Shadys fox ftw!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zep

Bloody good question; why post on bl at all?

Hey bluelight,

It seems there is a problem with not fitting into a mould of "expected behaviour " dictated by a few mods who don't have much to say publically about anything to do with harm reduction and continue to ignore the community at large's reasons to be here.

The way people are treated by mods such as cduggles , patronized by swillow the admin as an example is absolutely deplorable!

How many voices have been silenced does it take to get through to the owners that thus website no longer reaches out to anyone except the few staff who DO NOT CARE about the harm reduction, the community at all?

It is obvious from recent activity and the posting of private email exchanges between ex admin and ex members on a rogue discord channel that no focus is not on bl at all.

Some of us want to De escalate tensions between our friends and it would be great if crew and staff here would cease fire or man up use your name. Noodle you gave yourself away anyway dear.

Anyone has right to opinion and opinions of disdain towards bl staff individually are always around, so if you are a subject if that and don't like it- harden up or address the issues .

Many staff are loved and thanked for their time and energy. Thank you to people who can not be named as that also causes angst amongst those who have not earned the respect apparently.

Swillow: you appear to be able to type and are exceptionally rude, dismissive, unhelpful and inhospitable. Are you recovered from the serious personal problens that prevented you from writing a pm or do you need a staff vote to hide behind? I know damn well i hsve pissed you off, ditto to that and i apologise.

BL was built to be amazing by having amazing, unique, entertaining people who were also sometimes drug fucked and loopy- no one expects anything more than that and it's obscene to be expected "to behave " by people such as Cduggles who can't lead by example herself.

Haha, hello there in the shadows, don't hide. I actually deleted that thread for the reason that it can get misunderstood. Computers have power over the human brain, not only this, but people tend to take the internet way too personal sometimes, in this case both parties - mods & members. Yet I dunno what you are tryin to say here. What I can say it's that we know users care about their accounts, we want the best experience for them. We allow hate & freedom speech this with a limit sure but we allow it, so again what are you tryin to say here?

I actually deleted that thread

I thought it was a maze, where we must figure out it's meaning to escape to freedom.
Why you did delete this thing? I am still trapped inside !!

Swillow is actually swilow. Did you know that swilow has a sense of humor? He really does. I discovered this recently first-hand. That's pretty good I think.

Shady - thanks for posting and clarifying it was your decision to delete the thread, and not some censorship exercise on the part of staff. Also, thank you for your comments.

Dersh - you make make me laugh. Again. (y)

OP - for whatever reason you are posting anonymously, so be it. However, you're all over the place in singling out staff to criticize without examples to reference, touching on de-escalation with a group that seems content without us and we are doing ok without them so far, and spend a bit of time with a voice that rings of experience and yet criticizes the actions of non-drug mods being not focused on the HR aspects of the site (again, without examples but a general 'not good enough'). This non-drug mods not focusing on HR is somewhat understood by most long term members given how people gravitate to certain areas of the site. Really, if you have a point, can you clarify it so it can be addressed? Or is this just a general pitching of a fit? It's very hard to acknowledge, much less be able to address, such a post. Would you care to provide something we CAN work with?

I personally take offense to your suggestion that the remaining staff does not care about harm reduction. I spend a lot of time and energy answering questions for people who need answers in the drug forums, day in and day out... which is what this site is and has always been about. The recovery support forum mods also put a lot of time and effort and care into helping people, and we don't get paid for it and it's emotionally draining. I never really see you in the drug forums or the recovery forums, just in the social forums, so I don't know what makes you qualified to speak about harm reduction. I understand you have a problem with how certain things were handled. But don't shit on the entire site when the social forums are an offshoot that came later and have little to nothing to do with the bulk of the site. That is all.

Bloody good question; why post on bl at all?

Hey bluelight,

It seems there is a problem with not fitting into a mould of "expected behaviour " dictated by a few mods who don't have much to say publically about anything to do with harm reduction and continue to ignore the community at large's reasons to be here.

The way people are treated by mods such as cduggles , patronized by swillow the admin as an example is absolutely deplorable!

How many voices have been silenced does it take to get through to the owners that thus website no longer reaches out to anyone except the few staff who DO NOT CARE about the harm reduction, the community at all?

