• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Great quick bumping uglies session first thing in the morning was an excellent way to start.

Always is!

I'm going on a long hike to a cave I've never seen with my good friend (an old Bluelighter) this morning. Gonna probably take some acid. He and his girlfriend had a baby a month ago and he hasn't been getting out much.

I had some interesting and fun conversations with some attractive women I like without the typical extreme anxiety that prevents that.

I had some interesting and fun conversations with some attractive women I like without the typical extreme anxiety that prevents that.
I did too! Actually met someone from a dating site that isn't completely shallow, is well-educated, and a delightful conversationalist. We're seeing each other again later in the week.

That's awesome good luck! I seem to attract the ones who turn out to be trouble. I struggle to communicate. It's because I've been a junkie vampire though. The last date I had was in December, but then again I've been in withdrawal since then and just coming around and I put a lot more effort into drugs than women so far in life. It was nice to talk to females without being high, feeling like myself, and having intelligent conversations with very different people who I can tell find me attractive. I remember being intimidated by really hot women but I am not whatsoever anymore it's a good change. Buddy who shot dilaudid and disappeared just said I was a late bloomer I'm beginning to think he is right. Seems like every girl I like turns out to be dating these days it's just good that I can communicate to them again that's all that really matters.

Yeah man I am beginning to think that if you sift through enough on a dating site, or even put a solid profile up and check it once a week, like why not. I am reluctant though I'm just old fashioned man I want to meet a girl when I least expect it like on a morning walk in the snow or some shit. I have met women in line on the airport like really special connections in 20 minutes. I forget to ask for her number but always kinda saw it as something like that. Just the way I always pictured it happening. It's not doing me well at all though haha.

Shroomy, it's just really difficult to meet people anymore. I also have issues with communication - I'm on the spectrum and I didn't learn basic skills like look people in the eye and so on until well into adulthood. It's still a struggle when I'm with someone new. I used to drink to help me with that, but a decade of heavy-duty alcoholism took that option off the table. I didn't date anyone for two years - after my divorce I was so terrified of being alone I entered into two ill-advised relationships which ended badly. So I took some time off. Now, I know whoever happens, I'll be ok. Life will be ok whether I'have a significant other or not. But it would be nice to start getting laid again =D

Regarding dating sites, my good friend and I both had extremely good luck with Ok Cupid. We both met a few people and then BAM, found our partners. I just made a well-desribed and honest profile and my girlfriend messaged me after a while because she liked what she saw/read. It's been over 4 years and the relationship is better than ever, it's pretty amazing. It was right when I had stopped feeling worked up about it, too. Honestly, these days the Internet is a great tool for meeting someone. If you meet on a dating site, then you both already know you're looking for something, it cuts out that super awkward first approach stuff. Also you can match based on what are likely to be good personality similarities, rather than completely random at a bar or something that's just based off looks at first. I highly recommend it. It's pretty interesting, and much lower stress compared to traditional dating.

When I first made my profile I was messaging girls and getting myself kind of worked up. Once I decided to just leave my profile sitting there and stop thinking about it (just checking to see if I got any messages), it all fell into place.

Shroomy, it's just really difficult to meet people anymore. I also have issues with communication - I'm on the spectrum and I didn't learn basic skills like look people in the eye and so on until well into adulthood. It's still a struggle when I'm with someone new. I used to drink to help me with that, but a decade of heavy-duty alcoholism took that option off the table. I didn't date anyone for two years - after my divorce I was so terrified of being alone I entered into two ill-advised relationships which ended badly. So I took some time off. Now, I know whoever happens, I'll be ok. Life will be ok whether I'have a significant other or not. But it would be nice to start getting laid again =D

Haha! I have to agree on the "it would be nice to start getting laid again" part.

I feel the same way as ShroomySatori. Old fashioned. I am told that the Internet is how it is done now days though.
The problem for me is- my profile would be like- beautiful, smart, but disabled in a lot of ways woman! Lol!
I could be a great housewife now and I am a good lover.

Probably going to have to just stick to being alone and that sucks!

I've been enjoying watching the sights outside my window all day. I hate the weather but I love watching leaves occasionally fall off the tree outside my window, birds eating from my window bird feeder, a gentle breeze rustling the few leaves remaining on the tree. Reminds me of a scene you'd see in a well-directed movie or something.

Beautiful! I can relate to that one!

I have amazing birds in my location. Many bird friends.
A Falcon moved in a year ago to the tree by my bedroom window.
I had a showdown with him the first day, he had his eye on eating my little dog but we locked eyes and it was understood that we would fight to the death over that one and it would not be my death. So he has not tried that again. We have become great friends!

I have had the pleasure of watching many Eagles lock talons in their mating dance recently! So amazing!!

Still alive and breathing today, at home with my loved ones. Not in jail,rehab or dead. Everyday is a gift. This is me trying to convince myself of this! :) Wouldn't everyone love to have this attitude when they wake up every morning? I'm not saying I wake up miserable everyday, just that thinking about all the positives is kind of a chore rather than being my overall mood. With that being said I still wont forget that being alive with my friends and family is still something to be happy about. So I will try to focus on the more positive aspects of any of my given situations and the corresponding mood I have along with them. Thank you for enlightening us all by having us explore our own misery or should I say self pity?

I only shoved a safety pin half way under the skin instead all the way or through the face again

No back pain today, or at least so far. I have been doing yoga and light weighted mobility exercises and it's been helping way more than I expected. Was starting to wonder if this was going to be a lifelong pain, now I'm hopeful that it is something I will be able to work through.

Well, this was actually a few days ago, but I enjoyed seeing the manatees (they come inland into fresh water when the ocean gets cold) at Blue Spring State Park and it's nice to have a new garbage disposal and functioning kitchen sink, especially when the plumber is a friend from AA, waived the dispatch fee and knocked over a hundred bucks off the total bill.

I?ve been making progress with the ladies.
I am finally making some nice friends with some very nice ladies. I feel much better about myself.