Shakes & Supplements. A waste of time compared to natural foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have over 4 years of experience in this and you are completely wrong.

1. Quality food is very expensive especialy gram for gram if you are just going for protein which any builder is doing.

2. Shakes are convienient, very cheap, and fast way to get a wide variety of amino acids into your body. Post workout there is absolutely no food your body would prefer over a protein shake. Your body can absorb and process the shake much faster than a food product.

3. Suppliments like creatine and glutamine help recovery and strength building so you can gain faster and with proper training, there is no "water gain" or "fast loss."

You simply don't know what you're talking about. I've been doing this a very long while and the difference between a program including the very basics of Protein, Creatine, and Glutamine and one going with simple basic foods is like night and day.

4 years experience ? wow, your hardly out of nappies yet.

ill ignore point one. weve gone through that...

point 2, the words convenient, fast, and not as cheap as you think they are, all ring a bell to me. it means someone is making a lot of money for old rope.

and on point three... there is NO scientific evidence whatsoever that creatine improves performance. if it did, it would be a banned substance. simple as that.

dont get me wrong, ive tried the gammut of these products. results ? none.

you could spend up to three times the amount on this that and the other in sports supplements, and listen to that word, "supplement", that means in supplement to your already perfect diet, than you could on anabolic steroids. good fucking grief. keep spending your money...

ill just stick to the tried and true, things that were founded in the beginning, by hard work and trial and error. things that stiil work to this very day and always will work.

not in looking for the easy way out. :\ which lets say at least the majority of people out there do.

ever heard of buying your food in bulk from the market ?

or does mummy still do the shopping ?

^ dude you're just asking for a ban. You need to learn some manners badly.

Also, you have absolutely no support for your claims that all supliments are bogus. You're telling me every vitamin and protein supliment out there is litterally bunk and will net you no increased performance with proper use? Where is your evidence? Please give me a link because I'm not inclined to believe random ranting from some new guy on a forum who insults people while telling them they are still in diapers because they take creatine.

Yes, I've been training for 4 years and I've gone through stages with and without supliments. Currently I am not suplimenting with protein, but I am with creatine and I've noticed a slowing in gains but thats' fine, I'm not trying to gain much at the moment. 4 years experience with training my body and trying different supliments has taught me quite a bit. Your little rantings aren't going to change anything.

If you can produce some evidence then I will take you seriously but I predict you'll just attack me on a personal level while restating your rhetoric. Which will result in me ignoring you.

Last edited:
you need to get a sense of humour. its just that everyone takes themselves SO seriously...

also sounds like i hit a nerve. obviously mummy still does the shopping.;)

thats probably why youve got so much money to spend on that shit you think makes you big...

^ I'm 24 and work in fitness. I spend ~100$ a year on suppliments. Thats a lot of money? Get real. You take yourself too seriously and need to grow up. Welcome to ignore.

you really hurt me, i have to go cry now. you spend a $100 a year on supplements ?

that adss up to about 2 kilos of creatine. which of about 1.9 kilos goes down the shitter.

aanallein said:
^ I'm 24 and work in fitness. I spend ~100$ a year on suppliments. Thats a lot of money? Get real. You take yourself too seriously and need to grow up. Welcome to ignore.

you work in fitness, and you dont know that those products are shit. shows how much you know.

and you say that you only spend $100 dollars a year ? what about those shakes ? i bat thay add up to at least $1000 bucks a year. you know what i do with that money ? holiday in the carribean... kicking back laughing at twats like you.

any fitness instructor,(or whatever you call yourself) who suggests or pushes the use off supplements should be given the boot by the client. thats what i tell mine.

Last edited:
come on big benn, whats your take on supplements ?

you seem to have gone quiet...

From personal experience: I started out doing only cardio for 4 years before ever lifting a weight. By the end of the 4th year, I was running 8 - 10 miles per day, 6 days per week. You might think it overkill, but I had a lot to lose. I lost 60 pounds of ugly fat (the rest is ugly, but it is not all fat), but did not develop any leg or calf muscles. After a long cardio session, I don't have an appetite, but that is when my body needs the nutrients the most. So, I bought a protein supplement and drank it right after exercise. Within a month, I had defined calf muscles that grew over 3 inches in circumference. For me, at least, protein shakes work.

I cant believe we are still going over whether shake are afeective or not PWO. This has been gone over ad nauseum. Anyhow yeah most all supp suck whey kicks ass. Serious 2 kilos of creatin for 100? What are you paying gym prices for creatine? 60 bucks gets me 11 lbs whey isolate. That last lets see works out to 5 months of PWO protein so okay it cost 150 bucks a year in protein alone. Oh wait that and flax are the only things I use and I get flax in bulk quatities. SO 100 bucks covers my flax nearly the whole year. so 250 in BBing stuff a year. Oh wow a days work and I pay for all my supps and im a student.

Have fun in the carribeans. Oh wait your 16 and are just troling a BB forums to feel like your a big guy. Keep it up champ!

aanallein said:
Creatine, and Glutamine

both are absolutely unnecessary to supplement with

you do understand what the word supplement means right? go get a dictionary

if your eating sufficient food you ABSOLUTELY do not need to supplement creatine or glutamine, both are a horrible waste of money, but if you wanna waste your cash on supplementing with totally stupid products be my guest

ill just buy my protein powder thanks. I think its wrong to recommend anyone ever buy creatine and glutamine, thats a fuckin joke, theyre not the 'basics' theyre just a total waste of cash.