It is obvious from recent activity and the posting of private email exchanges between ex admin and ex members on a rogue discord channel that no focus is not on bl at all.

Some of us want to De escalate tensions between our friends and it would be great if crew and staff here would cease fire or man up use your name. Noodle you gave yourself away anyway dear.

Anyone has right to opinion and opinions of disdain towards bl staff individually are always around, so if you are a subject if that and don't like it- harden up or address the issues .

Many staff are loved and thanked for their time and energy. Thank you to people who can not be named as that also causes angst amongst those who have not earned the respect apparently.

Swillow: you appear to be able to type and are exceptionally rude, dismissive, unhelpful and inhospitable. Are you recovered from the serious personal problens that prevented you from writing a pm or do you need a staff vote to hide behind? I know damn well i hsve pissed you off, ditto to that and i apologise.

BL was built to be amazing by having amazing, unique, entertaining people who were also sometimes drug fucked and loopy- no one expects anything more than that and it's obscene to be expected "to behave " by people such as Cduggles who can't lead by example herself.
Well I learned something new. Didnt know Cduggles was a girl LOL.

Thing is he wants to say something but he doesn't know what. Mixing up words which doesn't make any sense. Before she recieves any further answers, Zeph, would you mind clarifying what's this discombobulated thing?

Give me a break, I don't think having severe doubts re a few moderators abilities is actually "taking a shit on the entire board but go ahead, make that up and run with it Xolorth.

Shady - thanks for posting and clarifying it was your decision to delete the thread, and not some censorship exercise on the part of staff. Also, thank you for your comments.

Dersh - you make make me laugh. Again. (y)

OP - for whatever reason you are posting anonymously, so be it. However, you're all over the place in singling out staff to criticize without examples to reference, touching on de-escalation with a group that seems content without us and we are doing ok without them so far, and spend a bit of time with a voice that rings of experience and yet criticizes the actions of non-drug mods being not focused on the HR aspects of the site (again, without examples but a general 'not good enough'). This non-drug mods not focusing on HR is somewhat understood by most long term members given how people gravitate to certain areas of the site. Really, if you have a point, can you clarify it so it can be addressed? Or is this just a general pitching of a fit? It's very hard to acknowledge, much less be able to address, such a post. Would you care to provide something we CAN work with?

I am a pretty emotional person and have always had emotion in my posts, I would say post is pitching a fit and also asking questions. I do not consider this just a tech support forum and refuse to believe the "SUPPORT " forum. YOU set up ages ago is now just tech support only .

Not exactly anonymous TLB, I think you know who I am and I don't have an account anymore , you know how and not why , not did that matter when your staff decided via vote weeks later instead of swillow answering a pm re banning an account you already said was ok to have in January!

Given the thread shady posted has completely voluntarily gone and thank God it is as there could have been some good discussion there , I'll just point out the bleeding obvious once Again for fun!

You have many options at your disposal with technology ability to monitor mod actions.

You have posted previously in this round of being present if some time in past eras willingness to investigate overzealous mods who clamp down and thwart contributions due to personal vendettas, bias or spite amongst other things.

I am convinced now that you are probably pretty over it, don't have much back up and drive behind you from staff to allow some regeneration of life into the place as the amount of correcting , banning and discouragement of more out there type posts from personalities is rather high. This is pretty much over the board tbh, cep especially but could be wrong as haven't taken much an interest anymore anyway.

You may detect a slight tone of sarcasm in this post and that's more Due to tiredness than actual sarcasm , apologies if you are annoyed as it's never pleasant to deal with a person who has not had a good experience here. I haven't obviously , it's okay though could be a lot worse.

I feel very sorry for this desrsh character, she is having a tough time here yet has bothered to come back and address issues. Instead if making that a negative thing TLB, consider that a bonus .

At least she is trying and is there any interest or attempt to do so from the mod side of things as in actually being communicative and kind? Maybe get to know her, make friends, relate to her, encourage her? Stuff like that? One on one , that's got to be better than going to report her posts, discuss behind her back, may be even be disparaging and judgemental as a group then flipping a ban without even giving the reason? Has that been fixed yet or nah.

TLB, clearly we have all gotten older and tired, I know I feel 99 and cranky lost the spark and can't be bothered anymore. You are still a hell of a lot brighter and optimistic than many yet the sparkle has gone out in you too.

