• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

I got over my avoidance anxiety (i.e sticking my head in the sand) and started work on my assignment for uni ?

YES!! I am buying an aircon soon so I can tough it out this summer ;) I have a fan, in the garage. heats up in here something fierce over summer. I'd love to be pacing my way through the sun, sand & surf... :D

Good weekend, Relaxed as I have had things going strait for a few months. Relaxed, slept in and did all the maintenance crap life requires. Rested a regrouped.

I've done even more work on my assignment than yesterday and I'm still going :D

YES!! I am buying an aircon soon so I can tough it out this summer ;) I have a fan, in the garage. heats up in here something fierce over summer. I'd love to be pacing my way through the sun, sand & surf... :D
Another good thing for me is that it's winter here and I love how refreshing it is as opposed to winter! Usually I have a fan on all the time in summer

I am blessed enough to have had wonderful Chinese tonic herbs to ingest upon rising today. Recent choices, compulsive and destructive ones, have left me feeling in dire need of herbal support and not the kind cannabis can give to those who really need another level of herbal support.

I had a generous young gentleman to break it up a bit in my presence.... I needed the chatty outlet, even if the topic was one of those things that can't result in anything less than an open-ended verdict. he kinda motivated me to go somewhere for a holiday, which I am meaning to do. Gave me a positive note to digest. He's quitting tobacco and I'm going to attend group meetings to keep abstinence as my main goal. Anything is possible if you can summon the discipline.

Finished the main part of my contour model! Going to art store now to get supplies to do the finishing touches (trees, building etc). Oh and this morning I took my daily methadone dose and felt it quite strongly which was nice.

Hey I love this thread. Really helps me notice/focus on (and thus be grateful for) the good things in my life and all the progress I've made. Today is the due date for my assignment, walking to my classroom now with my assignment in my hand. My social anxiety keeps telling me not to go in or wait till the last moment. But I am going to believe whatever happens I can find my through it so I will head inside immediately!!

XO everyone

Oh wow haha went into class and because I haven't updated my school email (been avoidant about that too) I didn't get the email that we get a whole other week to finish this assignment, since I'm already done I can just work on bringing up the quality even more!

Oh and when I first went in I sat on my own but we had to form groups (which I have a love/hate relationship with, I hate them because groups trigger my anxiety more than anythingso i avoid them if possible but once I feel safe that they arent like people from my past I can make friends quickly) and I ended making a new friend, at the start of our break I saw her start rolling a cigarette and told her I just vape now. So we went outside and found out we both love weed, I mentioned my BF casually in conversation so she knew I wasn't straight. Then in class she told me about her partner and son.

So yeah made a new friend!

Oh wow haha went into class and because I haven't updated my school email (been avoidant about that too) I didn't get the email that we get a whole other week to finish this assignment, since I'm already done I can just work on bringing up the quality even more!

Oh and when I first went in I sat on my own but we had to form groups (which I have a love/hate relationship with, I hate them because groups trigger my anxiety more than anythingso i avoid them if possible but once I feel safe that they arent like people from my past I can make friends quickly) and I ended making a new friend, at the start of our break I saw her start rolling a cigarette and told her I just vape now. So we went outside and found out we both love weed, I mentioned my BF casually in conversation so she knew I wasn't straight. Then in class she told me about her partner and son.

So yeah made a new friend!

That's awesome. I never liked working in groups, either. My favorite days were the ones where we just took notes the whole time. =D

That's awesome. I never liked working in groups, either. My favorite days were the ones where we just took notes the whole time. =D
My friends used to joke about something I used to say 'I hate people I don't know' but if I can manage to get to know someone while in a group mostly of people I know then I can start feeling okay.

But yeah today was really good. Last semester I avoided all contact with people in my class partly because every single friend I've made in class has promptly dropped out I guess because the only people I relate to and feel like I'll be accepted by are people who use drugs and often suffer from mental_ illness too (people like me). And of course people like me often have a hard time holding it together.

But I'm glad I spoke to people today, even if she leaves too I remember working by myself avoiding contact last semester and consequently being too anxious to ask anyone for an eraser, craft knife etc or to ask for help from classmates when I was stuck. Also a couple of times being too anxious to come in for the first half of the class and just sitting outside

So it's gotta be better than that right?

Also had dinner with my parents and felt like I could be more honestly myself

Yeah it sounds like you're doing great man. I wish I had stuck with college and not dropped out. It was relatively easy for me to keep a really high GPA when I was there (all through high school as well) but everything else in my life was crashing down at that time. Couldn't keep it afloat.

I just met an old friend ( one of my friends 'like me' that I met at uni who all dropped out).

It was nice to see her and hear she's feeling better (well that's what I would say if someone asked me that regardless of
Whether it was true).

When she left she stopped responding to messages and when I finally got her to respond she said she had had a breakdown And had moved back to her home city.

I felt sad she couldnt talk to me about it as she knew I had anxiety and depression etc.

I was to anxious to ask at the same time but messaged her asking if she wants to be friends again and also not to ignore me if she doesn't want to, so hopefully she tell's me no if she doesn't instead of ignoring me.

But regardless was nice to see she was okay (well at least alive and not unwell in a physically obvious way)

Yeah it sounds like you're doing great man. I wish I had stuck with college and not dropped out. It was relatively easy for me to keep a really high GPA when I was there (all through high school as well) but everything else in my life was crashing down at that time. Couldn't keep it afloat.
Yeah I had to take multiple 6 month breaks throughout and most of the time only doing 1 paper each semester. I started 6 yrs ago (2 yr course full time). But I don't care if it took me longer because I've kept at it and I'm gonna finish it and prove to myself that I can overcome what life throws at me. I never believed I would be able to live a normal life (since age 11) and I thought I was gonna die long before I got to the age I am now so I didn't have any dreams or goals. But I survived and I won't take on other people's judgements of me anymore :)

For the first time in my life I actually sincerely feel like i have a future