• Bar GraphicOpen Late Graphic

🍸🍻 The Lounge 🍻🍸

Welcome Guest!

Forum GuidelinesBluelight Rules
  • Lounge Moderators: andyturbo | mal3volent
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Wisdom Share some advice or pointers for the youngins out there.

TheInvisibleStoner

Bluelighter
Well I can tell you this much. Working a 150k dev ops gig. You WILL work. They now own you. 24/7 in fact. Takes months just to fix everything so you can start what they need. Never again. Got burnt up twice which only pulled me deeper into dependence.

Public companies only (I think I said this). They give sign on and rsu. So they invest in you and don't dump an unreal workload on you. But nobody is doing relo's now. So have to move out west I think.

Waiting to see what happens here. May just try applying to companies in canada or something.

TheInvisibleStoner

Bluelighter
Although it is a power trip since you get root on day 1 (at the scrub startups). Could literally delete the whole company if I wanted to (then of course prison after). You own everything, even the devs. They can't push any code without your approval.

Some people enjoy that I guess. I don't. I want a job like you have lol.

Last edited:

Xorkoth

🎨 ARTministrator 🎨
Staff member
I pretty much lucked out, still working for the same company I got picked up by right out of college. It's a pretty small company and everyone is awesome, and I work remotely. And at this point I have pretty much designed the majority of the process and tools by which I do my job, and pretty much just come up with how to do new stuff, or do the same stuff better, instead of doing client grunt work.

I would sometimes like to work on a team of actual programmers, though... would be fun I think.

Last edited:

ghostandthedarknes

Bluelighter
Don’t take any advice from snafuinthevoid.
just hit him with this pic when he pisses you off.

Shady's Fox

Bluelighter
Palm trees & sea, just walkin along the beach.
Don't be an emotional tampon, don't be carried by the wind // always listen to your instincts. Don't be lazy, work and hear me out before I had my skate shop/bar -- I used to do blue collar work. Yeah, paving I always loved paving bcz it's quiet am alone // roller/carpentry/thermal insulation. I got taught when I was homeless by a stranger and believe me finish your school it's far more important than u think so, school makes a difference in society. I got stuck in 7 grade haha, 3 times so I had to hustle and I was lucky enough to build my empire but not everyone can be, especially now with this pretzela dominikana barbarosa. Stay humble, stay real. Listen old school hip-hop!

Bonch

Bluelighter
Fuck every girl you can when your young, keep your pull out game strong though.

Also, no matter how many campaigns Mtv runs, or whatever gay shit yall watch these days, remember that you vote doesn't matter, at all.
Can’t tell if this is a joke. Wtf of course you’re vote matters!

Captain.Heroin

Suicide Obsession
Staff member
If you don't want to pay for a meal, you left your wallet in the car.

It isn't shoplifting if it is under $10. Just take it. Especially at certain stores.

You can do bumps on the dance floor if you and friends huddle together

Never trust an old bored looking lesbian at a club she is UC

Wear your mask, it helps protect your identity if you end up breaking the law

The hardest working Americans are drug dealers.

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Well I can tell you this much. Working a 150k dev ops gig. You WILL work. They now own you. 24/7 in fact. Takes months just to fix everything so you can start what they need. Never again. Got burnt up twice which only pulled me deeper into dependence.

Public companies only (I think I said this). They give sign on and rsu. So they invest in you and don't dump an unreal workload on you. But nobody is doing relo's now. So have to move out west I think.

Waiting to see what happens here. May just try applying to companies in canada or something.
Also work in devops, in the same ballpark, and i dont feel that way, maybe you need a better job. Sometimes I take naps during the day, turning my slack notifications and volume up 150%. So long as I get the small amount of weekly workload with some progress, and get my deliverables out by the end of the sprint, its not a problem. I very rarely work over 40hrs, though it isn't uncommon to be stuck up working late for free on occasion.

Try working for a smaller startup. And nowadays, most everything is remote, and many companies would probably let you stay that way and not require to relocate.

Although I will say, yeah being a consultant and contractor pre-covid sucked, having to relocate over and over again.

I'm thinking of starting a devops consulting firm (maybe also with a pentesting group too). I mean, sure we are making 130k, but have you ever seen the bill submitted to the clients for your work (assuming you are also a consultant). I mean, regularly 25 member scrum teams take on the load of a multimillion dollar contract. We are sitting on millions. Since I'm basically a full stack developer on top of my devops and Linux skills, this is a serious possibility. Its as simple as doing a lot of the work myself or with some partners, making templates, then hiring a bunch of noobs to fill the buckets of manhours they pay for (and giving them templates and training so they learn and can also help). Id like to make it a tech co-op, of no more than 50 people, as I'm basically a communist trapped in capitalist society.

If I were looking to sell out, and be a rich asshole, I'd get the licensing i needed to bid on "low hanging fruit" federal tech contracts (such as their countless AWS projects), then id take advantage of the offer of my Ukrainian friend who owns a company of engineers with 10 years experience who submitted themselves at 50k. If i was even more of an asshole, id outspurce to be bengaladash. A us LLC can hire foreign workers with no work visa, for a fully remote operation. then, id want them to own half the company.

But like I said, im thinking more a homegrown co-op of US citizens with equal ownership and who make the 3-500k theyd be paid for a year contract, and not working for The Beast lol

Last edited:

Zephyn

Bluelighter
Anyway back to the OP. Money with no purpose = drug addiction = misery. Seek purpose, not money.

ashwolf22101

Bluelighter
Running with the wild horses in ketamine land
3. Once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
"We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored upper, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a cause of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

FAVORITE MOVIE <3

1. Like this movie or you'll have indefinite bad acid trips

+1000 if you watch it on acid

Last edited: