• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Congrats to everyone and their progress in sobriety, be it small or large it should be celebrated. I myself am approaching 1.5 years off methadone and almost 3 years since my relapse that set me on methadone in the first place.

I am thankful that yesterday was my on day and i dont have to force myself to sprint till near collapse (called HIIT) and as it has been almost 2 months of this behavior i can really run. Like really sprint for a minute at 90% my total speed... feels like im "the bad guy" in a movie chasing after a car literally thinking to myself "am i going to get tired this is too easy" its so exhilarating I love it. Forcing myself to sprint when i dont want to finally getting to the end of it, i spend all day looking forward to feeling like im going to die at the top of the cliff, park goes up to a cliff face. Take it from me the thing they call a runners high is real and its better then IV heroin after you smoke crack on payday, i have something realistic to compare it to :) Happy I get to do that again on Sunday, never thought id be a runner never ever in my life could i have possibly thought one day id go "let me try sprinting... holy shit this feels great!"

Most days i am thankful that my past seems like someone put memories of a different person in me to teach me not to do opiates. I am thankful that the people i care about have gotten clean and I can honestly say there are no "hard days" or even lingering reminders of a time long forgot... i got so lucky.

My hats off to you szuko! :)

I have also quit methadone. It was a great deal for me and fortunately (or maybe not) I haven't relapsed yet. I'm afraid to relapse as I don't think I'd be able to quit again. When I stopped 2.5 years ago, I had tried quitting before - many times actually - in decades I've only been sober for small windows of 6 months every here and then until I was got into methadone for almost 8 years. So I try hard not to relapse. One day at the time.

Happy to hear that! :) Congrats.

The ocean is great and when I'm close to the beach I fell like jumping in and swimming. That's a feeling I try to keep in mind every time I'm swimming else where other than the gym. It brings back all the good memories when we were all young and united.

Agreed, I incorporate all childhood activities: swimming, basketball, bike riding, water parks, paddle boarding and anything else my kids want to try as an alternative to the gym.

My hats off to you szuko! :)

I have also quit methadone. It was a great deal for me and fortunately (or maybe not) I haven't relapsed yet. I'm afraid to relapse as I don't think I'd be able to quit again. When I stopped 2.5 years ago, I had tried quitting before - many times actually - in decades I've only been sober for small windows of 6 months every here and then until I was got into methadone for almost 8 years. So I try hard not to relapse. One day at the time.

Thank you! Yeah having an easy time escaping from 5 years of drug addition almost makes me "feel bad" it was like the other 2 people i care about and myself just decided we werent those people and changed so dramatically. Took my younger brother going to prison to clean him up but hes not who he was 2 years ago nor am i or the girl i will call my "sister" We all got clean around the same time for our own personal reasons and it has just stuck well. I thought for sure one of them would be the lingering reminder as i could never tell them they couldnt sleep at my place or something... only 2 people in the world with a tie to my heart.

I wish everyone could have the easy time we did I was up to 90 and at 0 in 16 months, my sister in 11.5 months (record as far as i can tell) and my younger brother withdraw on the floor in a prison... hes got to be more man then myself. I cant tell you why it worked that way and why we all became completely different people but i am happy to give my parents this story. Thanks again i do wish everyone the best of luck, life is way better on this side that much i know.

Fed the ducks and geese this afternoon, it was a very spiritual experience.

^ nice one. ;)

nice wedding today

I didnt realise such a thing existed. ;) hehe

I hate social functions. I be a miserable git. :D

Seriously though, glad you gleaned some good experience from it, NSA :) <3

I walked in the woods today with my old buddy and fed some wildlife. I swear - Its like an LSD trip for me, without the LSD. I am just always sensorily fulfilled in woodland, no matter what the season. I could live there permanantly. :) <3

*disclaimer; I am neither a liberal, or a hippy.

^ made me smile LadyA.=D<3

My sisters and it was really nice. Very relaxed and chill. Ended with a powerful thunderstorm.

^ I do to. Sometimes I try to understand what they mean. It all fades away so fast.

Making pizza at home. Real pizza! From the flower to the base pasta. It's fun.

That does sound like fun erikmen! My roomate and i orded papa johns earlier,wasnt bad. Defently not as good as homestyle pizza.

I am grateful that i made it through the weekend because this time last year i was in a blackout,coming to behind a gayclubs dumpster tomorrow morning.
Real grateful to be sober almost a year later!

Last edited:
^did you toss em back or keep em? I find fishing very therapeutic

Been a 'okay' day so far,just been busy with my clients. Making sure everyone is on the same page with step work.
Had an issue in the kitchen this morning with the crew running out of eggs, wasn't their fault so none of them have to claim any issues.(when you get 5 issues thats when you get consequences).
Going to orentate 4 guys into the program this afternoon.
Going to a meeting this evening, one of my friends is celebrating his 1st year sober. :)

Finalizing my trip to Oregon for the oregon solar eclipse festival. It is turning into quite the costly and unpredictable venture, right now i am waiting to see if I will get the shuttle pass for the time i need in order to catch my return flight.

This has been the single biggest planned event ive tried to do, fly across country to a place ive never been with no real supplies other then what i can bring so no car or transport. Have to get to the festival that is 4 hours away using their shuttle that only allows two bags and somehow bring enough supplies for 4 days in said bags.

I am excited to see if i can make all this happen as i only found out i was going on 4/1. In that time frame i have managed to spend 430 on the ticket, 690 on the flight and hotel, 110 on the shuttle pass, am currently on track for another 160 for transit (gotta take train to nyc then to air port then uber to weed store and hotel) then 500-600 for supplies in Portland. Then i get back and have to make money for bills... this is what its like to be 1.5 years off methadone. I love planning and meeting financial goals!

More excited to see a total solar eclipse more then anything, festival was just a convenient excuse to get to OR for this...

I heard of that. Too bad is too far away from where I am. I really enjoy seeing eclipses, the last one I saw was only partial - almost 3 quarters, but indeed quite impressive.

I have a similar feeling with the Northern lights (aurora borealis). Luckily, I'll be going up north later on this year. I'm just waiting for my work to confirm all details. I'll be happy to be able to get some vacation together with the work trip.

Thats cool to hear, i remember seeing halees comet when i was little, and some shooting stars.thats pretty much the extent of my spaceship endeavors.
I love reading and watching documentaries about space,and stuff lol.

Let's see, today a year ago I was going through my downfall, and now today I am going through my upbringing? Either way, today was 1,000% better then this time last year.

I have gone through today and the best thing for me now is to have a nap to get things settled in. One more day. Tough one actually.

Feeling great today. Slept well. Great weather. Calm day at work.