^ And yet they've worked for me without doubt. I've gone periods on and off and with them I have much better work outs, better results, less fatigue and soreness.

I don't do steroids though and have been doing this good regularity for many years so I have a very good understanding of my body. I can tell immediate differences based on my diet and suppliments.

Btw if you can point to some studies that show creatine/glutamine "dont do shit" be my guest. Otherwise you're just posting mindless gibrish without support.

/shrug.

oh and if you buy ur shit at the right vendors its hardly a waste of money. As i said before, i spend about 100$ / year on the combo of creatine/glutamine/protein. Thats hardly much money at all considering what some people pay for sups like steroids.

Not to be a dick but what's this cost you?

weeks 1-8; 100mg/ed Innovagen Testo-Gel
weeks 1-8; 50mg/ed Orbit Labs Oxandrolone
weeks 1-8; 3ml/2Xed Forge Frostbite Topical
weeks 1-4; 15iu/eod Eli Lilly Humalog
weeks 5-8; 100mcg/ed Generic LR3IGF-1

4 tabs Liv-52 everyday, letrozole on hand but wont use it unless I notice sensitive nipples

It's hard to say exactly which supplements have done what for me, since I started taking them together, however...

I would venture to say that, since increasing my intake of Omega 3 fatty acids and medium chain triglycerides with things like fish oil, flax seed, and coconut oil, that my cognition is improved. I have verified this several times by going on and off of this regimen. These supplements aren't all that costly either...

I generally don't take many vitamins, but I have several on-hand for various circumstances.

Personally, I have been taking whey isolate and sugar after a workout, and it has definitely helped to restore my energy levels after a session of heavy lifting, so it's not a waste of money to me. PWO is the only time I use whey; all other meals come from real food.

All in all, supplements aren't a waste of money if you know what you're looking for, and you do your research and pay attention to the results/side-effects.

Plus, like it's been said earlier, most supplements can be bought via the internet from bulk-food or bulk-supplement suppliers. If you get everything at GNC, well, of course you're getting ripped-the-fuck-off!

Supplements are a touchy subject with me because,other than whey, I don't neccessarily use or believe in them,but I sale a LOT of them.Guys are always asking me "what do you think of this?" or "have you tried this?" and "what do you use?"It's hard for me to say "you don't need creatine or glutamine,it's a waste of money" and miss a sale,but then again that's basicaly how I feel. I usually go with something like "well I don't use it but a lot of guys swear by it" that way i'm not a complete liar.

sickpuppy said:
Supplements are a touchy subject with me because,other than whey, I don't neccessarily use or believe in them,but I sale a LOT of them.Guys are always asking me "what do you think of this?" or "have you tried this?" and "what do you use?"It's hard for me to say "you don't need creatine or glutamine,it's a waste of money" and miss a sale,but then again that's basicaly how I feel. I usually go with something like "well I don't use it but a lot of guys swear by it" that way i'm not a complete liar.

thats not a bad post. of course your not going to see any studies noting that this stuff doesnt work. my god, its as big an industry as pharm, do you honestly think the powers that be would want to miss out on the almighty tax income. dont be an idiot. we got told in university that most of the results of these products come from water retention. (not protein). we have vego olympians, so how do you think they fare ?

if your spending less than $100 a year on creatine/protein/glutamine, then you must be buying a four year supply. or something.

dont talk shit.

thats... half honest. but a good assessment of what people who sell this stuff think of it after they have tried countless differant supps cheap through their dist. nobody spends less than $100 a year on supps. a protein/glutamine/creatine combo will cost at least $500. dont talk shit.

just go natural.

^
protein/glutamine/creatine combo will cost at least $500. dont talk shit.

And yet my regiment is extremely cheap. Maybe you need to learn where to shop. And I've been taking this stuff for a very long time. I know my body and I know what works for me.

Again, post a study showing creatine/glutamine don't do shit and we can have a discussion. So far as all the reading and experiences in my life have shown, they boost strength, gains, and recovery which is what I need.

ok dickhead, lets work it out.

protein per day, $1

creatine per day 50 cents

same for glutamine 50 cents

that amounts to around $720. so you must be buyin, i dont know, 5 years supply at once.

post a study... get fucked. and then get real. your one of those who likes to believe that they are getting somehting out of it. i quit all supps 6 years ago and didnt lose any performance.

its all in your head. the only gains brought about by creatine is from water retention. you aint fit to be a fitness anything...

wow suprise, nothing but insults and no studies. same guy as essex-boy who just got banned I take it.. lol

^

umm I never said they dont do anything why dont you read a post instead of just makin false accusations as to somones point of view

I said you dont need to SUPPLEMENT with them

again, go lookup the definition of the word supplement. You only supplement with somethign if your lacking it.

Have you ever looked at the nutrient breakdown of a peice of steak? its got creatine and glutamine in it, if your eating a proper diet for BBing your getting MORE than ENOUGH creatine and glutamine, hence theres absolutely no need to 'supplement' them. doing so will do nothing.

ive taken creatine before and it never did anything for me. thats personal experience, as is yours yet they make results for you. therefore its obvious you fail to eat a proper diet and need to supplement these things, I however do not and supplementing with them offers no benefit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.