visualise myself in a positive place at some point in the future and make sure that I engage in enough constructive activity each day to finish off in a better place than I started. It's very challenging not to engage in self-destructive behaviours but doing these things is helping me move through this period of difficulty whilst staying clean. I'm experiencing pain in the present but by engaging in small positive practical activities it's making the journey towards that positive place I'm visualising seem more bearable and I can witness a small progression each day.

I may feel that the situation I'm in and some of the people I'm in confrontation with are behaving badly and hurting me by doing so, but I continue to remind myself that it is my decision how I respond to these things and that I have the power to make a decision that is going to allow me to get healthy and happy.

Reminding myself of these simple truths is holding a lot of power for me at the moment.

You have a very healthy attitude! That's admirable. You're doing the right thing. Stay strong and keep moving forward! 💖💖💖

Today it became apparent that the woman I love is not going to come back to me. If I am honest I am absolutely crushed and am having trouble visualising my life moving forwards at this point. I am full of anger and resentment from the way the relationship ended, I feel really hurt.

Despite these feelings I'm not going to use today. I don't know why but I feel like even though I'm in so much pain I know that I won't. I think I'm going to struggle with being productive and ending the day in a better place than where I started, but I resolve to not make my situation worse or do anything that will damage me or set me back from moving in the direction I want to.

I feel like shit but it is my choice whether I respond in a positive way or a negative way.

Today it became apparent that the woman I love is not going to come back to me. If I am honest I am absolutely crushed and am having trouble visualising my life moving forwards at this point. I am full of anger and resentment from the way the relationship ended, I feel really hurt.

Despite these feelings I'm not going to use today. I don't know why but I feel like even though I'm in so much pain I know that I won't. I think I'm going to struggle with being productive and ending the day in a better place than where I started, but I resolve to not make my situation worse or do anything that will damage me or set me back from moving in the direction I want to.

I feel like shit but it is my choice whether I respond in a positive way or a negative way.

wow, man. That is very inspiring to me and I'm sure it will be for others as well. sorry for what happened but thank you for sharing your positivity with us.

wow, man. That is very inspiring to me and I'm sure it will be for others as well. sorry for what happened but thank you for sharing your positivity with us.

Thankyou for saying that!

The hurt feelings are much more complicated than just because it's over, but I'm doing the right stuff to stay happy and healthy and I actually feel quite positive.

I've always done exactly the wrong things to deal with pain in the past and having this experience of dealing with things more positively is helping me grow a lot at least.

I feel super unhip right now because I can't understand a word of this:unsure::rolleyes:
Hey cat.. Sorry to read of your breakup

Translated it means I have tickets for a modern grammy award winning bluegrass band that I love called the The Infamous Stringdusters and booked a room at the Hilton. And love the new rig aka Vehicle I recently purchased. Good to see you and hang in there my good man!!

Ha that's a sentence I can understand. Got to admit I know zero about bluegrass other than OCMS (if you can even call them bluegrass) and billy strings.

Thankyou for the kind words, I WILL hang in there💪

Despite what I am going through at the moment being really really shit (few different issues going on in my life at the same time) I feel like I'm actually trying to deal with these things positively for perhaps the first time ever and it feels good.

@ NSA buying 'black caps' for something You what now?

I got through the weekend.

Last edited:
Thankyou for saying that!

The hurt feelings are much more complicated than just because it's over, but I'm doing the right stuff to stay happy and healthy and I actually feel quite positive.

I've always done exactly the wrong things to deal with pain in the past and having this experience of dealing with things more positively is helping me grow a lot at least.
You need to share/Journal this on TDS/MH when you need/feel like. This is the strength that goes round.
I've been through heart ache and pain ( sorry to sound like a country'n western tune ;) ) seriously, it is nought but it is beyond painful. You are strong and got your strategies in place and working them, so much respect. <3

Keep looking after your good self and living. <3

Thankyou, sharing my stuff is one of the primary reasons I'm here (and the nudie thread ofc). I've learned the hard way how damaging isolation can be so making sure I reach out to various different sources for support, this being just one.<3

Translates to I just ordered three new hats from Black Clover at Live Lucky.. They are a golf hat I wear really frequently. Yep I love them.

(no sourcing on BL ;) )

Ah, I see. :)
Is it like this only, less classy?
Crazy Golf Hat - Pub Golf - Adult Fancy Dress Costume Accessories front

Good days off.. Fun poker tournament. Saw some friends I had not seen i a little bit. Making progress on my mandolin. Tests came back in good shape.

Yesterday was a piece of work...

My daughter's 5th birthday party went well aside from only one kid from her class showing up, sitting with her grandma in the ER afterward while her nose poured blood, and waking up with what might be the flu... I'm struggling to come to terms with not having another child, as I was pretty badly abused at the hands of ER staff at the lowest moments of my life and refuse to face that stigma in the birthing unit.

Despite the emotional onslought somehow I haven't caved. There's nothing I want more than to stop hurting, and naturally it's like everyone I knew from the scene have some sorta spidey sense for when they should try to contact me... Oh yeah, and the vyvance that's helped me stay away from self destructive behaviors is too expensive now that the year has rolled over, so I'm on my own. So now I'm sitting here sick, exhauseted, and full of reasons to give up - but somehow still hopeful that maybe things will be okay.

I would say on average over 80% of my thoughts are negative and self defeating (not exagerating, trying to be realistic) so I'm here savoring this odd positive moment and celebrating the hope I see here.