Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shabs = Ice?

showtek

Greenlighter
I smoked some "ice" the other day for my first time. Really nice smoking it though using a lightbulb. I found it to be quite boring though and all it did for me was make me feel active a bit and more alert (until I smoked some weed then I felt sick and threw up and slept). 8)

Maybe I didn't have enough? It came in small crystals...

Is that what shabs are? Because my friend told me "this is 100% pure methamphetamine... crystal... ice. some good shabs."

Was he confused about something or am I? :!

are you sure he didnt say shards not shabs , some ppl call meth shards ive never heard shabs before

it could be anything, it all depends who you are speaking to.. but i can tell you with certainty that it wasn't 100% pure methamphetamine.

Yes. He said shabs... but they looked really small and crystal like.

Also what about the effect... didn't I smoke enough or what? Not that I'm going to ever do it again but hey...

well if you slept soon after, then i'd guess that you didn't have enough. though meth is a relatively subtle in effect.. even boring you might say.

johnnyonelove said:
well if you slept soon after, then i'd guess that you didn't have enough. though meth is a relatively subtle in effect.. even boring you might say.

Some of my friends seem to love it but to me it was really boring... like, seriously boring. :eek:

I mean, I felt "different" but just wasn't anything I expected you know... Nothing special.

it sometimes takes a while to get the full effect of meth unless its plunged into your arm at a high dose.... where you are forced to experience the real meth rush and high.. not that i recommend that!

But even if its weak gear you should still not be able to sleep so easy.. you would maybe feel tired after a while but dreams would be all weird REM flashes and you would be in a trance not deep sleep.

Yeah, I'm guessing I didn't smoke enough then. Oh well. Screw ice, it's bad anyway and I prefer more trippy shit than stimulatives.

im guessing shabs being short for shabu or alternative to shards.

smokin meth is a more subtle and head high compared to whackin it up. and like splatt said it can take a while to become accustomed to the effects. i found i could sleep not too long after smoking a a couple points as compared to bootin 2-3 points of crystal which would last 24+ hours depending on quality.

you're right about smoking meth boring, its like a crack den. fiending and fighting over the pipe. "hurry up cunt youve been tokin that shit for ages yada yada yada"

try eating it next time if you score again. gives a nice body high and last longer than smoking

showtek said:
Screw ice
My thoughts exactly ;)

Yeah, shabs is short for shabu, which is what the Japanese call meth (literally means "swish" - a style of quick cooking in soup). But enough etymology.

If you smoked it and fell asleep after a couple of cones, you either got dud gear or only had a tiny, tiny amount. My guess is the former.

You'll have to be careful with the "didn't have enough" mentality. When I first tried gear (way back in 02), the quality I had access to was total crap (all base) and easily for anyone to consume a few points of, with or without a tolerance. At the time, I thought that particular gear was as good as it could get, and having a few points at once was a normal thing to do.

A few years later in 05 (as "ice" had started to boom) I had access to some high quality gear that was said to have been "washed". It appeared as very fine very small crystals and had no apparent odor. Since I'd only used low quality gear before, I still had my previous mentality of a single point not being a very strong dose. As such I loaded up a point into a glass pipe and smoked it all, not expecting much to happen.

Within about 5 minutes I needed to hurl badly, I felt body rushes that were almost similar to a high dose of mdxx, and my vision felt completely spun out. I felt overstimulated and couldn't focus properly on anything. I was sweating profusely, but even trying to consume a small sip of water seemed near impossible, with my body feeling completely bloated. Some might say this just sounds like a decent dose of meth but I found it to be quite uncomfortable (especially since I was expecting it to be a mild dose), and the effects seemed to peak for 2-3 or so hours, with another 6 hours of strong feelings.

Despite that experience, I did smoke it many times after that - though in smaller doses at a time (around 20-30mg) so I could gauge the strength more easily, without accidentally having more than necessary. The only problem then became that, when consuming many small doses, there is always a tendency to have "just one more" ... until there is none left. It also seems to turn the most rational of people into fiends.

I meant to phrase that "it can" turn some of the most rational people into fiends. The last thing I want to do is further spread any of the typical "this drug is so evil it can't be used responsibly" type of myths. But I'm sure most people who have been around the gear scene know a friend or two who have had some pretty harsh effects from the stuff. Same goes for every drug though I guess!

^ Unfortunately the only hookup I had for meth became one of those sad cases of someone who just fucked everything up. He was only getting base, but the amounts he was using were just incredible to me. He also got me into needling it, which I only did a few times before one time he stole $200 off me and dissapeared into thin air. Even his family had no idea where he was.

Next time I saw him he was on the streets of Spring Hill, homeless and a complete mess :(

Even though he did steal my money, I kinda felt bad for the guy, that he'd turned into such a mess. Before that he had a relatively well paying job as a trades person, which he lost of course.

But yeah, responsible use is possible with ice, just like any other drug. It's just the media makin' it out like it's 'one hit and yo is hooked'. 8)

Splatt said:
But even if its weak gear you should still not be able to sleep so easy.. you would maybe feel tired after a while but dreams would be all weird REM flashes and you would be in a trance not deep sleep.

This is the main reason i dont use gear very much, I absolutely despise that terrible half-sleep that I get from it.

At least with pills once you manage to sleep you actually do.

i find Restavit (doxylamine succinate) to be quiet effective in aiding sleep. Its OTC.

yes, the insomnia is one of the biggest negative of meth. you sign a contract, and are locked in for a relatively large amount of time.

smoking meth doesn't really do a great deal for me even when its the absolute koota, the only way I have found the facination with meth is by danging it.

^ same here... i find even snorting it gives a better more energetic buzz....
and yes i know how to smoke a cracky and take big enough puffs. (1pt or so).. so tried it a few times then sticked to IVing it.. you know you're going to get all the product then.. i even wash out the bag.

i'm probably a minority, but i actually find i get a better rush smoking meth rather than IVing, but i rarely get a rush regardless. and as much as i do enjoy IVing, i'm finding it harder and harder to justify injecting street quality substance directly into my blood stream.