Is this all there is, requirements to "behave" as set clear as mud depending on what subforum and what modbmiid us watching?

I think it's understandable to be pretty shitty at bl, not the concept of the board as a whole but what direction it is going in this time.

What us the direction exactly?

Is there one? You said something once about making sure there are no "missteps " are taken earlier this year and dont remember what steps were being taken.

It's very weird so much emphasis on bans and not much activity, surely there are different ways if sorting out things than straight to bans?

Ok I'll leave you to it, cya

I think I know who you are. Just leavin this here

tumblr_o259leQYRk1s1mluxo1_400.gif

As for your post, what can I say. You wanted to be banned, you been reviewed, debated then we had to sort out the image. You gave your account to a banned member, Jah, in this case if I recall corectly if not my mistake, but I don't think so. We forgive, we are a open-minded community. We do not set a specific type of behaviour, again with a limit but be yourself. The Staff it's mature enough to make distinctions as well enough to understand the why, the what or when. I do understand your view and I pointed out earlier, we are not ashamed to discuss anything. We know our mods have faults in their personalities and how they interact at the specific time they want to make an action, I have this experience with the ''Mafioso'' mod which almost wanted to make a court order out of it haha only because I said to someone ''I hate when people refer to Sunday as a special day''. He also threw me some life lessons, so yeah I know what you say, a person with half a brain can see this. Some of them take this job way too seriously and for the record this job it's also voluntary, why they do this? Hmm.. I don't wanna speak for everyone but since this my position as ex staff, I will have my share of bread, having power over something it's a good thing, it's gives you a sense of freedom a sense of high level arhitect type thing or to say it better as a Jailor which you aren't and i dunno why one would want to make - THIS - out of - THIS -. To say it better, they don't know what % of freedom to allow.

I do agree with you here. I pointed this myself earlier that the staff should speak about this issue with the mods that play in this lost playground here. Last thing for your person to add, you can still make an account here if you want to join back, no one's forces you to stay on the other side of the rain, we know that maybe we exaggerated over because we've banned Jah when he did new AC too but we do NOT do this type of thing anymore, if people want to come back we can still have them, depending on the level of damage they done in the past and yeah.. Desch, I am glad that she wanted to know why was banned and to be discussed but I think we didn't said anything bad to her, neither I, for e.g I myself added something very interesting for any person using the internet, that you shouldn't take things so personal, nothin' new but worth reminding. Admins know the banned case better as they have access to the files, logic and I don't think I should speak here but we are not responsible for any mental breakdown over a ban, one case to point out it's Pete.

Last edited:
Lemme send u some good vibes zephy :*. Don't be mad over these type of useless stuff. Come back to Lounge >P

you can still make an account here if you want to join back, no one's forces you to stay on the other side of the rain, we know that maybe we exaggerated over because we've banned Jah when he did new AC too but we do NOT do this type of thing anymore, if people want to come back we can still have them, depending on the level of damage they done in the past

To clarify for anyone else reading this, no, she can't still make an account. She earned the ban, is aware of the reasons for it, and was told she could come back next year with the expectation that everybody has moved on - her, with the constant complaining of how shitty the site is and the volunteers are; as well as the staff not carrying grudges or weariness from her past and vowing to give her an honest fresh start. Instead, she's returned to post in this thread (not exactly serving out the ban, is it?) and stirring the same old shit again (proving why some believed she can't move on).

= = = = =

We tried, but we're done here. Several staff looked to initially remove this as not being productive. The rest chose to keep it out here in hopes of something useful coming of it but this has proven to be misguided hope.

For the general public we don't work to silence dissent. That's a big reason this was kept open in STH. However, this is a currently banned person choosing to rehash the same things she's raised for years and we've gotten nowhere. A quick look of other similar threads in this forum show attempts to find issues and solutions, but not much progress was made other than those unhappy with how the site is run migrating to other mediums. This one last attempt proves this is a fruitless effort, and as such, the thread is now closed.

Zephyr, for returning while banned, and proving you can't move on, the staff has decided you may not return ever. You've stated many times that this place and it's volunteers are crap, now is your chance to no longer deal with it, nor the staff to deal with your endless criticisms. Good luck elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.